Fleur de Botched Botox: Hello Riv (Ad) - Part 23

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fleur de Botched Botox: Hello Riv (Ad) - Part 23

Post by Emmy25 »

I haven't watched the Xmas gift guide but I think she's just hoping to gloss over the fact that most of her contemporaries are discussing reusing/ wearing stuff and generally buying fewer products. There are few YouTubers as materialistic as Fleur. When she plugged the gift guide on Insta I was going to suggest she set herself a challenge of no shopping (aside from food and essentials) for a month. I find it a bit grotesque that her multi millionaire family are sitting around at Christmas waiting to open presents bought from Space NK that they'll chuck in a drawer and might or might not remember to use and they're just the little stocking fillers. God forbid Fleur would go a Christmas without being given a £2000 handbag or shoes

cranky_kong
Learner
Learner

Post by cranky_kong »

I was disappointed in the beauty gift guide, I skipped most of it. There was nothing that special included and it just felt like a 'new in beauty' video. Sponsered by Elemis, includes her own lashes and Jo Malone, classic Fleur. Yawn.

Roxyblonde451
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Roxyblonde451 »

cranky_kong wrote:I was disappointed in the beauty gift guide, I skipped most of it. There was nothing that special included and it just felt like a 'new in beauty' video. Sponsered by Elemis, includes her own lashes and Jo Malone, classic Fleur. Yawn.
I quite literally fell asleep trying to watch her Elemis (AD) last night in bed, and I had a full coffee. Everything is a boring ass add. 25 min commercial. Just stop!

Post by Guest »

Roxyblonde451 wrote:
cranky_kong wrote:I was disappointed in the beauty gift guide, I skipped most of it. There was nothing that special included and it just felt like a 'new in beauty' video. Sponsered by Elemis, includes her own lashes and Jo Malone, classic Fleur. Yawn.
I quite literally fell asleep trying to watch her Elemis (AD) last night in bed, and I had a full coffee. Everything is a boring ass add. 25 min commercial. Just stop!
Well, at least you know you can rely on her beauty/ AD videos to send you to sleep if need be, lol

Dee_mc
Talker
Talker

Post by Dee_mc »

Quite a few comments under her latest ad/video were from people complaining about her describing as 'stocking fillers' items that they'd consider a full gift :rofl:
Bless her but she hasn't a clue how the average person lives, so what hope has she of not ending up with her cankle in her mouth from time to time!

Pleiadian Starseed
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pleiadian Starseed »

Got as far as her advertising her own lash set and had to stop. I haven't really thought about it much before but it just proves what a narcissist she is by actually calling the lashes by her name followed by fabulous or whatever! She could have used her initials instead or made up a name. I would be embarrassed to use my name like that and then promote them on a SPONSORED Christmas gift guide! When I think of Marlena from Make Up Geek, she didn't use her actual name and that's far more appealing to me. However, you have to be narcissistic to begin with to even have a beauty channel so I suppose it's no surprise. The more I think about it I just imagine sitting in front of a camera filming myself assuming people will want to look and listen to me. Lady Fleur needs so much attention it's unreal. The fact it's yet another AD just makes me feel icky. Did you notice hose she mentioned that she had 'just so many' of the Elemis candles,she is just a show-off. Her video's are so boring

I just had a quick look at the comments under the video and someone mentioned that her voice has dramatically changed from 2013 so I had a quick look and they are right she sounds completely different!

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

Lifeat50 wrote:
I just had a quick look at the comments under the video and someone mentioned that her voice has dramatically changed from 2013 so I had a quick look and they are right she sounds completely different!
Maybe she's taken up smoking, since she's so insecure about her body and probably felt the pressure to lose weight.

