Post by sparklesandsequins »

following :tu:

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 9)

Post by darcyking »

need to post something so I can follow this thread lol but can't wait for the vlog tonight/tomorrow!! The last one was super good, hopefully they will have some footage from the golden globes after party in this one!

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by pious »

Why is Heath considering a move to Vegas? So he can nurture a gambling addiction?

BiTheWay
Learner
Learner

Post by BiTheWay »

darcyking wrote:
rey7878 wrote:I feel like I only comment on here to talk about the Instagram girls they've been hanging out with but they really annoy me lol! They just seem so boring and I don't think the VS realizes they're being used because even though Stass is friends with Kylie, her and her friends aren't really super popular or famous. It's like they're trying to cling on to them. Anyways, not sure why I feel they way because I used to watch Stass' channel and it was mildly interesting to me. I liked her plastic surgery videos and she does have a wonky but implant, it's like flat on one side.

I liked the last vlog when they pranked Natalie because Heath and Scott were in it. It seemed liked they were kind of left out a bit before or maybe they're just busy with their girlfriends. Although, I will say Heath has been hanging with JC, Kian, Dom and that gang a little more often...
darcyking wrote:Trust me, you are not the only one annoyed by the instagram models they keep hanging out with. They have no substance, and seem to be only bringing problems and animosity to the group. It seems like all they do is party together and do drugs.
To add to this general topic, obviously Olivia O is dating Todd, but it seems to me that Stassie is leading Zane on. They don't seem to be actually dating/sleeping together (Olivia O's #notdating insta story, the weird serenading moment in the NYE vlog, etc.) My opinion as a complete outsider is that Stassie knows Zane likes her and is trying to remain flirty but still technically only friends with him so that her and her friends keep being invited around and featured in the vlogs.

cantbelieveit
Learner
Learner

Post by cantbelieveit »

I started thinking that Health was talking about moving out of LA because he might be leaving the YouTube world behind due to views and Adsense and all that stuff, but I just looked at his channel and he does relatively well in that department so I wonder what might be the factors that are pushing him towards that idea

Farting Unicorn
Informer
Informer

Post by Farting Unicorn »

Dom's friend Seth is the CEO/Founder of @sertifiedcasting. Seth is the guy who was tricked into making out with Jason. Twice. Also, makes sense why he brought his cousins as extras when David pulled the end of the world prank on Brandon.
(I have a stalking problem)
opinionated but also a pushover.

nikkibella17
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nikkibella17 »

cantbelieveit wrote:I started thinking that Health was talking about moving out of LA because he might be leaving the YouTube world behind due to views and Adsense and all that stuff, but I just looked at his channel and he does relatively well in that department so I wonder what might be the factors that are pushing him towards that idea
From the things he has said/what I've noticed he just seems a lot happier when he isn't in LA. Kind of like Corinna. She talks about how much happier in Florida she is than in LA. I live in LA and it gets to the point to where it's not worth it to be here anymore. Rent is insane (getting a one bedroom for less than $2500 a month is challenging), it's hard to find genuine people here, and TRAFFIC. UGH. It takes me two hours to get to the grocery store and its 7 miles away. I think I ranted a little too much there haha.

littleraskle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by littleraskle »

Tessa30245 wrote:
KatieTheTerrible wrote:
littleraskle wrote:
KatieTheTerrible wrote:
Dobrica wrote:I'm white so I can't comment on whether her "blaccent" is offensive or not. What I don't understand, however, is why she uses it as a punchline. Every other phrase of hers ends up spoken in that way, as if it's supposed to be hilarious. It isn't.

I hope nobody quotes Wikipedia again about what funniness is, lol.
How can you see that this isn't funny but not recognize that Jason imitating David's mom isn't funny? It's the same thing.
No its not! They make fun of accents from a variety of backgrounds all the time. Liza specifically puts on THE SAME blaccent every single time she wants to act ghetto/funny. Its not funny anymore. If she did 3-4 DIFFERENT accents then maybe we'd think "oh this is just Lizas thing" but she doesnt. The fact you'd even try to compare the two is idiotic!
What? I don't get how it'd be different if it was "Liza's thing". In either scenario, an accent is the butt of the joke. You're saying that if she did a blaccent for "ghetto" jokes and then, say, an Armenian accent for "confused foreigner" jokes, it'd be okay then because it's her thing? Exactly how many other accents does she have to include in order for her blaccent to not be offensive anymore? I honestly don't understand your reasoning, I'm not just trying to bait you.
I’m white so I’m NOT an authority on why Liza’s blaccent is offensive in a different way than the other accent jokes but what stands out to me about it is that she’s made it almost part of her identity. It’s a pattern of speech she uses in all types of conversation (she even did it in her acceptance speech at the Streamys). The accents that Jason and Josh do are used in a specific type of conversation, in reference to a specific person. Liza is not black, so adopting that pattern of speech and using it at the end of nearly every sentence, or at least every point she’s trying to make, is unusual. It doesn’t enhance what she’s saying in a good way and it doesn’t make it funnier, but it seems like she thinks that it will. The implication being that having an opinion or a thought while black is inherently comical, i.e. not to be taken seriously.

