Shane Dawson: The “Poorest” Rich Man (Part 15)

Subtlestern
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson: The “Poorest” Rich Man (Part 15)

Post by Subtlestern »

I mentioned and linked Garrett's video on the previous page. It started off like a typical Garrett video which I loved. But then it ended like a Shane video - complete with dramatic text, dramatic music, a twist and a reveal that it's a multiparter that will come out sometime in the future. Ugh.

abrahamlincoln
Debater
Debater

Post by abrahamlincoln »

Subtlestern wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Oh Lord I thought it would be another zany Garrett video and it was until the last minute or so the editing turned into what felt like a Shane video. Seriously. Watch it.

Andrew laughed... a LOT but I just missed Garrett. The little gravestones he's got for flies? Swinging the lights while talking about how that's what he's been doing? Him trying to explain how to grab the quarter but holding back laughter? He's just such a... softy?

tinydancer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tinydancer »

I feel like Shane may have finally hyped himself into a hole with this series. People are expecting GREAT things, truth and a hard pressing documentary. News outlets are writing articles on this & it's being shot into the spotlight to be highly anticipated...

I wonder how they will react when we get Tanacon 2.0 style 'pressing' interviews, which ultimately ends with Shane not taking any sides & having catered to whatever subjects boundaries in order to keep everyone on youtube friendly with him.

lovescamel
Talker
Talker

Post by lovescamel »

abrahamlincoln wrote:
Subtlestern wrote:[youtube]<a class="vglnk" href="[/youtube" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>youtube</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>watch</span><span>?</span><span>v</span><span>=</span><span>0wpddZjCuiI</span><span>[/</span><span>youtube</span></a>]

Oh Lord I thought it would be another zany Garrett video and it was until the last minute or so the editing turned into what felt like a Shane video. Seriously. Watch it.

Andrew laughed... a LOT but I just missed Garrett. The little gravestones he's got for flies? Swinging the lights while talking about how that's what he's been doing? Him trying to explain how to grab the quarter but holding back laughter? He's just such a... softy?
If he just did this videos himself, without the neverending giggle-machine that is Andrew, I would enjoy this video so much more. I adore Garrett!

Also, at the end when Shane and his posse walked in, Ryland pissed me off immediately. He is such an annoying little shit.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

It seems like every video Andrew films, the giggling just gets worse and worse. It's like STOP already! The shit he's laughing at isn't even that funny!

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

It's bad enough in Shane's vids. But then it leaks over to the squad videos he films too. UGH.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

miranda5
Informer
Informer

Post by miranda5 »

[H] wrote:[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>geminiaquarius</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1040227508480659457</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
Redemption? The videos aren´t even out yet... :roll:

I liked Garret´s new video, except for the ending. I don´t mind Andrew´s laughing (or him on the videos at all), Garret can be very funny... the spicy moment made me lol :rofl: Then the other 3 arrived and it ruined a bit for me. Garret should focus on other friends on his own channel.

Sunnylove
Talker
Talker

Post by Sunnylove »

miranda5 wrote:
[H] wrote:[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>geminiaquarius</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1040227508480659457</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
Redemption? The videos aren´t even out yet... :roll:

I liked Garret´s new video, except for the ending. I don´t mind Andrew´s laughing (or him on the videos at all), Garret can be very funny... the spicy moment made me lol :rofl: Then the other 3 arrived and it ruined a bit for me. Garret should focus on other friends on his own channel.
I liked the end of his video where he was actually CLEANING ANF SORTING THROUGH HIS CRAP. The first 20 minutes of him and Andrew just messing around playing with everything was so annoying. No wonder he lives in a pig sty. He can’t focus on something and do it, he gets easily distracted and it was annoying to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nautica
Talker
Talker

Post by Nautica »

The part with just Garrett and Andrew reminded me of when kids like 10-14 make those silly videos with their friends, especially when they were in the washroom.
I reallllly wish Garrett just stuck with the video, its obvious Shane 'takes over' in the next part and it's gonna be a gong show with all four of them in the tiny house trying to clean/organize everything

ItsRawrzz
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsRawrzz »

I adore Garrett. I think he's an absolute gem. I just wish the "squad" weren't coming in the next part. You just know it's going to be an entire video of them looking horrified at the state he lives in and then staging an "intervention", starring Shane and his boogie boyfriend. I don't even think they'll show the finished house in that episode because it will just be squad-centric and al about Shane. I predict a third video where he showcases the clean house but moreso in a way that he did the first half of the video, where he's talking to the camera (and the lady stock image) and will then give us a quick tour of the new, clean home.