Pleiadian Starseed
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

litnerd wrote:
Lifeat50 wrote:
Maybe she's taken up smoking, since she's so insecure about her body and probably felt the pressure to lose weight.
Funny you should say that, it did cross my mind. It would explain why seems to have aged alot in the last 3 /4 yrs. Her voice does sound like a smokers,it's so different compared to before. This is the video I was watching

Post by Guest »

I used to work with the Elemis brand and personally think it's overrated (and overpriced) but that's just my opinion. I quite liked the apricot toner and papaya enzyme mask but that was only because they both smell lovely lol. Anyway, I remember when Fleur was reviewing the cleansing balm when it was first launched a while back and I'm quite sure she said she wasn't that keen on it and it had stung her eyes a little but her mum loves it :D At least she's honest with that sort of thing, I guess.

OT but I noticed one of hers and Mike's Sainsbury's cooking videos on the sidebar and couldn't help clicking on it ;) I'd forgotten how relaxing those were and I did actually cook one or two things. It was four years ago but she looked so pretty and radiant; still smug and a bit full of herself of course but nothing compared to now. It also reminded me of a time where Fleur could do no wrong here on GG and heaven forbid you should say anything against her- how times have changed lol

Roxyblonde451
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Roxyblonde451 »

Dee_mc wrote:Quite a few comments under her latest ad/video were from people complaining about her describing as 'stocking fillers' items that they'd consider a full gift :rofl:
Bless her but she hasn't a clue how the average person lives, so what hope has she of not ending up with her cankle in her mouth from time to time!
Tulips wrote:I used to work with the Elemis brand and personally think it's overrated (and overpriced) but that's just my opinion. I quite liked the apricot toner and papaya enzyme mask but that was only because they both smell lovely lol. Anyway, I remember when Fleur was reviewing the cleansing balm when it was first launched a while back and I'm quite sure she said she wasn't that keen on it and it had stung her eyes a little but her mum loves it :D At least she's honest with that sort of thing, I guess.

OT but I noticed one of hers and Mike's Sainsbury's cooking videos on the sidebar and couldn't help clicking on it ;) I'd forgotten how relaxing those were and I did actually cook one or two things. It was four years ago but she looked so pretty and radiant; still smug and a bit full of herself of course but nothing compared to now. It also reminded me of a time where Fleur could do no wrong here on GG and heaven forbid you should say anything against her- how times have changed lol
That's another thing, she called that cleansing balm something to put in her moms stocking!? That's a full stop gift in most peoples world.
I just got that balm (travel mini) on amazon for like 15 bucks, wanted to try it on my own prior to this video oddly. While it's nice, I would NEVER spend the dough on a full size. Not when it was a stopgap for my camomile cleansing balm from the body shop. It feels WARM on the face a bit which I didn't mind until I got used to the strangeness of it.

You know it's an ad for sure, because just a couple months prior during her Clinique (AD) she was singing the praises of her new holy grail love... the Clinique cleansing balm.
Just remember, it's only a Fleur Favorite when someones cutting her a check for it. :FU: :tu:

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

She's going to be working overdrive deleting comments about botox when she puts her Clinique anti wrinkle product/ trip to Spain up. I noticed there were no comments about her forehead on the last video. I guess you can block certain words from appearing in the comments?

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tadahhhhh »

So she’s gonna have to block any reference to her shit botox, her wealth, her witchiness... lol I could on! I definitely think she got too much botox. Her dr should’ve advised her to go easy. It’s so obvious. I never thought her forehead was that wrinkled anyway? She’d be better off cutting her hair and applying less eyeliner.

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

Emmy25 wrote:She's going to be working overdrive deleting comments about botox when she puts her Clinique anti wrinkle product/ trip to Spain up. I noticed there were no comments about her forehead on the last video. I guess you can block certain words from appearing in the comments?
Yes you can filter them by a key word to be "Held for review" then never approve them. You can get around it by misspelling or B O T O X etc. Unless she is holding all her comments for review. Either way she sees them.

