ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Post by Extrasoda »

Today I listened to the last 2 podcasts while walking. SO ANNOYING.
Rachel : "I have migraines, migraines, diets, migraine, anxiety, i'm anxious, my therapist, anxiety, mental issues, i'm bisexual, sex, bi"
Chris: "Games, games, games, i have anxiety, therapist, anxiety, appointments, anxiety"
I give up on that shit. Rachel is a complete poser and Chris is a hen-pecked loser. i knew that before, but now it's just unbearable.

jazzy5433
Stalker
Stalker

Post by jazzy5433 »

following!

fairydust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fairydust »

Is there anything they DO like jfc? I feel like they are so damn negative about everything and I’m SO tired of Rachel saying she can’t afford healthcare. Maybe get a job? Maybe get married and get on Chris’ insurance? Idk but stop fucking whining about it. She’s in a much better place than so many others and it’s just grating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:love2: I did not come to play with you hoes. I came to slay. :love2:

Temporal
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Temporal »

It always bothers me when she says she's too busy for X. No you aren't.

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

Extrasoda wrote:I loved "college Rachel" even though she acted like a complete asshole sometimes, but it was entertaining. Her last year on YT was pretty boring. I've never listened to her podcast and i don't follow her on instagram. Once I've looked at her Insta and that was a final turn off for me. She is so fake, so obsessed with her mental health issues and bisexuality that it makes me doubt whether it's THAT serious. Because so many bloggers got into the trend of having mental health issues. I'm okay with that, I've gone through one too but it's not something I'm proud of and want to shout it from the rooftops. We don't talk that much about flu and fighting with it, do we?
Rachel has nothing to be proud of, she is so empty and dumb that her mental health and sexuality are the only subjects she loves to talk about.
P.S. does anyone have her old vids saved?
I completely agree with this. She used to be so exciting and interesting! Honestly that was when she was at her most successful, too: brand deals, meet-ups with followers, Vidcon, etc. There was so much life to her, you know what I mean? With her job at Starbucks and her time in college, she really thrived (esp personality wise) from her challenging environments. It was interesting to hear her rants or the things she liked. She was relatable and was like that older sister you always wanted, but never had.

She has said she hates when people tell her that they miss her "youtube" persona/days because those videos took place during a stressful/traumatic time of her life -- but she needs to move past her anxiety with all of that. And I say this coming from a place of empathy -- I mean, I have anxiety. Like bad, panic-ridden anxiety. And I have my triggers. But I also know that I can't just stop certain aspects of my life because my anxiety wants to paralyze me. She needs to look at things through a renewed perspective so that she can move forward. She needs to realize that if she wants to retain her following, she needs to be relevant. I mean, it's pretty clear that her podcast is dying. There's nothing new for Chris and Rachel to talk about because their lives are moving at a glacial pace. On her social media, she has nowhere near the same engagement she had only just a few years ago.

I don't know why she deleted all of her videos either. That was kind of dumb.

nursegirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nursegirl123 »

I seriously miss her rant videos so much. I was hoping I could find them somewhere on the internet but I cannot. I miss the burt bees chapstick one and the sephora point punishments video. So damn hilarious. I wish I could watch them again for a good laugh. ugh.

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Extrasoda »

nursegirl123 wrote:I seriously miss her rant videos so much. I was hoping I could find them somewhere on the internet but I cannot. I miss the burt bees chapstick one and the sephora point punishments video. So damn hilarious. I wish I could watch them again for a good laugh. ugh.
I finally found some of them on waybackmachine website. It takes time and not all of her vids are saved there, you need to figure out how links work because sometimes you click on a video and the website says that there is no content saved by this link.
I can help you via private messages or try to share the vids somewhere.

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

Extrasoda wrote:
nursegirl123 wrote:I seriously miss her rant videos so much. I was hoping I could find them somewhere on the internet but I cannot. I miss the burt bees chapstick one and the sephora point punishments video. So damn hilarious. I wish I could watch them again for a good laugh. ugh.
I finally found some of them on waybackmachine website. It takes time and not all of her vids are saved there, you need to figure out how links work because sometimes you click on a video and the website says that there is no content saved by this link.
I can help you via private messages or try to share the vids somewhere.

I just went on the Waybackmachine site and found snapshots of her tumblr from 2012. It's a little bittersweet because I remember following her 'blog' at that time and looking through her stuff when I was in high school. She really used to be funny and entertaining.

for reference: (hopefully it works) https://web.archive.org/web/20120222133 ... com/page/2

I couldn't find videos though. I'll update if I do.