I’m not saying that I think any of the aforementioned use of accents are funny, but this is just the difference I see in them. Again, I’m white and I’m not saying that any of it offends me personally, these are just my observations.
Thank you. You said it much more eloquently then I did. I wish I had twitter so I could call her out on it. It’s tired and I actually think she’s a great girl who doesn’t need to be doing that.

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

Liza is definitely more well-spoken and more mature than David, but then again, women usually are. Especially at that age.

David is no dummy, but his biggest problem is that he has a Trump-like stubbornness about his lack of knowledge or maturity, like “eh who cares? I’m successful anyway.” Extra brownie points for being honest about it, though.

wishes
Informer
Informer

Post by wishes »

Heath has also mentioned LA is expensive as hell for the house he has now. Get more bang for your buck somewhere like Vegas or outskirts of it. Surprisingly, after some quick research, LA is on the end of top 10 on most expensive cities to live and Washington, D.C. is in the middle (where I live).
I judge you on your grammatical errors.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

:tu:
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

pandry
Informer
Informer

Post by pandry »

Maybe Heath will settle elsewhere but take frequent trips to LA? That seems like the most probable future to me

JustHereForFun
Talker
Talker

Post by JustHereForFun »

I saw some photos on Instagram of David last night (I think?) out with Kaia Gerber (and her friends) and it looked like they were on a date/close =

There’s another photo of them walking out of somewhere (with another girl) but I can’t find it.

These photos seem “revealing” and are made to look like theyre a thing and even I was convinced something was going on until I googled her and found out she was only 17 so I’m hoping this it not what it looks like.

Edit= Okay I looked at the photo and realised I was being slightly over dramatic. I saw some stan accounts comment on it so I got carried away.

Blehmieux
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Blehmieux »

Farting Unicorn wrote:Dom's friend Seth is the CEO/Founder of @sertifiedcasting. Seth is the guy who was tricked into making out with Jason. Twice. Also, makes sense why he brought his cousins as extras when David pulled the end of the world prank on Brandon.
i was shocked when i saw that he was the ceo of that company. i didn’t expect one of dom’s skeezy and lazy-seeming friends to be that successful. i guess it’s hard to fail when you have someone as big as david as your friend to loyally use and promote your company so often, but still, i was surprised.

sparklesandsequins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sparklesandsequins »

JustHereForFun wrote:I saw some photos on Instagram of David last night (I think?) out with Kaia Gerber (and her friends) and it looked like they were on a date/close =

There’s another photo of them walking out of somewhere (with another girl) but I can’t find it.

These photos seem “revealing” and are made to look like theyre a thing and even I was convinced something was going on until I googled her and found out she was only 17 so I’m hoping this it not what it looks like.

Edit= Okay I looked at the photo and realised I was being slightly over dramatic. I saw some stan accounts comment on it so I got carried away.
Kaia's bffs with Olivia Jade. Cam azoff posted a pic of david, olivia, him, and kaia last night, so i'm pretty sure they were all just hanging out together & paps happened to just catch that pic of them alone. It looked more like a party lol.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/cazoff/

It looks like the same place todd/zane/olivia o/stassie/crew were last night.

BiTheWay
Learner
Learner

Post by BiTheWay »

japaluvr wrote:Heath has also mentioned LA is expensive as hell for the house he has now. Get more bang for your buck somewhere like Vegas or outskirts of it. Surprisingly, after some quick research, LA is on the end of top 10 on most expensive cities to live and Washington, D.C. is in the middle (where I live).
They're also living in very expensive parts of LA. Not that anywhere in LA is cheap, but Heath lives somewhere in WeHo/Hollywood, Corinna's studio is in Hollywood, and the rest of the group is mostly living around the Hollywood Hills now.

Farting Unicorn
Informer
Informer

Post by Farting Unicorn »

Blehmieux wrote:
Farting Unicorn wrote:Dom's friend Seth is the CEO/Founder of @sertifiedcasting. Seth is the guy who was tricked into making out with Jason. Twice. Also, makes sense why he brought his cousins as extras when David pulled the end of the world prank on Brandon.
i was shocked when i saw that he was the ceo of that company. i didn’t expect one of dom’s skeezy and lazy-seeming friends to be that successful. i guess it’s hard to fail when you have someone as big as david as your friend to loyally use and promote your company so often, but still, i was surprised.
I had to check 5 times to make sure it was the same Seth. Makes sense why he had an an assistant tho. Now that I think of it, it's actually very smart on his part to use David's influence and make a career that might actually get him somewhere compared to all of David's other friends who're to lazy to step out of his shadow and do something on their own.
opinionated but also a pushover.

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

sparklesandsequins wrote:
JustHereForFun wrote:I saw some photos on Instagram of David last night (I think?) out with Kaia Gerber (and her friends) and it looked like they were on a date/close =

Kaia's bffs with Olivia Jade. Cam azoff posted a pic of david, olivia, him, and kaia last night, so i'm pretty sure they were all just hanging out together & paps happened to just catch that pic of them alone. It looked more like a party lol.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/cazoff/

It looks like the same place todd/zane/olivia o/stassie/crew were last night.
I hope they aren't dating lol she is 17. Also, I think she has a boyfriend but I could be wrong

jackassgap
Talker
Talker

Post by jackassgap »

:tu:

Return to “David Dobrik”