Markiplier - part 15

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - part 15

Post by eggo »

https://66.media.tumblr.com/9fde22eb8be ... 1_1280.png

Here is also something interesting...an email from customer service rep. If it's too reveling you may remove.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by cosmix »

Honestly I just don't care about youtube rewind anymore. Not only do they not treat a lot of the people in it very well unless they're at the top, but it's not even good anymore.
Offtopic: the only thing that would get me to watch it at this point is if they had lindsey stirling in it, but I highly doubt that would happen since she's so busy. plus they didn't even invite her in 2012...even though she had the 8th most viewed video on the entire platform that year...they just showed brief few frame clips of the video and then had ijustine pretend to be her. I'm sorry, but it's just so weird because they don't actually ask her even though she's definitely the biggest musician they have, one of the most successful youtubers outside of youtube, AND she is/was the top earning woman on the entire platform. it's really strange.
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

Sour Lemon
Informer
Informer

Post by Sour Lemon »

Oh lord have mercy, why did it have to be Keemstar and Boogie? Can someone, literally anyone else talk about cloak and address their problems?

Sour Lemon
Informer
Informer

Post by Sour Lemon »

eggo wrote:WELP....keemstar and booogie2988 are making a ruckus on there brand already,on twitter & there's an article about it on dexetro.Just waiting for keems video to prove everything. :rofl:
Sour Lemon wrote:Marks in the new youtube rewind, youtube or something posted it on their story. I’m already cringing, I hate it, same people every time, same happy smiley bullshit. Ugh

Also there is a possibility that he went to see a therapist of some sort. When he was streaming with Amy, and it was like a day after he posted that video. He said that he’s talked to “armchair” therapist about his ambition and that he wasn’t happy with what they said. Because they said something among the lines “why don’t you do it?” And apparently that triggered him.
Sorry..but what video was this again? And when is the 2018 rewind coming out?
He was in a recent stream with Amy when he talked about it, you can find it on twitch. 2018 rewind seems soon bc they’re promoting it.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Offtopic: I am loving LIndsey Stirling, her music and even the Christmas stuff. Look what you made me do Cosmix! :P

I think hearing the negative things about Mark probably had something to do with me losing my crush on the guy. and not having rose color shades. I dunno, he seems he could be nice but otherwise not so much? I dunno. I hope he's definitely more nice than not but I wouldn't know. I never heard of "armchair" therapist :/

I hope I am reading this right but I know for like me therapists I had were to help me, not take away problems. Like for me my therapist wants me to become more social but hard with social anxiety but I have nothing against therapists. I don't feel they always help 100% but it's def., nice to have someone to talk to.

I think my problem is with my depression and anxiety is, I need to actually follow the advice therapists/books,etc tell me. I guess I have this whole idea in my head that if I go out to try anything new, people will be jerks. ;_; I hope not....

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Yeah, for therapy to be effective takes A LOT of work. I guess I'd amend my original statement from "the goal being to help you," to "the goal being to help you help yourself." Because ultimately, if you're struggling, nobody can save you but yourself. Other people can help you save yourself, but you still have to have the drive to not only say "I am going to get better" but to then follow through. It sucks and it's hard, but it can be very helpful. :love2:

Offtopic: hell yeah. :P also yeah, I'm loving warmer in the winter, especially with the new deluxe version (and the cover is really cute...plus the new santa baby music video has luna in it which is always adorable).
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".

kawaiinutzz
Informer
Informer

Post by kawaiinutzz »

cosmix wrote:
Sour Lemon wrote:Marks in the new youtube rewind, youtube or something posted it on their story. I’m already cringing, I hate it, same people every time, same happy smiley bullshit. Ugh

