Luke Conard

badbob001
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Luke Conard

Post by badbob001 »

Kleineganz wrote:Well I just donated $75 toward his album - the perk is to get to direct him in a 15 second clip I can use on my YouTube channel (if it gets me a lift in views, it'll be totally worth it!).

Anyway considering the nature of my channel I thought the best thing he could do for those 15 seconds is to film my vlog intro for me, but can't decide which direction I want to go ... Luke being Luke, and just doing my normal intro straight the way I'd do it ("Hi YouTube! Welcome to my Random Thoughts on Thursdays! This week I'll be talking about ... "), or should I have him dress up in that ridiculous wig of his, and pretend to be "me" doing the intro (with him doing that awful "girl" voice he does). Which do you think would get more views?
Assuming you want to show this intro for all your future videos, the Luke in a wig gag will get old very very fast. Maybe think of a little intro chorus for your channel and he can produce it. If you insist on a video showing Luke's face, you can have him film an intro video for your channel, which seems common with the new youtube layout. "Hi, I'm Luke Conard and I approve this channel. But not Gangar here. He's a hater. Oh, he'll still watch, subscribe, and like, but out of spite." ;)

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

badbob001 wrote:Assuming you want to show this intro for all your future videos, the Luke in a wig gag will get old very very fast. Maybe think of a little intro chorus for your channel and he can produce it. If you insist on a video showing Luke's face, you can have him film an intro video for your channel, which seems common with the new youtube layout. "Hi, I'm Luke Conard and I approve this channel. But not Gangar here. He's a hater. Oh, he'll still watch, subscribe, and like, but out of spite." ;)
But Klein only donated $75, a musical intro is $ 350..

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Pixiepink wrote:
badbob001 wrote:Assuming you want to show this intro for all your future videos, the Luke in a wig gag will get old very very fast. Maybe think of a little intro chorus for your channel and he can produce it. If you insist on a video showing Luke's face, you can have him film an intro video for your channel, which seems common with the new youtube layout. "Hi, I'm Luke Conard and I approve this channel. But not Gangar here. He's a hater. Oh, he'll still watch, subscribe, and like, but out of spite." ;)
But Klein only donated $75, a musical intro is $ 350..
Yep exactly ... I can't get the musical intro with the donation I made, and I'm not about to donate that much. I like Luke's music, but not that that much. ;) I also wasn't planning on adding the intro on every single vlog either - just one. My intros always say specifically what that vlog will be about so I'd have him include that as well.

I'm still torn between scripting it with him wearing the wig, or without. Arrgh!

bunnysalad
Learner
Learner

Post by bunnysalad »

I think the wig would be cool! I don't know I was looking at it and trying to figure out what I would have him do for me but I'm a mommy vlogger and that can get awkward...lol

WAIT! Have him do his little spinning chair thing, he hasn't done it for awhile and it is classic Luke.
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

If Luke and Ingrid are remaining good friends why are all the people they know splitting time between them like they are their recently divorced parents?

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

^ they probably aren't "good friends" like they say, they're just trying to keep the YT peace.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Even if you sincerely want to be friends with your ex, it takes a lot more than six weeks to get there.

kaysagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kaysagossiper »

It makes me extremely uncomfortable when youtubers receive money, or things that cost money from their 10-15 year old fans. These kids are spending their allowance on people to make bank to talk in front of a camera for a few hours. I can't even stand the P.O. box letters. If I were in their position I would say that the viewers can send LETTERS and LETTERS only. not bioderma or money or random ass shit that most likely gets thrown away anyways.

I think this was very low of Luke. taking advantage of a bunch of kids if you ask me.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

kaysagossiper wrote:It makes me extremely uncomfortable when youtubers receive money, or things that cost money from their 10-15 year old fans. These kids are spending their allowance on people to make bank to talk in front of a camera for a few hours. I can't even stand the P.O. box letters. If I were in their position I would say that the viewers can send LETTERS and LETTERS only. not bioderma or money or random ass shit that most likely gets thrown away anyways.

I think this was very low of Luke. taking advantage of a bunch of kids if you ask me.

Or making their parents pay for it. Probably laying guilt trips on their parents to make them donate.

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

JDBgirl wrote:
kaysagossiper wrote:It makes me extremely uncomfortable when youtubers receive money, or things that cost money from their 10-15 year old fans. These kids are spending their allowance on people to make bank to talk in front of a camera for a few hours. I can't even stand the P.O. box letters. If I were in their position I would say that the viewers can send LETTERS and LETTERS only. not bioderma or money or random ass shit that most likely gets thrown away anyways.

Or making their parents pay for it. Probably laying guilt trips on their parents to make them donate.
That would've never flown in my family, my mom would've just let me be mad at her. I only ever sent letters to my teen idols nothing else or at least I'd write them I'm not sure how many I actually sent :).
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

I think you over estimate the amount of younger fans he has. Many of his core fans are older than 10-15, and have been following him for quite a few years. Yes he gained a lot of younger fans from his exposure to Ingrid's audience, but with the breakup happening I can see a lot of those girls sticking with Ingrid and un-subbing Luke. His core fans will stay with him and I honestly feel like his core fans are slightly older (20s and even a few in their 30s and older, like myself).

Post by Guest »

Personally I find his campaign irritating. Part of it is the laughable way it is set up...the reward system seems a bit overvalued to say the least. Furthermore, a lot of my frustration with Luke has to do with the fact that it seems he is under the impression that he is talented enough as a singer to record/perform as a central profession. His covers are well made most of the time (although, sometimes even production can't help his voice), but live...The live videos make me cringe.

I do, however, think he has a lot of talent as a producer/editor of music, and I really hope that he focuses on that in the years to come (...especially as he comes up on his late thirties...) That aspect of his music has always been more impressive to me, and I think he could realistically turn that into a "serious" career.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Someone needs to have a joint intervention for Luke and Sawyer Hartman and explain to them they belong behind the scenes.

discrepancies
Informer
Informer

Post by discrepancies »

To be honest I just think Luke should stop trying to be a musician, or at least stop trying to sing. He cannot sing. He sounds dreadful. I agree with some of the people above saying he should only be on the production side of music. It just seems like he's living like he's a lot younger than he is. He acts really freaking immature a lot of the time and it just kind of comes across as creepy.
Can you photoshop your life with better decisions, Jerry?

ohnoshebetterdont
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnoshebetterdont »

I don't know who has brought the idea to his head that he can sing. I mean, with autotune he can sing. But everyone sounds good with autotune. I heard his live singing in videos and it sounds like a bag full of cats that's being smashed against a wall.
#BYEFELICIA

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

I am sure he doesn't feel guilty or terrible at all for expecting it.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I agree. I also just think if he wants the money, then fricking save up for it and earn it yourself. I understand that other people on kickstarter could do that too, but damn he makes bank and the rewards sound really overvalued and not worth it.
imma ball til the day i fall

sharethepleasure
Talker
Talker

Post by sharethepleasure »

I haven't watched Luke's vlog channel for a while, but all the comments about him being selfish/douche made me take a look at some of his latest videos. Honestly, I didn't see anything too disturbing about him. Overall, he seems like a nice guy.

jessica678
Learner
Learner

Post by jessica678 »

His live stream is so awkward right now. I feel like he doesn't know what to do without Ingrid

Return to “Luke Conard”