Hours: Available 24 hours a day!
800-273-8255

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
BDuB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Anxiety and panic attacks.

Post by BDuB »

Lately my anxiety and panic attacks have gotten worse, i wish i knew what was the trigger.
I would wake up in the middle of the night and feel it happen, i try everything to breathe slowly, it's insane. I feel so crippled by this.
I either get super nauseas while in the middle of it or dry heave.

I hate this, there's nothing in my life that i can complain about, actually for once everything has been going great for me - been that way for a while.

My anxiety has turned to panic attacks and more frequently, is it crazy to say i'd rather die then feel this way? don't worry im not going to do anything crazy but it's just how i feel. i need help.

mtbjp
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anxiety and panic attacks.

Post by mtbjp »

i was in a similar situation and it has helped me a lot taking medication and soon i will start with therapy, i think you should do the same, if you cant control it maybe you need medical and psicological help

sha1234

Post by sha1234 »

I am really sorry you're dealing with this.

I have had anxiety and panic attacks a lot the last few years (never had them before). It was partially from imbalanced hormones, partially from stress.
I went the natural route and saw a naturopathic dr. I also used rhodiola herb which I saw the most benefit from - under doctor's supervision. A bottle of like 60 pills, lasts me over a year. I used it when needed, but always carry one to two with me for days I know will be extra stressful (funerals, staff meetings, when I am training staff etc)

I try to take pills as a last resort. Sometimes listening to music helps. Calling a friend and talking to them helps too. Doing something "normal" helps.

As my health has gotten more under control, and my stress has lessened so too have the panic attacks and anxiety. Talk to your doctor and go from there. Good luck!

BDuB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BDuB »

mtbjp wrote:i was in a similar situation and it has helped me a lot taking medication and soon i will start with therapy, i think you should do the same, if you cant control it maybe you need medical and psicological help
I'm seeing a doctor today, hopefully that helps!
mtbjp wrote:i was in a similar situation and it has helped me a lot taking medication and soon i will start with therapy, i think you should do the same, if you cant control it maybe you need medical and psicological help
sha1234 wrote:I am really sorry you're dealing with this.

I have had anxiety and panic attacks a lot the last few years (never had them before). It was partially from imbalanced hormones, partially from stress.
I went the natural route and saw a naturopathic dr. I also used rhodiola herb which I saw the most benefit from - under doctor's supervision. A bottle of like 60 pills, lasts me over a year. I used it when needed, but always carry one to two with me for days I know will be extra stressful (funerals, staff meetings, when I am training staff etc)

I try to take pills as a last resort. Sometimes listening to music helps. Calling a friend and talking to them helps too. Doing something "normal" helps.

As my health has gotten more under control, and my stress has lessened so too have the panic attacks and anxiety. Talk to your doctor and go from there. Good luck!
Thats it! Doing something normal, its unfortunate they hit at random hours like 3 or 4 am. I just cant believe it's gotten this bad, i mean i always thought it was normal to have a little anxiety but now they just keep happening regularly.
Hopefully some meds will help to take the edge off. If they give me any. Thanks for all your support, it makes me feel less alone to know someone else goes through it.

SneezyB
Informer
Informer

Post by SneezyB »

I suffer with anxiety attacks and I also gag/dry heave a lot so I feel your pain! Something little that has helped me is a relaxation cd/ recording that I was given during therapy, especially the concept of 7/11 breathing. I find that the 7/11 breathing can sometimes help put off the gagging and it gives me something to focus on. I would say that this only really helps me when I have time to prepare and the anxiety comes on a bit slower and with more warning that other times.

mxyzzy
Learner
Learner

Post by mxyzzy »

Might not be super helpful but I find a long hot shower helps me calm down after an attack. Especially at night because sometimes after I have an attack I'll just lay there and think myself into another, I'll have a long shower to take my mind off things so I can get some sleep. Wouldn't recommend taking a if you feel an attack coming on though because I've passed out in situations like that hyperventilating especially with the steam. But late night anxiety is insomnias best friend.
The only thing I've really found to keep myself from having an attack is to distract myself long before it comes one, when I'm starting to get that overwhelmed feeling. I have to catch it pretty early though.