Also there is a possibility that he went to see a therapist of some sort. When he was streaming with Amy, and it was like a day after he posted that video. He said that he’s talked to “armchair” therapist about his ambition and that he wasn’t happy with what they said. Because they said something among the lines “why don’t you do it?” And apparently that triggered him.
An "armchair therapist" is someone who is unqualified. So did he go to a real therapist and is insulting them by calling them an armchair therapist, or did he really just go to someone that is not actually qualified? If it's the latter, no shit you weren't happy with the results. :roll:
As for him not being happy with what they said, first off, the goal isn't for you to be happy with what they're saying, the goal is to fucking help you. I've had many a therapist tell me things I didn't want to hear or I didn't like, but they said it to try to fucking help me because I need help! It doesn't matter if I'm offended or just don't like it!
Second, what they said isn't bad advice. IN FACT, it's the same advice you always give to people asking how to start something, whether it be a youtube channel or something else. But now that someone is saying it to you, it's a problem? And plus, if they are (or are trying to be) a therapist, it's a very standard question. It's not an insult, they want your answer so they can try to help assess the situation and help you get the results that you want! They need to know some information! And if you don't like the therapist, you find another one that's a good fit! That's how it works, hell throughout my life I've been to about 5 different therapists for various reasons, and actually only two were mental health related. And the reason that it's two is because the first one wasn't a good fit, so we agreed to find someone who fit me and my issues better. That's just how therapy works dude.

This actually genuinely peeves me. Mark, you're almost 30 and you're literally whining about somebody trying to help you, grow the fuck up, honestly.

Agreed and same about the therapist part cause I been through so many but at least I found someone.
LETS BE HONEST HERET

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

I am watching some of Mark's stream right now. Poor Christmas tree they pulled off the branches ;_; But I don't know anything about putting up a real Christmas Tree, etc. I think all the trees I had with family were fake..I think. Not sure tho.

Yeah totally agree, with therapy you have to help yourself. :)

Mark recently went to a therapist and didn't like the advice? Dang. Heh I know my therapist wants me to get out more and work on my social anxiety..

Some therapists will help you and some not, there's a therapist for everyone. I even had a few therapists that seem to be really nice people, but far as helping me? Eh. I too also have one therapist I like right now too :D

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

Ok I don't know if it's me, or was Tyler looking really down during the stream? I know his mother is going through a lot, but he just wasn't with it yesterday. Like they were making him eating things that didn't agree with him or that would make him puke while he just took he meds, like..that's NOT fair. If he says no..NO means NO! why force something on you if you don't like it!
AquarianHorse wrote:I am watching some of Mark's stream right now. Poor Christmas tree they pulled off the branches ;_; But I don't know anything about putting up a real Christmas Tree, etc. I think all the trees I had with family were fake..I think. Not sure tho.

Mark recently went to a therapist and didn't like the advice? Dang. Heh I know my therapist wants me to get out more and work on my social anxiety..

Some therapists will help you and some not, there's a therapist for everyone. I even had a few therapists that seem to be really nice people, but far as helping me? Eh. I too also have one therapist I like right now too :D
They fricking demolished that poor tree :x Like..why bother having one if your just going to ruin it?!

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

and is it me..or is mark becoming more and more homophobic? Ethan went and asked a simple (if yet joking question) on stream when he's dressed as the grinch, if mark or Tyler would kiss him, given the chance, and they both said no. Now...I don't know about you but there charity stream they did last year on equality certainly showed that they supported everyone. so why all the negativity all of a sudden?!

Sorry if I'm sounding off, but that just threw me big time!

Sour Lemon
Informer
Informer

Post by Sour Lemon »

AquarianHorse wrote:I am watching some of Mark's stream right now. Poor Christmas tree they pulled off the branches ;_; But I don't know anything about putting up a real Christmas Tree, etc. I think all the trees I had with family were fake..I think. Not sure tho.

This had to be one of the most boring charity streams they’ve ever done, this was the first one I’ve ever watched. Are they always that boring?
And yeah, I feel for Tyler, he was crying by the end of the stream and I wanted to hug him. Having a parent going through an illness that you can’t help them with is really fucking terrible and I hope his momma makes it.

edenberry
Lurker
Lurker

Post by edenberry »

I think Mark both hates relying on YouTube for his money/importance and is also scared to leave because he is nothing outside of YouTube. He honestly has no pull outside of it. He didn't dedicate himself to his acting, singing, guitar, engineering....nothing. He can't commit and YouTube is all he has going for him.

He needs to man up and start acting like an adult. Take responsibility for your feelings, your actions, and your decisions.