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

Why is she so boring? New in, Favourites, Haul etc etc rinse repeat. I'm not even tempted to click anymore :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pleiadian Starseed
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

So many things I could say, only watched a few mins. But clicked off after seeing her in those black shoes. Nevermind you need a pedicure. Lady F should NEVER EVER expose her toes, she should NEVER EVER reveal her feet. She has the ugliest, crooked toes/feet I have ever seen in my life! They really gross me out, if I was in a restaurant etc and I saw her walk in, her feet would put me off my food! Surely there is surgery that could help, she has the money.

Dee_mc
Talker
Talker

Post by Dee_mc »

Wow that £600 cashmere sweater the brand gave her does absolutely nothing for her! N Peal uses real fur too - fox, rabbit and raccoon. The cashmere scarves are stunning in fairness.
The life of a YouTuber though - attend a Jo Malone event where you're given loads of free shit as a thank you for shilling the brand on YouTube and Instagram; receive a gift of an expensive cashmere scarf from Jo Malone as a welcome gift to your free hotel room; wear that scarf in an Instagram post to show off to your adoring fans; get contacted by the cashmere brand, offering you your choice of free stuff from their brand, as a thank you for wearing the item you got for free in the first place.
And there she is, considering whether to keep or send back a nasty acrylic scarf from River Island.

langwidere
Learner
Learner

Post by langwidere »

Dee_mc wrote:Wow that £600 cashmere sweater the brand gave her does absolutely nothing for her! N Peal uses real fur too - fox, rabbit and raccoon. The cashmere scarves are stunning in fairness.
The life of a YouTuber though - attend a Jo Malone event where you're given loads of free shit as a thank you for shilling the brand on YouTube and Instagram; receive a gift of an expensive cashmere scarf from Jo Malone as a welcome gift to your free hotel room; wear that scarf in an Instagram post to show off to your adoring fans; get contacted by the cashmere brand, offering you your choice of free stuff from their brand, as a thank you for wearing the item you got for free in the first place.
And there she is, considering whether to keep or send back a nasty acrylic scarf from River Island.
Ugh yes this latest haul is full of her trying to pretend like she has to be frugal when she could probably afford tacky pink Burberry rip offs to use as tea towels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lime »

Helmi wrote:I was so annoyed by the way she defended Topshop in her latest "New in November" video. She was basically saying that she will continue to promote Topshop and shop there receive free items from them because boycotting the company would hurt innocent people. Considering that she has studied economics, I am shocked at her ignorance. In the end, a decline in sales will hurt the owners of the company, such as Philip Green. However, if all these idiot influencers keep promoting the brand like nothing happened, nothing will change. Basically, Fleur is saying that she is condoning the man’s actions simply because the company is paying her to promote them.
Didn't she study geography at LSE? Not an excuse to have such a senseless opinion on Topshop and its work ethics of course.
English is not my native language, excuse the mistakes.

Post by Guest »

^ It's been mentioned on here before that she studied Human Geography- I think I remember covering something to do with economics and societies when studying the subject at GCSE, so Fleur should know a lot more about it at degree level lol

dew2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dew2 »

Lime wrote:
Helmi wrote:I was so annoyed by the way she defended Topshop in her latest "New in November" video. She was basically saying that she will continue to promote Topshop and shop there receive free items from them because boycotting the company would hurt innocent people. Considering that she has studied economics, I am shocked at her ignorance. In the end, a decline in sales will hurt the owners of the company, such as Philip Green. However, if all these idiot influencers keep promoting the brand like nothing happened, nothing will change. Basically, Fleur is saying that she is condoning the man’s actions simply because the company is paying her to promote them.
Didn't she study geography at LSE? Not an excuse to have such a senseless opinion on Topshop and its work ethics of course.
Fast fashion is actually a highly relevant topic for someone who's studied human geography (which heavily involves an understanding of economics), but I doubt Fleur has given a second thought to anything she learned in uni since she sat for her last exam and turned in her last paper. She's so greedy and shallow.

Return to “FleurDeForce”