Asian MUAs feedsback

simi100

Re: Asian MUAs feedsback

Post by simi100 »

It looks like Shaneeq is doing a “masterclass” for £300! With goody bags. This smells like a disaster for everyone but her...

How pats for this??

Rantqueen121
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Rantqueen121 »

I literally cannot believe these MUAs are charging extortionate prices for make-up that is only going to last litt a few hours. It’s actually a joke, complete joke how is paying almost £700 acceptable? Im sorry if i was to ever pay that much i expect that mua to be at my function to touch up my makeup for the whole time. I could buy a designer bag with that much and that would last me longer than some of these muas caked up mess.

I really hate how especially beautybyaisha is always complaining and whining on her sc 24/7. Love your pnly busy when its wedding season and how she has to wake up early or is stuck in traffic (babe try taking the central line everyday). Your only busy during weddinf season and that too you complain about after weddinf season is over all these muas show off their luxurious hols. That to from the money theyve conned these poor brides. I personally dont think beautybyaisha is that amazing her looks end up being the same like how tanjis are. Also why has her hijab gone all the way back so you can see her hair is this now a trend? Why is everyone doing it? You either have it on or don’t lol am i right?

Also tanji is another one who obv photoshops the crap out of her pics and esp her brides she does. I can tell you from experienxe she did my friends bridal makeup and when i tell you it was defo not glowy the way she showed it on her IG wow. No glow the foundation was caked where i touched the face it left finger print. How are ppl raving her with the one look she always does so boring.

I would rather and prefer to go to a professional at mac or something and book myself a makeup sesh with them for half the price these muas are charging and will look myself.

MasalaQueen
Learner
Learner

Post by MasalaQueen »

I would never ever go to a counter to get makeup done! Have you guys even seen how disgusting and awful their sanitation practices are? I would never want breakouts or a cold sore on my honeymoon.

Also the counter workers are plainly sales people. Only a handful have amazing makeup on themselves and out of that handful, only a few can do amazing makeup on other people as well as themselves. I learnt the hard way when I had makeup done for my brothers wedding and then again for a cousins wedding.

I had booked with MAC, came out practically in tears only to rush to a Estee Lauder Counter and have them re do. And then for cousins wedding I went to a salon where they had a btec bushra do basic crap.

I honestly agree that it is a shit load of money however, I would rather pay that, then come to a counter on my wedding day, or have a cheap artist.

I was told they charge a lot because of constant shoots. Apparently its makeup artists and hairstylists who pay for the majority of the shoots. Clothing brands tend to loan or sponser so they don’t really spend/lose money. Photographers have a million muas begging to work with them so they usually end up pay for advertisment etc.

simi100

Post by simi100 »

MasalaQueen wrote:I would never ever go to a counter to get makeup done! Have you guys even seen how disgusting and awful their sanitation practices are? I would never want breakouts or a cold sore on my honeymoon.

Also the counter workers are plainly sales people. Only a handful have amazing makeup on themselves and out of that handful, only a few can do amazing makeup on other people as well as themselves. I learnt the hard way when I had makeup done for my brothers wedding and then again for a cousins wedding.

I had booked with MAC, came out practically in tears only to rush to a Estee Lauder Counter and have them re do. And then for cousins wedding I went to a salon where they had a btec bushra do basic crap.

I honestly agree that it is a shit load of money however, I would rather pay that, then come to a counter on my wedding day, or have a cheap artist.

I was told they charge a lot because of constant shoots. Apparently its makeup artists and hairstylists who pay for the majority of the shoots. Clothing brands tend to loan or sponser so they don’t really spend/lose money. Photographers have a million muas begging to work with them so they usually end up pay for advertisment etc.
I wouldn’t use an asian MUA from
Insta - there doesn’t seem to be any level of service. It’s 1 sided and the hours don’t suit.

I would take a chance with an unknown mua who isn’t hungry for money or attention. Instagram bots or whatever they do to make their accounts shoot up with followers overnight - has made them what they are - nasty.

Has anyone used ambreenmakeup artist or Libbs rafiq

- they were around before these new lot - are they any better ?

MasalaQueen
Learner
Learner

Post by MasalaQueen »

Lubna Rafiq charges just as much if not more as these ig muas.

I’m sure ambreen does as well. I’m not a fan of her eye makeup style but her skin base always looks flawless. I loved her underwater shoot. One of a kind campaign!!

simi100

Post by simi100 »

MasalaQueen wrote:Lubna Rafiq charges just as much if not more as these ig muas.

I’m sure ambreen does as well. I’m not a fan of her eye makeup style but her skin base always looks flawless. I loved her underwater shoot. One of a kind campaign!!
I just wondered if they were nicer to deal with as they were known before insta, so they couldn’t buy likes etc like these new ones..

