The Girl Gone Green - Manuela Baron

Forum rules
Please DO NOT Post Content that is Copyrighted! IE: Content from onlyfans (dot) com ...

We get DMCA notices and simply have to remove the content. Apologies...
sapphirerain
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

The Girl Gone Green - Manuela Baron

Post by sapphirerain »

Has anyone else watched her? Wow, she annoys the hell out of me. I don’t even know whether she has any kind of qualification, but she throws around all of this advice about minimalism/zero-waste/happiness etc. I find her extremely stuck up and her videos agitate me so much. She seems very self-absorbed and comes across as forceful. She probably looks down on those who aren’t zero-waste.

lurker1991
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Girl Gone Green - Manuela Baron

Post by lurker1991 »

sapphirerain wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:35 pm
Has anyone else watched her? Wow, she annoys the hell out of me. I don’t even know whether she has any kind of qualification, but she throws around all of this advice about minimalism/zero-waste/happiness etc. I find her extremely stuck up and her videos agitate me so much. She seems very self-absorbed and comes across as forceful. She probably looks down on those who aren’t zero-waste.
Can we have a general zero wasters topic? I feel like a lot of them are pretty much like this. A lot of them assume that everyone else has the same access to things that they do and act straight up rude when the average person can't be zero waste. Like if someone says they have no bulk bins or farmer's markets in their area a lot of them have advice that amounts to "try harder to find one!" or if they don't have time/skill to cook everything from scratch "it's so easy!" or if they have to use a car "move to an area where you don't need to drive!" They often advocate pseudoscience and dubiously safe products like homemade toothpaste and mascara. Also I've actually tried to make some zero waste changes and I call bullshit on most of the zero wasters, except for the ones who acknowledge that they generate way more than a mason jar of trash. There's no way these people go years without getting a receipt or a piece of junk mail that has a plastic window on the envelope, for example.

Also since I couldn't find a general zero waste topic to post this in...I kind of feel like Lauren Singer (Trash Is For Tossers) may have an eating disorder. She's posted pictures of "meals" before that were just a plain salad of greens or a mason jar of watermelon, she made an angry post one time about how a magazine asked her to do a "food diary" and then refused to publish it because they thought she didn't eat enough (she claimed this was because "she forgets to eat due to being a business owner"), and now she posted this picture where she's looking pretty underweight.

Return to “F-K”