I don't feel sorry for him at all, nor will I ever. I wash my hands of his pettiness.

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

does mark have a foot phobia? when he put the marshmellow on with the stockings, think I heard somewhere he hates it when stuff gets in between his toes and has to where socks all the time.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

@eggo-yeah really. -_- Poor tree. D: I can't remember who hates what far as phobias go. It seems Tyler really hates clowns. Understandable. I don't know if I am scared of them exactly myself, just seems like the whole world hates them. Ugh foot fetishes, my friend has that -_- I don't have a problem myself with seeing tons of holes.

I am loving the segment with the dogs for sure! :D They're all so adorable! :)

Aw poor Tyler :( Yeah I think when there is something really stressful going on it's hard to put on a smile and act like everything's fine. :/

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

yeah, with whatever funk Mark is in, I have sympathy for the dude, but I don't pity him. as harsh as it sounds, he needs to learn to grow up, start acting like an adult, and get his shit together, honestly. to be honest, I swear there are a lot of youtubers who really need to grow up, and I wouldn't doubt that it's connected.

Post by Guest »

I feel like for a lot of reasons, Mark has stopped maturing and that's been putting me off enough to unsub from him. I think one reason is his fanbase, dude has to stop relying on a bunch of little kids and actually evolve as an entertainer/comedian or whatever he wants to be. I believe he is too scared to do that right now, Youtube has been his safe place for years.
Another thing I believe is his relationships. Out of all his friends I think Tyler is the most mature/grown-up one and Bob has already grown out of the youtuber phase. Amy also seems to be stuck in a teenager phase and I don't know whether his love for her is keeping him like that too- it does feel good to be accepted- or if they're just draggind each other down. But they're both too old to keep doing this stuff.
I honestly can't wait to see him grow and evolve and his future content as well. He either needs to get off of youtube, do entertainment seriously or something completely different, like a college degree, or just drastically change up his content and cater to a new audience like pewdiepie did. It's honestly pretty cringy seeing a man in his thirties behaving like he's back in his twenties.
I strongly believe this is the case because of emotional immaturity, as in he feels safe not growing up, feeling strong by pretending he's protecting his fans yadda yadda. But it's time to move on and I think he's having a hard time with that

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

Wow! Thay really gave it to him during his tub punishment. Ethan and Tyler even asked him on topics that the fans DIDN'T know, and he answered them and still lied about his promises. Yeah..I'm convinced. Once a bad youtuber...always a bad youtuber. Just how much lying did he do to Amy I wonder? Hmmm :busted:

Sunshinerain102
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunshinerain102 »

On the therapist thing: First, not every therapist works with every person. If this one didn’t work find a new one. Second, if the therapist asked you why you aren’t doing something, it’s because they genuinely want to figure out why you aren’t doing something. Mark probably said he had ambitions to do something other than YouTube and the therapist asked him why he didn’t and he got offended. Third, he always promotes mental health and stuff, but seems pretty reluctant to go to a therapist himself and actually follow through with it... I feel like I am just watching Mark spiral more and more downwards and become more and more inauthentic.

Sour Lemon
Informer
Informer

Post by Sour Lemon »

So Pewds defended cloak, which I have problems with because one of his main points was that the clothes weren’t made in China, but what he didn’t know is SUPRISE Cloak clothing is indeed made in China. Also an interesting point Memeology 101 pointed out is that right after he defended Cloak, Mark and Sean jointed on the whole T-Series vs Pewdiepie fasco right after he defended them. Coincidence?

kawaiinutzz
Informer
Informer

Post by kawaiinutzz »

Sour Lemon wrote:So Pewds defended cloak, which I have problems with because one of his main points was that the clothes weren’t made in China, but what he didn’t know is SUPRISE Cloak clothing is indeed made in China. Also an interesting point Memeology 101 pointed out is that right after he defended Cloak, Mark and Sean jointed on the whole T-Series vs Pewdiepie fasco right after he defended them. Coincidence?

Also they’re probably being made my little Chinese child or Chinese people being payed WAY lower than minimum wage and working their asses off to feed their families. But ya know they’ll probably never bring that up smh.
LETS BE HONEST HERET

Return to “Markiplier”