Comfortable shoes for work?

island_grown
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Comfortable shoes for work?

Post by island_grown »

So I work in retail and basically have to stand for 8+ hours a day.
Does anyone have a stylish brand/shoe in mind that is really comfortable, preferably flats,loafers,oxfords or boots/booties?
Any suggestions will be helpful!
Also, thought about buying insoles for shoes? Any brands? tips?

halfasiantakeover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Comfortable shoes for work?

Post by halfasiantakeover »

I like the Payless Shoe Source's Lower East Side flats. They go on sale constantly, and they last for a while. I love them. I've heard good things about Zara's shoes as well. My personal taste runs more towards sneakers so I'm sorry I can't give more suggestions! Doc Martens are also great for wearing all day. But they tend to be more pricey. From my experience working in retail, anything with a solid rubber sole is much more comfortable then a pair of TOMS. Payless also has a section that caters to people who are on their feet all day, its called the "comfort plus" collection. And it might not be the most fashionable or price conscious choice, but I LIVE in my Birkenstocks. They are so comfy, and I can wear them all day with no pain.

Insoles are also a great idea! I have some from Tiger Bear Republik that are super comfy, but they're a bit on the pricier side. But part of the money from the sale goes to supporting a bunch of great causes (youth education being one!), so I don't mind the price as much. Dr. Scholl's for her also makes some great insoles, as well as the original Dr. Scholl's brand. Check for sales, and if you have it near you, they have this funky machine that will measure your foot and provide you with a specific style.

jMC125
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by jMC125 »

I bought some leather ballet flats from target and put in orthaheel insoles. Saves my feet most days.

danafruit
Learner
Learner

Post by danafruit »

If you're willing to spend a little more on a comfortable, quality shoe, I recommend Born. They sell them online and Macy's as far as I know. They're not the most fashionable shoes ever, but they're comfortable and classic, and feel like you're walking on little clouds all day.

As for soles, I recommend Dr. Scholls. However, if you have insurance, see your podiatrist. Your insurance may cover a set of customizable soles that fit your foot perfectly, and may cost less than pre-made soles or be roughly equivalent.

Running_n_Donuts
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Running_n_Donuts »

Girls, I recently bought a pair of fall booties from ASOS and they're leather and about 50$ and so comfy! As for insoles, I splurge on Dr.Scholls because I figure they're cheaper than having to throw out shoes from horrible discomfort and losing that money that way...

MistyJ
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MistyJ »

When it comes to work comfort is the key. Being a women, I never compromise with comfort specially for shoes. A good work-friendly shoe could be little expensive but always worth investing.

sunflowerskies
Debater
Debater

Post by sunflowerskies »

I think target would be a good place to find cute and comfortable shoes!
☕️

Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Libby_UK »

If you don't mind looking like an old lady then clarks are the most comfortable.

patriciaringca
Lurker
Lurker

Post by patriciaringca »

I bought my first pair of Arcopedico a month ago when they were on sale and I love them for both comfort and style!

achlys
Talker
Talker

Post by achlys »

When I worked retail and waitressed, I always wore platform heels. The brand doesn't really matter. They still looked good and were super comfortable because the platform made them almost feel like flats.

Insoles helped a lot too but they can get gross and need to be replaced pretty often if you're on your feet a lot, especially the cheap silicone ones. The silicone ones would also rip on me.

Abby21
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Abby21 »

island_grown wrote:So I work in retail and basically have to stand for 8+ hours a day.
Does anyone have a stylish brand/shoe in mind that is really comfortable, preferably flats,loafers,oxfords or boots/booties?
Any suggestions will be helpful!
Also, thought about buying insoles for shoes? Any brands? tips?
Personally I like nike shoes and they are really comfy to me, but I also use personally made show in soles. They cost 20-30€ but are totally worth it cause they last a longggg time

RichardM
Stalker
Stalker

Post by RichardM »

In my opinion, sports shoes are always a better option than anything else. you can use them in weather conditions. More comfortable and durable too.

benji21
Stalker
Stalker

Post by benji21 »

Hello Everyone,

I am working in a factory that's why I need a shoe which is tough in texture as well as comfortable too. Kindly suggest me a shoe.

Thanks

WCSaidSo

Post by WCSaidSo »

Following! <3

alex1109
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by alex1109 »

I think every person has their different opinion about the shoes for work. If someone ask me what shoes i would prefer to wear at work then i say the sports shoes or it may be safety shoes. As i am very comfortable with sports shoes but when it comes to safety, i would like to wear the safety shoes while working. Safety shoes will help me to be protected from obstacles coming at the time of working.

alex1109
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by alex1109 »

I think every person has their different opinion about the shoes for work. If someone ask me what shoes i would prefer to wear at work then i say the sports shoes or it may be safety shoes. As i am very comfortable with sports shoes but when it comes to safety, i would like to wear the safety shoes while working. Safety shoes will help me to be protected from obstacles coming at the time of working.

patriciaringca
Lurker
Lurker

Post by patriciaringca »

A few thoughts. Depending on The Shape of the foot, you can try Eccos. Also Clark's, Soffts, and Borns. There is a great site called BarkingDog that gives recommendations for super comfortable but good looking shoes.

Return to “Shoes”