Markiplier - part 15

kooks
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - part 15

Post by kooks »

I'm out of the loop - what's the whole Pewds vs T-series thing?

Also, I may be on the minority opinion here but not *every* Chinese factory is a "sweatshop". I think that's why from the get go they put emphasis on fair production guidelines.
That beings said, the reason most brands ( even Apple, most American brand) go to china for manufacturing IS because they have lower rates then western countries. and sometimes it's the pipeline expertise. just a point cause it bugs me ppl immediately think of Chinese factories as exploitive .yes, am aware there are and it's a big problem, just saying that the automated assumption is not fair

Chibi Mooncat
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chibi Mooncat »

Sour Lemon wrote:So Pewds defended cloak, which I have problems with because one of his main points was that the clothes weren’t made in China, but what he didn’t know is SUPRISE Cloak clothing is indeed made in China. Also an interesting point Memeology 101 pointed out is that right after he defended Cloak, Mark and Sean jointed on the whole T-Series vs Pewdiepie fasco right after he defended them. Coincidence?
A little something someone was asking about Cloak on reddit.

:cuted:

Post by Guest »

Sour Lemon wrote:So Pewds defended cloak, which I have problems with because one of his main points was that the clothes weren’t made in China, but what he didn’t know is SUPRISE Cloak clothing is indeed made in China. Also an interesting point Memeology 101 pointed out is that right after he defended Cloak, Mark and Sean jointed on the whole T-Series vs Pewdiepie fasco right after he defended them. Coincidence?
Yuck. Nice friends.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

kooks wrote:I'm out of the loop - what's the whole Pewds vs T-series thing?

Also, I may be on the minority opinion here but not *every* Chinese factory is a "sweatshop". I think that's why from the get go they put emphasis on fair production guidelines.
That beings said, the reason most brands ( even Apple, most American brand) go to china for manufacturing IS because they have lower rates then western countries. and sometimes it's the pipeline expertise. just a point cause it bugs me ppl immediately think of Chinese factories as exploitive .yes, am aware there are and it's a big problem, just saying that the automated assumption is not fair
Fair enough, but the thing is that underpaid workers is basically like the only reason why China has become the go to manufacturing country. That's the reason everyone goes there. They don't go there for the quality or anything like that. Especially since if you're an American company for example, then you have to put extra money and resources into the transportation and such. But if you're using underpaid workers, then it's still profitable overall. And I did speak to someone at Cloak over email about the China issue because I try my best to have as much information as possible and be fair, but they essentially just confirmed that everything is made in China, said they don't use exploitive manufacturing, and then refused to share any further details when I asked. So that definitely was off putting. I've spoken directly with many businesses before and one thing that you'll never see is them refusing to give details on a matter like that. They just don't, why would they? And then in the email response that was posted on here, the story changed. They say they don't know, but when I emailed they just said they wouldn't disclose those details.

So while I won't say for sure that they're using sweatshops or otherwise exploitive means, I don't know for certain, that's how it looks at the moment. It's off putting at the very least.
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

So Mark just might be really hanging it up with YouTube for real this time according to his latest community stream. It's really about time too. Time to start settling down. Plan for the future ( which is what he said on forbes). :tu:

[som3thing]
Debater
Debater

Post by [som3thing] »

eggo wrote:So Mark just might be really hanging it up with YouTube for real this time according to his latest community stream. It's really about time too. Time to start settling down. Plan for the future ( which is what he said on forbes). :tu:
by 'hanging it up' do you mean leaving and doing something else? (sorry, I am not a native english speaker and I am not sure what you meant there)
<3

Sour Lemon
Informer
Informer

Post by Sour Lemon »

Yt rewind 2018 is gonna be released this Thursday, god have mercy on my soul and please no fortnite dances :?

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

I hate to break it to ya lemon but...there's probably gonna be fortnite dances
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".

-shiro-
Learner
Learner

Post by -shiro- »

why the heck should i sub to a youtuber i find intolarable, god trying to force me into subbing makes me mad, is swearing alowed? im censoring myself but god that was annoying

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

the whole "subscribe to pewdiepie" is a meme because of the whole t series thing.

and yes, swearing is definitely allowed. if you looked at my posts only you'd probably even think it was encouraged.

I have the potty mouth... :help:

Sour Lemon
Informer
Informer

Post by Sour Lemon »

cosmix wrote:I hate to break it to ya lemon but...there's probably gonna be fortnite dances
Let me be in denial a little longer :rofl:

And yep swear alll you want, I have a sailor mouth even if I’m not exactly proud of it

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

I wish the "ice bucket LIE" challenge was longer, there are soooo many other lies he's made. :tu: And promises NOT kept.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

yeah in that video...Ethan is me

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

So thoughts on the 2018 YouTube rewind?

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Well first off, I was right lemon...there are fortnite dances. :(

Now, things I liked about it:
1. They included the animators! Although they were missing psychicpebbles, but they did have Jaiden. Hm...
2. They had more international youtubers, that's always cool.

Those were the only two things that I liked. The rest was a total pandering mess. And you can just tell with the theme and the listening to comments part and ALL of that is just youtube trying to save their own ass. And then the Will Smith bit is just like...I like Will Smith, but why is he here? Plus, am I crazy for thinking the production quality has actually gone significantly downhill this year? :o

Mark's one little clip was very sweet though, even though most of the segment it was part of was really cringe. :love2:

Sour Lemon
Informer
Informer

Post by Sour Lemon »

Gotta admit kinda surprised by the diversity in the new rewind (still don’t know any of the yters besides like 4) but that still doesn’t help the cringe, my lord, it bothers me how they go from fun to serious to fun, don’t put your message in the middle. Love all those one week lasting memes. We’re any ytrewinds ever good? But The part with Mark and the make a wish was sweet

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

There've been good ones...just not in recent years. At this point I don't want Lindsey Stirling to be in one because she doesn't deserve this. And like, as bad as last year's was, they did have a serious bit about the natural disasters and all that but it fit so much better, this one was just jarring.

Also to all the commenters that they showed asking for the fortnite dances, I hope you know that you're going to hell. You are responsible for this and shall burn for your sins and helping subject us all to that.

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

The forest dances don't surprise me, but, the LOCATION does :rofl: like really? ...just why?

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

I'm choosing to believe the location for that is a reference to the logan paul suicide forest video. Not because I actually think that was the intention, but because it'd actually be a good reference to one of the most notable youtube events in 2018...also because it's a really funny thought. :rofl:

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

I am a bit confused, but why are Youtubbers wanting us to sub to PewdiePie? I guess I missed something, I dunno. I didn't watch Mark's whole video to sub to Pewdie pie.

Return to “Markiplier”