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

Update: I still haven't found working links to any videos.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120711063 ... sia/videos shows the thumbnails, but when you click on them, they don't lead to any saved videos of hers.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

If anyone has any videos saved PM me!

Just wanted to weigh in and say that I am not defending Rachel and agree with a lot here. However I did want to clarify the medical thing. So I recall (and believe I have posted this months ago) that she is on Chris's health plan and recall her tweeting about how happy she was that Amazon recognized her as his domestic partner (I just tried looking for the tweet and no luck). If not, then she has Washington state health care.

When she talks about her parents and medical things, I think she is referring to the fact that as she and Chris are not married, if something were to happen to her (i.e. be in a serious accident and be on life support, etc.) her parents would be able to call the shots. I am pretty sure that is what this refers to.

shifty_armchair
Talker
Talker

Post by shifty_armchair »

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 8.48.18 AM.png
She should stop doing these watercolor wednesdays. This looks really bad and only further proves that she's selling what she copies off of skillshare
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Extrasoda »

Guys, I don't know where to share vids (i'm Russian so I don't really know what websites for sharing are available for other countries).

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

Extrasoda wrote:Guys, I don't know where to share vids (i'm Russian so I don't really know what websites for sharing are available for other countries).
You could upload them to Youtube! That might be easiest.

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

shifty_armchair wrote:
Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 8.48.18 AM.png
She should stop doing these watercolor wednesdays. This looks really bad and only further proves that she's selling what she copies off of skillshare
Oh my god, this looks TERRIBLE :rofl:

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Extrasoda »

I finally managed how to share these vids :)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9da76jb2sem5 ... 5BHoa?dl=0

i also have some of her tutorials but honestly they are so irrelevant nowadays)

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

Thank you, Extrasoda! One of the videos reminded me how annoying the Twats were. I still wonder what happened with that. I know there was speculation that Rachel had an affair with one of the Twat's girlfriends, so there was fallout with it, but it was never addressed I don't think.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

Did they get dropped from Head Gum podcasts? Don’t see them on their website. Also I was listening to an old episode and they freaked out about being the top 20 comedy podcast. I checked yesterday and they’re not even in the top 200. Though admittedly podcasts are much more popular now, but they have really slipped.

gh0st bird
Learner
Learner

Post by gh0st bird »

24601 wrote:Did they get dropped from Head Gum podcasts? Don’t see them on their website. Also I was listening to an old episode and they freaked out about being the top 20 comedy podcast. I checked yesterday and they’re not even in the top 200. Though admittedly podcasts are much more popular now, but they have really slipped.

They explained it in some episode, I forget which one, but they left mostly because HeadGum takes a portion of their profits and they said they were able to get ads without them so they no longer needed them.

gh0st bird
Learner
Learner

Post by gh0st bird »

Okay, so I had to make an account just to talk about her art. Does anyone else find it almost embarrassing how novice her Watercolor Wednesday's are? Like the designs are SO simple and usually the execution is just okay. She also doesn't have a huge command over the medium of watercolors. She'd be better at practicing techniques and not these kitschy illustrations. It just goes to show how easily to replicate the designs she sells are. Not to mention the wallpaper subscription is a sham. Fifteen dollars for twelve backgrounds that are usually 99 cents? Even if they are ~exclusive~ she should just make it like ten dollars and you can choose one design every month from a whole roster of designs. All that being said, I think she is really talented with the polymer clay! Her minis are incredible. I wish she put more time into those, she could make really intricate tchotchkes or figurines. Anyways, just had to let that out lol

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

gh0st bird wrote:Okay, so I had to make an account just to talk about her art. Does anyone else find it almost embarrassing how novice her Watercolor Wednesday's are? Like the designs are SO simple and usually the execution is just okay. She also doesn't have a huge command over the medium of watercolors. She'd be better at practicing techniques and not these kitschy illustrations. It just goes to show how easily to replicate the designs she sells are. Not to mention the wallpaper subscription is a sham. Fifteen dollars for twelve backgrounds that are usually 99 cents? Even if they are ~exclusive~ she should just make it like ten dollars and you can choose one design every month from a whole roster of designs. All that being said, I think she is really talented with the polymer clay! Her minis are incredible. I wish she put more time into those, she could make really intricate tchotchkes or figurines. Anyways, just had to let that out lol

I came here to post this same thing. How are you going to charge people MORE for a subscription service than your normal price? That literally defeats the purpose of a subscription service.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”