Unjaded Jade

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unjaded Jade

Post by kellyba34 »

Interested to hear your thoughts on her. She's a British 18 y/o studytuber on a gap year.

IMO while there are way worse people on youtube, she's been really bugging me with all the pretentious Europe stuff and now the 18-pound Tshirt line that says "motivated" on the front.

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Unjaded Jade

Post by aaa123 »

glad someone made a thread for her! I used to enjoy her content quite a bit, but the whole “traveling changed me so much” thing is annoying me as well. I think it bothers me so much because it kind of seems like she doesn’t realize how privileged she is to be traveling. she doesn’t seem like a bad person or anything, but you can tell she didn’t grow up knowing anyone from a working class background.

and that “merch” is ridiculous honestly.

paperdoll12
Learner
Learner

Post by paperdoll12 »

I really like her studying/general healthy lifestyle type of content and I think she seems like the nicest and most 'normal' of all the studytube girls in her cohort, so to speak. The 'travel changed me' stuff is annoying, so I just don't watch any of her travel videos and certainly isn't unique to her, practically every 18 year old who goes travelling comes back spouting the same stuff. Good for her that she enjoyed her travels, but the videos about it just don't interest me.

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

my friend went travelling (we're 23/24) and she just hasn't shut up about it and how much it changed her. It's SO annoying!!!!!!

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I find her nice too & enjoy some of her videos. And there's probably no drama to discuss lol. Just tired of the travel pretentiousness.

Rubylee87
Debater
Debater

Post by Rubylee87 »

I like Jade and I don’t mind the travel vlogs. They’re quite interesting.

I am side eyeing her a bit for this ‘merch’ though. £18 for a flimsy t shirt with one thing written on the front (£21 with postage?) I know she says she’s not doing it to make money but honestly, anyone could buy a cheap £4 cotton t-shirt from Primark to revise in and it’d be just the same. It’s a bit disappointing as it comes across as grabby.

703ninjaginger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 703ninjaginger »

im suprised she went travelling alone, i only watched the recent vlog where she was in Annency but she seemed quite miserable for a lot of it, and certainly very anxious about her attire and appearance in respect to been targeted i got the vibe she was quite confident

chocolatecheesecakes
Talker
Talker

Post by chocolatecheesecakes »

The only thing that seems to be going for the t-shirt is the fact that it's ethically made - which is good and all, but with such a plain design? Come on, Jade. You can do so much better than that. I was genuinely excited when she said she was bringing out merch, but I don't have the money to spend on an 18 quid plain t shirt with some writing on it. Also, copying Holly Gabrielle much? It seems like too much of a coincidence that they've had almost the same idea with almost the same execution a few weeks apart.

Her travelling vlogs are bugging me. She acts like she's so much better than everyone else for having a gap year when she's one of a small minority who can actually afford one. All my friends who took years out are working then travelling, or working all year to save for uni.

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

chocolatecheesecakes wrote:The only thing that seems to be going for the t-shirt is the fact that it's ethically made - which is good and all, but with such a plain design? Come on, Jade. You can do so much better than that. I was genuinely excited when she said she was bringing out merch, but I don't have the money to spend on an 18 quid plain t shirt with some writing on it. Also, copying Holly Gabrielle much? It seems like too much of a coincidence that they've had almost the same idea with almost the same execution a few weeks apart.

Her travelling vlogs are bugging me. She acts like she's so much better than everyone else for having a gap year when she's one of a small minority who can actually afford one. All my friends who took years out are working then travelling, or working all year to save for uni.
The way she phrases this at the start of every video really annoys me. "So guysss, at 18, I went alone to europe" ... Yeah, from England. It's really not a big deal.

katy-spacey
Learner
Learner

Post by katy-spacey »

What do you think who is the boy she said she kissed on trip 8-)

britishbeaver
Debater
Debater

Post by britishbeaver »

I've already posted this when she came up on another thread, but as she now has a thread of her own...

