iisuperwomanii - Part 2

pandry
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: iisuperwomanii - Part 2

Post by pandry »

I was really surprised to see that break video. Good for her.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Well Good. The world doesn't need her. One less irrelevant youtuber :tu:
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

astronomia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by astronomia »

desert_rose wrote:The vlog where she addresses hate comments gives me such a Teala vibe where she pretends she doesnt care but actually does. I hate it when youtubers try to defend themselves or act all smart and self righteous by trying to take apart their "hater" by commenting on their lack of grammer/spelling instead of addressing what they're being criticized for. Agreed some comments like "you suck" or irrelevant comments are immature but most of the comments they read out loud were more of critique comments rather than straight up hate.
I don't watch Lilly anymore but I do watch Angelika Oles. Angelika made a series about big time YouTubers who are becoming irrelevant. She used Lilly for a thumbnail in one of them but talked about other creators too. Lilly immediately saw her face being associated with irrelevance and her ego couldn't handle it. So she responded veeeery immaturely in a vlog.

Seeing this, Angelika pointed out that Lilly just jumped to conclusions without actually watching her video (which she did). Instead, Lilly's massive ego just got hurt because she KNOWS that she is becoming irrelevant and people are growing tired of her.

She said she was "bigger than YouTube now" yet feels the need to defend herself by saying woooow she's got 1000s of videos so she's still got 1000s of hours of watchtime? She says she's doing so much beyond YouTube now, yet feels the need to get worked up over a video where she was only given constructive criticism?

I thought I was just bored of Lilly's content and that's why I stopped watching. But her ego has become completely overinflated, and this is why I unsubscribed. You're not that special. You're not that famous. Sit the fuck down and be humble.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

If the shoe fits ;) ;)

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

This whole "I'll see you soon" dramatic exit from YouTube wasn't because she needed a break, she took a "break" to persuade & procure celebs/big youtubers for her 12 days of Christmas collabs that she said she'll be doing starting 14th Dec. Lol! :roll:

drunkatvogue
Informer
Informer

Post by drunkatvogue »

YouslessTube wrote:This whole "I'll see you soon" dramatic exit from YouTube wasn't because she needed a break, she took a "break" to persuade & procure celebs/big youtubers for her 12 days of Christmas collabs that she said she'll be doing starting 14th Dec. Lol! :roll:
If that's how she's played it, it's a guaranteed way to boost interest and viewership and that's low even for her - to make headlines by flouncing off while coordinating shoots on the sly in the lead-up to the set return date. Worse, it'd mean she's pretending she's taking a break for her mental health while STILL on that hustle, not practicing a word that she preaches. It's textbook addictive behaviour. What a great influence on the kids.

She doesn't need to prove anything, this is all on her.

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

rumour is she's currently in india for priyanka and nick's wedding

desert_rose
Learner
Learner

Post by desert_rose »

mg95 wrote:rumour is she's currently in india for priyanka and nick's wedding
Ugh..if it's true we'll never hear the end of it, especially now that "she's coming back"..

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

she didnt deserve to be part of the youtube rewind
but then again it failed completely this year :rofl:

Guuuuurl
Informer
Informer

Post by Guuuuurl »

YouslessTube, you nailed it. She took that break to film. Which is fine! Makes sense! But just be honest about it. Just like drunkatvogue said, it's so shady of her to put this video out as if it's about mental health and learning how to properly balance work and life, then take that whole time do exactly the opposite of what she was preaching. She's having her cake and eating it, too.

But hey – I guess we'll just have to wait and see if her "break" actually helped her make content that isn't a "comedy" skit scattered with tired clichés and stereotypes.

drunkatvogue
Informer
Informer

Post by drunkatvogue »

So she's just another fake. Well, she put on a good show of pretending she wasn't.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

So after that pretty good video with James she uploads a whole commercial for her merch...sigh.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

liarliar_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by liarliar_ »

Pewdiepie called her out in one of his videos cause she was suggesting there was a lack of representation of women on forbes’ list of highest paid youtubers or whatever it was and he was basically saying it isn’t a gender thing cause Adsense doesn’t work like that and called her out on claiming to take a mental break only to come back with this hustle merch shortly after

And I mean, Liza hasn’t posted much this year at all which explains why she’s not on the list, Lily’s fallen in views and popularity and Jenna Marbles has as well. I can’t think of any other popular female youtubers.

