Lesser Known MALE Fitspos

joyshan13
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Lesser Known MALE Fitspos

Post by joyshan13 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Vodkab4noon wrote: Omg this is some great gossip haha! Sorry I have soooo many questions. When you say there seems to be something "off" about him, do you possibly mean Asperger's? Or something among those lines? Or do you just mean he should be over the skateboarding glory days? Now I'm gonna have to go back & watch his videos to see that juicy ass.

I know what you mean when people record. There's a semi popular IG couple at my gym that I'm tempted to post here. But they would without a doubt know who I am & probably read here, so I just have to be in the background of their videos dying while doing cardio.
I don't really know what I mean by "off"... just maybe that he's slow on the uptake. I think he might just be kinda dumb in a bro-y way. I think he might have a troubled past (like Nate) that he hasn't spoken of or that I just don't know about. He's trying REALLY hard to ~make it~ but he like lives with his aunt or something which is kinda strange. He's been down here for awhile now so I wonder why he doesn't get an apartment. He also seems like he doesn't hang out with any chicks which is bizarre because... he can get it. I would smash 10/10 and not need a call back :rofl:
I was wondering the same too. Perceptions are skewed and all that but I kind of appreciate how his cheat days are just with his bros. If Erik the Electric is any indication, he gets EVEN more annoying when he's in a relationship and includes the girl in every single one of his videos. Plus, Nick is always very sweet to the staff and behind-the-counter service, which I use as a general barometer for kindness.

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by spilledmytea »

Assuming it's not clickbait, it looks like the Massthetics boys have had a falling out.

Cp3p0
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cp3p0 »

spilledmytea wrote:Assuming it's not clickbait, it looks like the Massthetics boys have had a falling out.

Sorry but could you elaborate on the video? I went to check out their channel and it’s gone. I follow them on Facebook and they haven’t posted anything since the meet up at their gym with CG, Maxx, and that little guy Nick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

Cp3p0 wrote:
spilledmytea wrote:Assuming it's not clickbait, it looks like the Massthetics boys have had a falling out.

Sorry but could you elaborate on the video? I went to check out their channel and it’s gone. I follow them on Facebook and they haven’t posted anything since the meet up at their gym with CG, Maxx, and that little guy Nick.

No one really seems to know, but Garrett posted screenshots of texts he sent to Simon where he basically told him to fuck off, saying he was scum, and that he was cutting him out of the new gym and killing off the Massthetics brand.

Only surprising part to me was that it wasn't the other way around, since Garrett has always come off as the more immature, crass one.

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

can't remember if brian decosta has his own thread, too lazy to go find it...but omg. i hate follow him but i think i'm even going to have to stop doing that because he is extra obnoxious lately. he posted a YT vid and then whined in his IG story that people were commenting super negatively and asked his fans to go spread some positivity. First of all - there were maybe 30 comments total and like five were the usual people saying 'no way this guy is natural.' and they didn't even say it that meanly just like hello, reality check. he really thinks he is God's gift to human kind.

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

Re: Massthetics

Simon shared his side of the story and he came off as a lot more credible than Garrett. Short version is that Garrett was essentially kicked out of med school within the last year and is up to his eyeballs in debt between starting the new gym and owning some luxury cars. Simon feels like the driving force for Garrett kicking him to the curb is that it effectively frees up half of the income from the gym and Massthetics' other revenue streams (i.e. programs).

GymTanLaundry
Learner
Learner

Post by GymTanLaundry »

spilledmytea wrote:Re: Massthetics

Simon shared his side of the story and he came off as a lot more credible than Garrett. Short version is that Garrett was essentially kicked out of med school within the last year and is up to his eyeballs in debt between starting the new gym and owning some luxury cars. Simon feels like the driving force for Garrett kicking him to the curb is that it effectively frees up half of the income from the gym and Massthetics' other revenue streams (i.e. programs).
Agreed. It helps that he didn't lash out when it first went down, so his post comes across as more even tempered.

Also, he mentioned Garrett getting "professionalism violations," which resulted in him getting kicked out of medical school. I tried looking up the definition and it seems kind of vague. If it's true, I wonder what he did to finally get kicked out.