sha1234

Post by sha1234 »

Just wanted to know how the doctors appointment went

BDuB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BDuB »

sha1234 wrote:<font><font>Just wanted to know how the doctors appointment went</font></font>
They put me on Celexa, it didn't help tbh. I end up waking up in the middle of the night, during the day im un motivated. :/
I have another one coming up, i don't need to be on an antidepressant i just want to chill out at night time

redheadx
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by redheadx »

I feel your pain! I'm 15 and my anxiety and panic attacks started in early 2013. I went to the doctor's but nothing helped. I also started therapy and that also didn't help. My therapist told me that the problem may started when my father died in February 2013 and I started blaming myself for some things. But I personally don't think that it's where the problem lays. It started of at night, waking up, shaking, crying and a lot of feelings and fear. So I had to sleep with my lights on which was very problematic to sleep well. But then once in a while I had panic attacks at daytime. So I got rid of caffeine which was very hard to do. Then on New Years Eve I had a panic attack so problematic I had to go home at 3 am and take care of myself on my own while helping out my half-drunk friends that decided it would be cool to drink some champaigne. Only two friends out of 5 that were there knew I had a problem, but none of them knew what happens when you have a panic attack. Everyone was freaked out when I was shaking. Especially when some were kinda drunk. Since then it happened on a school dance, at school and on one week mountain trip to Italy with my family and a friend I had panic attacks almost every single day. I do have some medicine but it doesn't help. I know the problem lays in my head. I'm young, I want to be able to have fun and hang out with my friends without being so problematic. My therapist wanted me to have a scan of my head, brain(?) to see if it's not a serious medical issue but I'm terrified they will find something there that's not supposed to be there. I also have a problem with my friends because they don't understand how hard it is for me to live with it. I think that people think that it's my way to get the attention or to have an excuse not to hang out with them.

I'm sorry for my mistakes but English is not my mother language.

sha1234

Anxiety and panic attacks.

Post by sha1234 »

BDuB wrote:
sha1234 wrote:<font><font>Just wanted to know how the doctors appointment went</font></font>
They put me on Celexa, it didn't help tbh. I end up waking up in the middle of the night, during the day im un motivated. :/
I have another one coming up, i don't need to be on an antidepressant i just want to chill out at night time
Hoping the situation had improved?
Did they do blood work? Iron levels, hormones, thyroid?

I think you need to figure out if it's a chemical or a physical reaction that you're having. Maybe keep an eye on upsetting events during the day, as well as food intake... See if there's a pattern?

bamerra
Stalker
Stalker

Post by bamerra »

سلام عليكم اني جديده

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

I've had anxiety all my life and after college it got worse, I feel you on all counts. Especially the night attacks. For a while I would wake up in the middle of a dream where the events in the dream would drive me into a real life panic and I couldn't breath. I'd get horrible, horrible abdominal cramps and felt like someone was choking me. When that happens, I do some yoga positions in bed and that usually helps.

I had a therapist try to prescribe me anti-anxiety meds but my parents wouldn't allow it. A part of me is grateful they didn't allow it, and a part of me resents them as well. Exercise only does so much for me, and the only things that really truly make me sedate are alcohol and painkillers. Most of my anxiety is physical. I've decided to try to doing yoga as well as just disciplining myself when it comes to negative thinking. One thing I do to help calm down during a panic attack is repeat to myself things like "I'm alright" or "There's nothing wrong with me" and with a bit of effort I calm down. Saying that commands my body to loosen up and stop the annoying choking, tight feeling in my chest.

I can say that training yourself to deal with anxiety without drugs isn't easy and takes a lot of time and discipline but I feel it pays off in the end.

findingdory
Learner
Learner

Post by findingdory »

Please go to a doctor and ask him to check your thyroid! I've also been struggling with anxiety and panic attacks, turns out I have hashimoto's (thyroid autoimmune disease). Since getting the right medication for it I stopped having panic attacks and my anxiety level is really low now :tu:

Daisymartin
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Daisymartin »

To get rid of from Anxiety you should do yoga. By doing meditation you can feel better and relaxed. Adopt proper lifestyle with proper diet and good sleep up to 7-8 hour.

Return to “Mental Health”