I live in one of the cities she visited. She hasn't put the video up yet, but from what she posted on Instagram, she didn't get out into the local food places, cafes etc at all the whole time she was there. Which is so frustrating given she was making such a big thing at the time about not going to the touristy places- she ONLY went to the touristy places. There are so many amazing vegan places here, but she stuck to the purpose built tourist cafe and a chain hotel. She also made a big thing on her Instagram about 'learning' the language, but EVERY SINGLE TIME she talks about the city, she butchers the pronunciation. Based on what I've seen of her in my city, I don't think she properly got out and experienced the places she visited as much as she'd like us to believe she did.

britishbeaver
Debater
Debater

Post by britishbeaver »

I've already posted this when she came up on another thread, but as she now has a thread of her own...

I live in one of the cities she visited. She hasn't put the video up yet, but from what she posted on Instagram, she didn't get out into the local food places, cafes etc at all the whole time she was there. Which is so frustrating given she was making such a big thing at the time about not going to the touristy places- she ONLY went to the touristy places. There are so many amazing vegan places here, but she stuck to the purpose built tourist cafe and a chain hotel. She also made a big thing on her Instagram about 'learning' the language, but EVERY SINGLE TIME she talks about the city, she butchers the pronunciation. Based on what I've seen of her in my city, I don't think she properly got out and experienced the places she visited as much as she'd like us to believe she did.

katy-spacey
Learner
Learner

Post by katy-spacey »

Have anyone watched her latest live with Ruby? Her big life update is that she moved to London in some kind of student accommodation, she said she is basically having uny experience without lectures. Jade also said that she wanted independence. Ikd that just seems kinda shady and hypocritical to me. No hate tho.

Post by Guest »

Rubylee87 wrote:
I am side eyeing her a bit for this ‘merch’ though. £18 for a flimsy t shirt with one thing written on the front (£21 with postage?) I know she says she’s not doing it to make money but honestly, anyone could buy a cheap £4 cotton t-shirt from Primark to revise in and it’d be just the same. It’s a bit disappointing as it comes across as grabby.
I think she actually wanna make money from it, specially now that she's just moved to London to live on her own

chocolatecheesecakes
Talker
Talker

isalennon wrote:
Rubylee87 wrote:
I think she actually wanna make money from it, specially now that she's just moved to London to live on her own
She's barely living on her own if she's moved into student accommodation - you have to pay, sure, but all of your expenses are included in the overall bill (eg. heating, internet, water, electricity). Uni accommodation is supposed to be a step between living completely independently and living with your parents, and I think it would be more interesting/provide her with more life experience if she chose to rent her own flat. Moving into student accommodation just sounds like she's regretting taking a gap year and wants to experience the life of a student right now.

Post by Guest »

chocolatecheesecakes wrote:
isalennon wrote:
Rubylee87 wrote:
She's barely living on her own if she's moved into student accommodation - you have to pay, sure, but all of your expenses are included in the overall bill (eg. heating, internet, water, electricity). Uni accommodation is supposed to be a step between living completely independently and living with your parents, and I think it would be more interesting/provide her with more life experience if she chose to rent her own flat. Moving into student accommodation just sounds like she's regretting taking a gap year and wants to experience the life of a student right now.
As far as I understood (didn't have patience to watch the whole livestream) she's gonna be there for only six weeks and then travel to Australia

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

I acknowledge that we don't know what's going on in her family, but it's pretty stupid to move out if you have the perfect life & all expenses paid by parents.

nooteloo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by nooteloo »

Honestly I agree that Jade can be a bit annoying but she has definitely been very inspirational when it comes to productivity with teens. Just too preach, especially with the travel and vegan things (though I appreciate that she tries not to be)

chocolatecheesecakes
Talker
Talker

kellyba34 wrote:I acknowledge that we don't know what's going on in her family, but it's pretty stupid to move out if you have the perfect life & all expenses paid by parents.
In London Zone 1 too, without any student loan.

britishbeaver
Debater
Debater

Post by britishbeaver »

Just watched her Slovenia vlog. The church she calls the 'main cathedral' is not the main cathedral, neither is the building she calls the town hall, and she keeps calling another landmark by the wrong name. She then talks about how much she loves getting to know a place and its culture. But apart from that...

Return to “N-Z”