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

I mentioned in my first post about this that I was surprised it wasn't Garrett who was getting the boot, since he always came across as the bigger ass of the two. So I'm inclined to believe Simon's take if for no other reason than that.

Post by Guest »

So were the std allegation directed towards Garret ( check out fitnessinstafamous page)
Damn, this is piping hot tea

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

Seems so. At this point, I'm definitely siding with Simon. Gary just seems like he's gotten in over his head and shit is unraveling.

Hashtag fitness
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hashtag fitness »

@fitnessinstafamous posted about this earlier but looks like Aaron Shumake (Jessica Arevalo’s ex) was arrested yesterday for stealing a car

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... 408629.php

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

Not sure if anyone even knows who Travis S is, but I just watched his recent video about getting dropped by his sponsor, Rise. I thought the video was actually tasteful and mature (no bashing of company, etc.) but his responses to some people's comments... :? like, a few comments were RUDE (about how his social media presence is blah and his channel sucks anymore) but some were really respectful and kind (like saying they subbed for one reason and he doesn't do videos like that anymore so they left, nothing personal) and he is sooooo snarky in his replies. i was almost considering pity-subbing to him (because I respect that he works a real, full time job still) but nope, i'm so over the YTers treating anyone who doesnt kiss their a$$ like dirt.

on a side note, does anyone actually use Rise??? i feel like getting dropped from them wouldn't be that big of a deal lol

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

Healthyish85 wrote:Not sure if anyone even knows who Travis S is, but I just watched his recent video about getting dropped by his sponsor, Rise. I thought the video was actually tasteful and mature (no bashing of company, etc.) but his responses to some people's comments... :? like, a few comments were RUDE (about how his social media presence is blah and his channel sucks anymore) but some were really respectful and kind (like saying they subbed for one reason and he doesn't do videos like that anymore so they left, nothing personal) and he is sooooo snarky in his replies. i was almost considering pity-subbing to him (because I respect that he works a real, full time job still) but nope, i'm so over the YTers treating anyone who doesnt kiss their a$$ like dirt.

on a side note, does anyone actually use Rise??? i feel like getting dropped from them wouldn't be that big of a deal lol
Yikes!! Someone gave legitimate feedback saying they unsubbed when the food vids stopped (which he KNOWS are the videos that get views). And Travis came back with "but if you just want to see another man put things in his mouth then I think that says more about you than me." WOW. Homophobic much?? So Rise was unprofessional, but I wouldn't want him on my team either. Glad he's under 100k now.

i_cannot_even
Lurker
Lurker

Post by i_cannot_even »

treelee wrote:
Healthyish85 wrote:Not sure if anyone even knows who Travis S is, but I just watched his recent video about getting dropped by his sponsor, Rise. I thought the video was actually tasteful and mature (no bashing of company, etc.) but his responses to some people's comments... :? like, a few comments were RUDE (about how his social media presence is blah and his channel sucks anymore) but some were really respectful and kind (like saying they subbed for one reason and he doesn't do videos like that anymore so they left, nothing personal) and he is sooooo snarky in his replies. i was almost considering pity-subbing to him (because I respect that he works a real, full time job still) but nope, i'm so over the YTers treating anyone who doesnt kiss their a$$ like dirt.

Yikes!! Someone gave legitimate feedback saying they unsubbed when the food vids stopped (which he KNOWS are the videos that get views). And Travis came back with "but if you just want to see another man put things in his mouth then I think that says more about you than me." WOW. Homophobic much?? So Rise was unprofessional, but I wouldn't want him on my team either. Glad he's under 100k now.

I felt somewhat bad for him when I saw him drop below 100k. I mean, he definitely puts effort into his videos. However, in a way he reminds me of Kara Corey - they both try so hard to be "cool", but fail miserably

letmetellyou
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by letmetellyou »

travis has always been a try hard. i used to like him, but unsubbed when he moved to texas. i just lost interest in his videos - the titles just kept getting more and more clickbaity and the content got a bit repetitive and too lecture-y imo.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

When did Jeff Nippard surpass 900k? He's bigger than CG in terms of subs now. I always think of him as the guy with like 100k if that, but he sure has blown up the last year or two. Even though I hate his voice and relationship with Stephanie I'm glad a fairly smart and reasonable guy is actually getting subs.

