jennym21
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DARK MIRANDA SINGS THEORY

Post by jennym21 »

[video][/video]
So the same channel that came out with the Shane Dawson theory video just uploaded this... I definitely don't think it's true, but I think it raises a good question. I personally feel like it's true that it's really wrong of her to make fun of child molesting and the whole creepy uncle thing is just in bad taste... in my opinion...

Jennyconcranberry
Stalker
Stalker

Re: DARK MIRANDA SINGS THEORY

Post by Jennyconcranberry »

Wow that is crazy

-Natstea-
Lurker
Lurker

Post by -Natstea- »

It's certainly making me look at Miranda sings at another way, maybe she's just messing around with us as (in my opinion) if she was actually molested as a child she probably would've put it in a more serious light, it would also be pretty big and I don't think that she would joke about it because I honestly think that she's a nice person and because of her young audience she wouldn't hint at that. But as you said, if she's actually joking about it's messed up .-.

Amanda876
Learner
Learner

Post by Amanda876 »

I know this is an old thread but this video makes a lot of sense. I don't think its a split personality because Colleen created this character and her family but she does often say the stories are from her own life. The thinly veiled references to molestation and miranda's reduced age all point to a dark theme behind the humor. I don't know if Colleen herself was molested as a kid and is dealing with it through humor or its just supposed to seem like something bad happened but its actually just really close familial relations bordering on the inappropriate but not yet over the threshhold. I have watched haters back off and it seems like its leaning towards the latter but I can't help but wonder. The dark humor is definitely not for children but the show hides it well enough that it may go over a kids head.

Ruby_Mo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Ruby_Mo »

I want to watch this video but how pls?

sevenangels666
Stalker
Stalker

Post by sevenangels666 »

Shane's mentioned she's dark and shady/likes gossip and knowing every detail of everyone's lives. Maybe she is into dark humor, maybe it is a character created from her own experience in a weird way, or it's a hint of that experience of nobody in particular and you're supposed to think it's creepy/weird AND funny, or it has nothing to do with this. We won't know until she says, or is exposed by her family and friends she's told which I doubt they will ever confirm any of that. Only a spy/pos would out someone about this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purple_dot
Learner
Learner

Post by Purple_dot »

I think it's a nod to drag culture, where lots of queens will cope by joking about these things. Miranda is in the realm of drag queens and I'm assuming she picked up on those jokes there. While drag is more family friendly nowadays, it can definitely be dark and raunchy and inappropriate. There's been lots of suggestion that the daddy saddle/her uncle/etc are really gross but it typically flies over children's heads and just horrifies adults who laugh it off because it's so terrible. It's like shock comedy. Not really funny, just awful so you awkwardly laugh it off.

Sent from my brain via lasers

Return to “Colleen Ballinger”