Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Luke Conard

Post by checkmatey »

wow he actually cursed. he said bitch

Post by Guest »

Someone donated all her $50 birthday money... :? Sigh.. he's really begging hard. I appreciate his face time with his subbies and interacting with them... but the younger people are just throwing their allowance money at this dude.

anonim0use
Talker
Talker

Post by anonim0use »

I'm actually really enjoying his live stream. He seems a lot more likeable than in his other videos. I popped in about an hour ago, but holy crap, I can't believe he's been on here for 4 hours

bunnysalad
Learner
Learner

Post by bunnysalad »

anonim0use wrote:I'm actually really enjoying his live stream. He seems a lot more likeable than in his other videos. I popped in about an hour ago, but holy crap, I can't believe he's been on here for 4 hours
This is what he was like a few years ago and I missed it! I have had it as background noise since the start and it is making me fall in love with him all over again!
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

checkmatey
Debater
Debater

Post by checkmatey »

bunnysalad wrote:
anonim0use wrote:I'm actually really enjoying his live stream. He seems a lot more likeable than in his other videos. I popped in about an hour ago, but holy crap, I can't believe he's been on here for 4 hours
This is what he was like a few years ago and I missed it! I have had it as background noise since the start and it is making me fall in love with him all over again!
I wish youtubers would learn that the more personable they are, the more likable they become.

anonim0use
Talker
Talker

Post by anonim0use »

checkmatey wrote:
bunnysalad wrote:
I wish youtubers would learn that the more personable they are, the more likable they become.
Yea I definitely agree. I used to really like Carly Cristman when she took the time to do blogtv and stuff

lolwut
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lolwut »

His voice isn't very good to begin with, even in his pre-recorded cover videos, so hearing him live acoustically on his live chat is making me cringe. He's just not good, I don't know what else to say haha. Literally every song that he's been playing he stops and makes an excuse that the original singer sings too high or low. Even with his own songs he has to restart 5 times because he hits the wrong notes. Yikes.

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

I sense a lot of sadness in him in this live feed. You can tell he still really loves her and is hurt over it. I think he may be feeling lost at the moment.

But yeah, like some of you have said, he is a lot more likable in this. I've always liked him in his live streams more than his vlogs.

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

lolwut wrote:His voice isn't very good to begin with, even in his pre-recorded cover videos, so hearing him live acoustically on his live chat is making me cringe. He's just not good, I don't know what else to say haha. Literally every song that he's been playing he stops and makes an excuse that t
he original singer sings too high or low. Even with his own songs he has to restart 5 times because he hits the wrong notes. Yikes.
I had to leave while he attempted to sing Justin Timberlake. Not a good choice at all.
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

Dunches
Informer
Informer

Post by Dunches »

When I came on the livestream he was talking about some girl making out with him. And then I left

anonim0use
Talker
Talker

Post by anonim0use »

ferriswheel wrote:
lolwut wrote:His voice isn't very good to begin with, even in his pre-recorded cover videos, so hearing him live acoustically on his live chat is making me cringe. He's just not good, I don't know what else to say haha. Literally every song that he's been playing he stops and makes an excuse that t
he original singer sings too high or low. Even with his own songs he has to restart 5 times because he hits the wrong notes. Yikes.
I had to leave while he attempted to sing Justin Timberlake. Not a good choice at all.
Yea that one was not good, but honestly, I was actually surprised his voice wasn't AS terrible as I thought it was in some of the other songs his sung

rlalonde77
Learner
Learner

Post by rlalonde77 »

Kleineganz wrote:He makes "bank?" All of his channels combined don't come close to what Ingrid earns. If you take a split down the middle from the Social Blade estimates, he brings in about $145,000/year gross. After taxes (remember he's considered self-employed and California has one of the highest state income tax rates in the nation), that ends up being about $85,000/year. Now I know that may still sound like a lot, but he's living in an expensive part of California, splitting the rent on a pretty ritzy house with 4 other guys (two of which don't earn nearly as much as the rest). He also has a car and gas prices in California are also one of the highest in the nation.