Rantqueen121
Learner
Learner

Post by Rantqueen121 »

MasalaQueen agreed you are right i never thought of the hygiene aspect of that.

Lubna and Ambreen 100% will charge alot of money i can guarantee and tbh are not all that.

I would get my makeup by a MUA whos full time job isnt being a full time MUA atleast we would know those that have a actual job and do MUA as a side job wont be hungry for money.

Can anyone however suggest any good MUAs for party makeup?

Post by Guest »

Don't know about Ambreen but Lubna rushes her makeup. She has to, as she does 5 or 6 brides a day - clearly just trying to make as much as she can. how can a 45min, 1 hr job be worth £900+?!! Awful. I have heard of brides having makeup done 9/10am when their event is 7/8pm just to get that makeup artist. would rather not sit for 10hours as a bride for no reason!

so many of them refuse party makeup too now. only want to do bridals where the big money is. I do get this in part, because party makeup is like bridal now anyway...

simi100

Post by simi100 »

So Lubna rafiq charged £900?

Are any of these MUAs declaring their earnings to the hmrc?

I don’t see the value in paying that much to sit still for 10 hours before having to sit through the entire wedding. Torture.

Ambareen and lubna seem to work with the main names in the wedding/fashion industry so you would think they would have some professionalism.

If they are doing 6 per day, all over london - what’s the likelihood they will turn up on time? How tired will they be from the last 5 appointments?

Who is their stand in?

For that amount I would want a lot of questions answered.

Shaneeq is charging £300 for a masterclass, this is robbery! Who the hell thinks they can learn in 1 afternoon???

simi100

Post by simi100 »

Looks like it was a bloggers masterclass, doubt the likes of Ezza and Mimi paid £300 to attend! What’s the point of a masterclAss for bloggers who don’t pay???

MasalaQueen
Learner
Learner

Post by MasalaQueen »

I disagree. Someone who does it as a side job, might just be doing it as a hobby and clearly aren’t earning enough as an mua which is why they have another job?

I get that muas are so high priced and they better be declaring their income however, I thought the point of this thread was to try and weed out who was a shitty artist and photoshopping their work. And to find out how much each of them were charging without sending 20 emails to find out and having to bloody provide all info :roll:

simi100

Post by simi100 »

MasalaQueen wrote:I disagree. Someone who does it as a side job, might just be doing it as a hobby and clearly aren’t earning enough as an mua which is why they have another job?

I get that muas are so high priced and they better be declaring their income however, I thought the point of this thread was to try and weed out who was a shitty artist and photoshopping their work. And to find out how much each of them were charging without sending 20 emails to find out and having to bloody provide all info :roll:
It’s a general thread about the MUAs - anything goes. But yes price info would be useful but doesn’t it depend on location and what’s being done?

MasalaQueen
Learner
Learner

Post by MasalaQueen »

Does anyone know how much the following charge for makeup &/or Hair?

MakeupbyMus
MakeupbyMadeeha
HairByZara

Shamalah Hairstylist

Shamila Nazir
Fowzia Towfiq
Roobia Din

Sadaf Wasan(?)

I’ve just found out that mohima has double booked bridal times and the timing overlapt so either i would have to get ready an hour late and be late for wedding or I will have to book elsewhere.

She also said she would refund my deposit as a gesture of goodwill (even though shes the one who messed up with organisation!!!)

Really pissed off but thankfully I have til next july to find another mua and I was having doubts with how my skin looked during the trial with her.

vavavoom2018
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by vavavoom2018 »

Anyone booked or had dealings with RupinderMundra?

AVFC
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by AVFC »

Remember beautybyaisha had 'No male followers please' or something along those lines in her bio. She hardly used to post pictures of her self. Now that's been deleted from her bio, the head scarf has been moved back so her hair is visible and she posts pics of herself outside the same café as every single of these insta girls

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by shinydiscoballs »

^ lol, as if most guys would even be interested in following a MUA insta page

simi100

Post by simi100 »

Shaneeq bridal poster a clip of her makeup on faryal / she looked like a ghost. Im guessing it was an uppsid one for exposure but the look was very witch like. Nothing to showcase at all.

Take a look

Teaspillers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Teaspillers »

That’s the filter.

They all use filters.

simi100

Post by simi100 »

Teaspillers wrote:That’s the filter.

They all use filters.
Look at Shaneeq stories - the flour look

Safira
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Safira »

simi100 wrote:
Teaspillers wrote:That’s the filter.

They all use filters.
Look at Shaneeq stories - the flour look
Why is Shaneeq mua so big and fat? Does she have kids, it's that why her body looks like that ? She wears to much makeup, like relax where are you going. She never films her body I think she is insecure and have low self esteem, I was shocked when I saw her body. She only cares about makeup and appearance , she needs to quit the makeup and hit the gym!

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”