Holly Gabrielle

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
paperdoll12
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Holly Gabrielle

Post by paperdoll12 »

She came up on Ruby's thread, so I figured we should make a separate thread for her...

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Holly Gabrielle

Post by emilyk »

I really don't like her. Not sure why. Just do not like her

703ninjaginger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 703ninjaginger »

she irritated me when i use to watch her videos, i found her very preachy.

Post by Guest »

Oh following this thread.
I've been subscribed to Holly for almost a year now and if at first I really liked her, her discipline and her energy (she really motivated me to eat well and do more exercise), I found myself disliking her more and more... Her videos are repetitive and way too long (please, she needs to edit more... in how many videos did she said the same damn thing about her ''craaaazy'' hair!). Her unedited extremely upbeat quirky and talkative personnality just gets on your nerves after awhile. It feels like she is constantly screaming at you.
Also, this might be a super unpopular opinion, but I still think that she doesn't eat enough for the amount of exercise she can do in a day.

britishbeaver
Debater
Debater

Post by britishbeaver »

When I first discovered Holly, I used to find her seriously irritating. She's grown on me now though, and I really like her, I think I 'get' her personality now and I just didn't before. Her sister on the other hand drives me insane. She is so misinformed on acne and various other aspects of her health it's a little worrying given she makes videos 'educating' her viewers. And I can't help but feel she's trying to muscle in on Holly's audience.

Hydrangea
Informer
Informer

Post by Hydrangea »

What annoyed me was the ethical clothing line, it was literally a white shirt with yellow writing on it, yet they were posting about how people went crazy over it

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

i hate the ponytails because her hair looks quite fine

YellowLadybird
Informer
Informer

Post by YellowLadybird »

Following!

703ninjaginger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 703ninjaginger »

im suprised from other oxbridge youtubers i watch how little social time she has and how she never seems to be in the kitchen with anyone else or know her flatmates, i thought people on your corridor/staircase was a big thing in oxbridge colleges especially with family system
I thought she seemed to eat very little too, considering her past ED

paperdoll12
Learner
Learner

Post by paperdoll12 »

I've always kind of gotten the impression that there's at least a part of her that isn't fully recovered from her ED - she can seem obsessive about food at times, to me, and often her meals can look large but seem as though they contain a relatively small number of calories. She's obviously a hard working and successful student, but I think there's still some underlying issues there.

Post by Guest »

britishbeaver wrote:When I first discovered Holly, I used to find her seriously irritating. She's grown on me now though, and I really like her, I think I 'get' her personality now and I just didn't before.
I swear I genuinely tried to get her, but I just can't, she makes me cringe so hard and I always end up quiting watching her videos halfway through :rofl:
Hydrangea wrote:What annoyed me was the ethical clothing line, it was literally a white shirt with yellow writing on it, yet they were posting about how people went crazy over it
YES!! Such a boring shirt, and the embroidery is weird, I don't know, doesn't look good at all. The way they were talking about it, I was expecting more.

BettyJ
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BettyJ »

I like her videos, but what really concerns me is her diet. She eats hardly any protein! i didnt know she had eating disorder, if so, she maybe could continue going to therapy or something, because she visibly restricts herself.

britishbeaver
Debater
Debater

Post by britishbeaver »

BettyJ wrote:I like her videos, but what really concerns me is her diet. She eats hardly any protein! i didnt know she had eating disorder, if so, she maybe could continue going to therapy or something, because she visibly restricts herself.
Are you vegan? The protein thing is honestly just a myth. There is protein in everything- fruit and veg as well as nuts, soy, beans and pulses etc. She eats large enough portions of those that in theory she is getting enough protein.

One of the main reasons I didn't like her until recently was in her early videos, before she opened up about her eating disorder, she was eating a lot less and physically looked as though she had issues with food, but was still promoting her diet. To be fair to her, I think she's got a lot better in the last year. But I agree, I'm not convinced she's getting enough calories given how physically active she is.

Post by Guest »

Ugh, I remember a video from her where she said that humans are herbivores and since then, I couldn't real stand her :roll:
She just seems like the kind of vegan to me that is a little crazy about her eating behaviour.

Nike
Learner
Learner

Post by Nike »

She is crazy? At least she does not support the climate changer, world hunger and murder.
And by the way, humans are herbivores. Watch What the Health (free on Youtube) and get yourself educated

Hydrangea
Informer
Informer

Post by Hydrangea »

Nike wrote:She is crazy? At least she does not support the climate changer, world hunger and murder.
And by the way, humans are herbivores. Watch What the Health (free on Youtube) and get yourself educated
It's a gossip thread, we can say whatever we think about her :roll:

Nike
Learner
Learner

Post by Nike »

Well but saying the vegan diet is crazy does not only affect her, and the fact that this is a gossip thread does not justify writing nonsense

703ninjaginger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 703ninjaginger »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on these threads i dont dispute that but if you want to only say positive things maybe you should head over to the rave about a guru section and start your own thread

Nike
Learner
Learner

Post by Nike »

If you cant handle my arguments yours are probably wrong. I have nothing against critism, but you obviously have no good arguments

Thinandfit
Learner
Learner

Post by Thinandfit »

I am kind of neutral on her- but I do think it is weird she never seems to be with friends or even talk to anyone in her staircase. If you look at videos by PaigeY who does the exact same subject but is the year below you'll see she is best friends with her staircase and seems to have a much healthier outlook on the work/life balance.

Return to “A-M”