To me it's a wonder if he can even have much left over to save for retirement (which I hope he's doing).

I'm sorry but in my mind that's not making "bank."
I don't think someone makes him live in an expensive house or in that part of California, really.

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

"I've built my music audince up to expect perfection"-Luke Conard
I really don't know who he expects to pay 3,000 to go to Disney with him. Most people don't have that kind of money just laying around.
Last edited by ferriswheel on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

ludz
Talker
Talker

Post by ludz »

I haven't heard about this fundraising thing for his album until he vlogged about it, but I can't help but wonder what the eff he needs 20,000 dollars for!? Like does he not self record and produce all his music. I haven't looked at the website or know anything about it really so if he's explained where all the money is going forgive me, but really, 20 thousand dollars.. And he asking his fans for the money to boot!

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

ludz wrote:I haven't heard about this fundraising thing for his album until he vlogged about it, but I can't help but wonder what the eff he needs 20,000 dollars for!? Like does he not self record and produce all his music. I haven't looked at the website or know anything about it really so if he's explained where all the money is going forgive me, but really, 20 thousand dollars.. And he asking his fans for the money to boot!
Alex Goot's fundraising for his album was also for $20,000 and he took in over $34,000. He used it for a professional recording space, professional equipment, doing higher end production for music videos he did for the album, and to pay for an extended tour that allowed him to include tour dates in Europe.

I'm assuming Luke will be using it for something similar ... seeing as Alex is now his room mate and they are friends. He probably got the idea from Alex's KickStarter.

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

bunnysalad wrote:.
He is saying that they are better as friends and they mutually came to that, non dramatic, and they are going to see each other sometime this week.
I always got the feeling that they weren't even sleeping together and were more like brother and sister, but then again what do I know lol.

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

I see he said that their relationship was good for a year, and MAYBE even a year and a half. So in other words it wasn't good for like half a year.
He says how mutual and friendly the break up was, no drama no nothing, then he goes on to say how this girl emily who he was IN LOVE WITH broke his hurt and he was so hurt and blabla. He never mentioned not even a tiny bit that he's hurting over his break up with Ingrid, it's like he only saw her as a friend.

theroyaldutchness
Learner
Learner

Post by theroyaldutchness »

Kleineganz wrote:
Angie V wrote:
kaysagossiper wrote:It makes me extremely uncomfortable when youtubers receive money, or things that cost money from their 10-15 year old fans. These kids are spending their allowance on people to make bank to talk in front of a camera for a few hours. I can't even stand the P.O. box letters. If I were in their position I would say that the viewers can send LETTERS and LETTERS only. not bioderma or money or random ass shit that most likely gets thrown away anyways.

I think this was very low of Luke. taking advantage of a bunch of kids if you ask me.
I agree. I also just think if he wants the money, then fricking save up for it and earn it yourself. I understand that other people on kickstarter could do that too, but damn he makes bank and the rewards sound really overvalued and not worth it.
He makes "bank?" All of his channels combined don't come close to what Ingrid earns. If you take a split down the middle from the Social Blade estimates, he brings in about $145,000/year gross. After taxes (remember he's considered self-employed and California has one of the highest state income tax rates in the nation), that ends up being about $85,000/year. Now I know that may still sound like a lot, but he's living in an expensive part of California, splitting the rent on a pretty ritzy house with 4 other guys (two of which don't earn nearly as much as the rest). He also has a car and gas prices in California are also one of the highest in the nation.

To me it's a wonder if he can even have much left over to save for retirement (which I hope he's doing).

I'm sorry but in my mind that's not making "bank."
Not the point. He is still A LOT richer than the people he's asking for money. It would be like you asking your 8-year old niece for money to buy a new TV. It's not about how much rent he pays or the fact that he chose to live in Cali were everything is more expensive, it's about asking people who are not as well off as you are, not even nearly, for money.

Return to “Luke Conard”