And unpopular opinion, but I kinda like Andrew's laugh when he's in G's videos. They don't seem quite as forced. I feel like he amps it up in SHane's because he's paying him fairly well? Andrew and Garrett seem to have a pretty good friendship and I do feel like Garrett feels left out of the "Shane, Boogie Boyfriend and Morgan squad" after him making that joke about having his friends sit on the sofa and was pretty much referring to Andrew. I get it was a joke, but I feel there's definitely some honesty there. Doesn't help that Ryland is such a twunt and leaves poor Garrett out of almost everyhting

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

Happy_one wrote:Did Bunny Meyer contact Shane for help or did Shane Contact Bunny to offer his help ?
She contacted him for either advice or a collab, and this series is what he came up with.

Kit168
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Kit168 »

Isn’t he on Adderall, would explain why he thinks he’s a great documentary film maker now :roll: Shane seems like a passive aggressive sly manipulative bitch at the best of times, on Adderall I could imagine him becoming a little monster. I don’t watch his vlogs much, but even I can tell his personality has changed, he seems more moody and irritable towards the people around him.

This Jake Paul doc will just be another load of crap like the Tana ones, an attempt to redeem this disgusting bastard family, just like the Casey interview with Logan. It’s like these people are all in it together, helping each other out and screwing over the viewers. The Nerd City vid on Jake was intelligent and a great video, but Shane doesn’t have that kind of intelligence, all he can do is fake emotion

pancakeman
Talker
Talker

Post by pancakeman »

I definitely think Adderall has played a role in Shane becoming more "ambitious".

I hit a point about half way through Garrett's video where I was like "Oh god, this is going to be a two-parter, isn't it?". Not that I don't want to see more Garrett, but this is not two videos worth of material.

Shane needs to back the hell off his squad's videos. All of them are perfectly capable of doing solid videos in their own styles.

amberjean1
Learner
Learner

Post by amberjean1 »

triptocaine wrote:Shane's fans 99% of the time: oh my god shane's docuseries are SO good he should win an award, netflix hire him!!!

Shane's fans when someone (rightfully) criticizes him: oh my god its just a youtube series... chill

Sorry lmao its not really about shane and more about his fans but that's just something that's been bugging me.
Especially in regards to geminiaquarius' tweet, its filled with every excuse about YouTube content in the world, spouted by the same people who are going to turn around and inevitably start giving the Pauls positive attention again as soon as Shane tells them to.

The weirdest ones are the ones complaining about assumptions and that "Shane has only done two of these so far" trying to pretend that it hasn't been this way as far back as Bobby Burns, and that every single one hasn't had the same "humanizing the enemy" arc. Shane has one mode making video content, and it's a weird need to shoehorn a heartwarming ending into everything when it doesn't make sense. It's why his movies were bad, it's why these videos are bad. People are people and they don't need a man who pees in bottles and doesn't know how not to make content he isn't the star of to save them from themselves.

Hope I'm wrong about the JP series. Doubt I will be.

Kit168
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Kit168 »

I think Shane thinks everyone needs his help, like he’s the only one who can save them :roll: But his help always comes with strings attached, he’s gottta be the star of the show and the person has to be ever so grateful whether they want his meddling or not, he’s doing this stuff cos he wants something from the other person. He also likes playing the martyr and guilt tripping people.

Dex_Cotton
Informer
Informer

Post by Dex_Cotton »

Is Shane still licking Jeffree's pussy? :rofl:

brokenheartxd
Talker
Talker

Post by brokenheartxd »

There are so many things wrong with this comment...

magrmy
Learner
Learner

Post by magrmy »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surgeryhugs
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by surgeryhugs »

brokenheartxd wrote:[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://i.imgur.com/pVVFbmb_d.jpg?maxwi ... ity=medium[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>imgur</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>pVVFbmb</span><span>_</span><span>d</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>?</span><span>maxwidth</span><span>=</span><span>640</span><span>&</span><span>shape</span><span>=</span><span>thumb</span><span>&</span><span>fidelity</span><span>=</span><span>medium</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

There are so many things wrong with this comment...
sis you're making more money than any other hard working human being working a regular 9-5 let's be real. why is shane so desperate to come off as "poor" ?

ItsRawrzz
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsRawrzz »

*Can afford to eat out/order in every day*
*Can buy an almost stranger a new jeep*
*Financially takes care of his mum*
*Has full time cameraman/editor*
*Owns a house worth $1.8M and can afford all the running costs*

"My money is bad."

Return to “Shane Dawson”