KlingonFitUK
Learner
Learner

Post by KlingonFitUK »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
treelee wrote:When did Jeff Nippard surpass 900k? He's bigger than CG in terms of subs now. I always think of him as the guy with like 100k if that, but he sure has blown up the last year or two. Even though I hate his voice and relationship with Stephanie I'm glad a fairly smart and reasonable guy is actually getting subs.
Yeah, I don't mind Jeff. He seems really intelligent and like he cares about what he does... unlike the bitch in his bed. I was listening to his new podcast episode with Bret Contreras in the shower last night and I was getting so frustrated because Bret wouldn't shut the fuck up and let Jeff get a word in edgewise lol.
Sorry for going off topic, I'd ask in chat thread but seems that people don't pay attention to it.
What do you use for listening podcasts in the shower?
I just updated to iPhone XR just so I could use it in the shower and baths, but it absorbed water like a sponge! Apple replaced it but told me to not get it wet again, how it's gamble every time you do it. So now I'm annoyed with them. Like you bishes advertise it as water resistant and then tell me to not get it wet. Wtf! :roll:

Cp3p0
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cp3p0 »

Did anyone watch Gary from Massthetics version of what happened on his Gary Legion YouTube channel?

I couldn’t get through the first video because of how angry it made me that he didn’t see how absolutely stupid it was to open a gym with no money at all. That he used school loans to buy mats and doesn’t to this day see how much of a mistake that was, baffles me. It’s mostly just him trying to be the smoking gun as to Simon being a POS. Newsflash, we all been knew. Anyone who has ever watched their videos knows they’re both horrible people.

His story also merged almost completely with Simons. It’s just showing Garret’s frustration that the person he says doesn’t own legion iron at all, isn’t giving his life over to Legion Iron... ok. But that one day he was going to be part owner.. but that doesn’t give him any right to the company now... so which is it?

Second video was a little better but still so much cringe! He takes himself so seriously and try’s to make it so dramatic. He has this A ha, I got you now face.

He calls out Simon for cheating (and shows gym footage) on his then GF who apparently has cancer. Well at least according to Gary. But wtf Gary. Why you putting her face and personal stuff on blast. And what about her having cancer? He’s about to be a doctor supposedly and he’s not considering her at all and shows IMO that the professor was right in suspending him. He’s so emotional and irrational. Ugh such a shit show.

GymTanLaundry
Learner
Learner

Post by GymTanLaundry »

Cp3p0 wrote:Did anyone watch Gary from Massthetics version of what happened on his Gary Legion YouTube channel?

I couldn’t get through the first video because of how angry it made me that he didn’t see how absolutely stupid it was to open a gym with no money at all. That he used school loans to buy mats and doesn’t to this day see how much of a mistake that was, baffles me. It’s mostly just him trying to be the smoking gun as to Simon being a POS. Newsflash, we all been knew. Anyone who has ever watched their videos knows they’re both horrible people.

His story also merged almost completely with Simons. It’s just showing Garret’s frustration that the person he says doesn’t own legion iron at all, isn’t giving his life over to Legion Iron... ok. But that one day he was going to be part owner.. but that doesn’t give him any right to the company now... so which is it?

Second video was a little better but still so much cringe! He takes himself so seriously and try’s to make it so dramatic. He has this A ha, I got you now face.

He calls out Simon for cheating (and shows gym footage) on his then GF who apparently has cancer. Well at least according to Gary. But wtf Gary. Why you putting her face and personal stuff on blast. And what about her having cancer? He’s about to be a doctor supposedly and he’s not considering her at all and shows IMO that the professor was right in suspending him. He’s so emotional and irrational. Ugh such a shit show.

Agree with your comments. He comes across as completely deranged. My initial reaction to these videos was "Wow, I can't believe he's putting this up on the internet for everyone to see. He'll never make it past any future job background checks." Then I realized there's no way this dude can work for anyone other than himself.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Did Brian Decosta work in IT before he got into SM?

David Laid and Dylan Mckenna yesterday launched a members only website and I think Brian is behind it. David has been in Boulder launching it (no idea why there) and I thought I saw Brian in David's video and looked at his IG - he is with them.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”