I kind of feel bad for her because she probably thought she’d be a better established actress at this point. Liza is the most similar (in terms of looks/brand) to her and she’s received a lot more opportunities outside of YouTube, is younger and is more liked in general. It must be eating her up inside. Lily has done well for herself but her ego really brought her down in the end imo. People would criticize her but she wouldn’t listen. In her early videos I think she was genuinely funny and didn’t try too hard. When she got big she really started pandering which is fine but it makes getting serious acting jobs a lot more difficult. This whole girl love thing also felt really forced and fake to me. It seemed like she just wanted to cash in on what was “trendy.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

liarliar_ wrote:Pewdiepie called her out in one of his videos cause she was suggesting there was a lack of representation of women on forbes’ list of highest paid youtubers or whatever it was and he was basically saying it isn’t a gender thing cause Adsense doesn’t work like that and called her out on claiming to take a mental break only to come back with this hustle merch shortly after

And I mean, Liza hasn’t posted much this year at all which explains why she’s not on the list, Lily’s fallen in views and popularity and Jenna Marbles has as well. I can’t think of any other popular female youtubers.

I kind of feel bad for her because she probably thought she’d be a better established actress at this point. Liza is the most similar (in terms of looks/brand) to her and she’s received a lot more opportunities outside of YouTube, is younger and is more liked in general. It must be eating her up inside. Lily has done well for herself but her ego really brought her down in the end imo. People would criticize her but she wouldn’t listen. In her early videos I think she was genuinely funny and didn’t try too hard. When she got big she really started pandering which is fine but it makes getting serious acting jobs a lot more difficult. This whole girl love thing also felt really forced and fake to me. It seemed like she just wanted to cash in on what was “trendy.”

She is killing her career being so SJW, I believe in everything she does but I don't beat it into everyone around me heads. She needs to move on from skits because no one wants to watch them anymore it is not 2015 Viners changed Youtube. I honestly think that is partly why Liza took a break since her videos are skits as well and why she is now scared to post her videos she has filmed already
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

drunkatvogue
Informer
Informer

Post by drunkatvogue »

liarliar_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by liarliar_ »

She is trying so hard to come off as this positive, nice person but it comes across so fake

There are people even calling her out in the replies with people saying pewdiepie was right about the fact that gender doesn’t play a role with Adsense and that she didn’t have to announce she was messaging him

She’ll spin this whole thing into a kill them with kindness message instead of listening to the criticism and reflecting on herself.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

liarliar_ wrote:She is trying so hard to come off as this positive, nice person but it comes across so fake

There are people even calling her out in the replies with people saying pewdiepie was right about the fact that gender doesn’t play a role with Adsense and that she didn’t have to announce she was messaging him

She’ll spin this whole thing into a kill them with kindness message instead of listening to the criticism and reflecting on herself.

I love how she promotes ''GIRL LOVE'' but calls out men for being in the Forber's list. :tu: Is love only restricted to girls for her? sooo much positivity.... :rofl:

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Feel bad for her. Everyone is assuming her intentions were about herself but when I originally saw her tweet way before the backlash I just assumed she was making a general statement.

Everyone is just using this as ammo especially those commentary channels that already didn’t like her.

I don’t even watch her vids and never really have, but I don’t see how she was that wrong? It’s not YouTube or Forbes fault, but like she said it is a reflection of society. Why does that piss people off so much? Lol. People do not like being disturbed from the status quo so I actually applaud her for constantly poking at it.

People who shout “SJW!!!” at anyone who tries to make discussion about social issue are people who are too comfortable and do not like to think about anything imo. These people would rather talk about which YouTuber is dating who.

drunkatvogue
Informer
Informer

Post by drunkatvogue »

I disagree, a vague jab at "society" is not to blame for the quantity and quality of her content output that led to her omission on the Forbes list. She just hasn't been cutting it this year and she is the sole person accountable for that. The ebb and flow of that list shows that it's performance-based, that's it, and women in particular have killed it in years past while not so well in others. It is not a targeted exclusionary thing. Lilly acknowledged she slipped this year - add that to her ageing out of the fanbase that drives clicks and revenue, and it's only a matter of time. The Forbes list is a direct consequence of that. Nothing to do with her having a pussy. She has to grow the fuck up at some point and get this.

She still can't take a grain of criticism after all these years either and her way of deflecting it is to post a thread of Pinterest-y philosophical girl love shit and deliver this very public "please DM me, see, i'm being reasonable, you're being unreasonable and proving all my points by not engaging me right now" performance.

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0408 »

i dont wanna be mean but can she stop singing her voice is so bad

Return to “Lilly Singh”