50 Shades of Bluechia: Ignorance is my Birthright (4)

Linnie
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 50 Shades of Bluechia: Ignorance is my Birthright (4)

Post by Linnie »

Am I the only one that gets squicked out every time she talks about how she doesn't clean her brushes? I am starting to feel like a freak for cleaning my brushes every single time I use them.

Not_a_sponsored_post
Talker
Talker

Post by Not_a_sponsored_post »

Linnie wrote:Am I the only one that gets squicked out every time she talks about how she doesn't clean her brushes? I am starting to feel like a freak for cleaning my brushes every single time I use them.
You're not the only one. I can't stand the thought of putting dirty brushes on my face or eyes.

Me_me666
Debater
Debater

Post by Me_me666 »

Okay, rant incoming but...

How in hell does Lucia think it’s okay to donate USED FACE BRUSHES to a shelter? Does she just think disadvantaged people should be grateful for her dregs or what? Does she think it’s an appealing prospect to be presented with the used make up of a complete stranger ?

I’m doubtful these products would even make it to being given to people and not be immediately thrown out by a shelter. I imagine they’re difficult to santitise and that getting someone else’s used knock off Modern Renassance palette to the needy isn’t enough of a priority to go through that whole rigmarole.

The fact she even thinks this is an okay (perhaps even “good”) thing to do speaks volumes about her views on the world and her privilege. If she really cared about helping shelters, and thought that make up might be a nice thing to donate to them, then BUY UNUSED UNOPENED PRODUCTS AND SEND THOSE. It’s the very minimum consideration for other people imo. Maybe she could donate a product like for like with each one she receives in PR? (And not necessarily an equally expensive one, just one that’s newly bought! Does she not think that poor people care about where the products have been that they use on their faces and bodies? Or that they should just be grateful and would have no cause to take issue with her “generosity”?

My challenge to Lucia is this: make a video using only used make up products bought dirt cheap from complete strangers and document how that makes you feel. Or just stop using your “donations” of de cluttered products to get cheap brownie points to make yourself seem less wasteful and more charitable. Up to you.

WillowWisp
Learner
Learner

Post by WillowWisp »

I'm convinced that "donate" is her way of saying "throw in the trash" because it sounds less wasteful, just like how "gifted" is her way of saying "my parents bought for me". I remember watching some kind of collection video from her some time before Hushgate, and she had a depotted single powder product (can't remember exactly what it was) with a pretty large amount of pan showing that she didn't want anymore so she said she might donate it. You can't donate that shit, I wouldn't even give makeup in that condition away to a friend.

It's like she's just barely socially aware enough to recognise that she's privileged and that's uncool these days so she tries to downplay it, but she's not socially aware enough to do it convincingly.
Last edited by WillowWisp on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

WillowWisp
Learner
Learner

Post by WillowWisp »

WillowWisp wrote:I'm convinced that "donate" is her way of saying "throw in the trash" because it sounds less wasteful, just like how "gifted" is her way of saying "my parents bought for me". I remember watching some kind of collection video from her some time before Hushgate, and she had a depotted single powder product (can't remember exactly what it was) with a pretty large amount of pan showing that she didn't want anymore so she said she might donate it. You can't donate that shit, I wouldn't even give makeup in that condition away to a friend.

It's like she's just barely socially aware enough to recognise that she's privileged and that's uncool these days so she tries to downplay it, but she's not socially aware enough to do it convincingly.

Me_me666
Debater
Debater

Post by Me_me666 »

WillowWisp wrote:I'm convinced that "donate" is her way of saying "throw in the trash" because it sounds less wasteful, just like how "gifted" is her way of saying "my parents bought for me". I remember watching some kind of collection video from her some time before Hushgate, and she had a depotted single powder product (can't remember exactly what it was) with a pretty large amount of pan showing that she didn't want anymore so she said she might donate it. You can't donate that shit, I wouldn't even give makeup in that condition away to a friend.

I hadn’t thought of that but that seems likely too. Either way, reflects badly on Lucia’s view of people less fortunate than herself.

Linnie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Linnie »

@Me_me666 you have such good points I didn't even think of. TBH, I have actually gotten so accustomed to that particular attitude from the masses, it doesn't even register anymore (sadly). I just hear similar from so many people I've come into contact with, it's not even a second thought and I really, genuinely thank you for bringing me out of that depressing bubble. It was an important point to make and one I've completely lost track of.

@WillowWisp that's also valid and totally vibes a lot with the experiences from said bubble above. :) One of these days, maybe a decade in the future, she'll realize everything she does and have the presence of mind to actually be embarrassed... but I won't hold my breath.

Coomelody
Learner
Learner

Post by Coomelody »

PinkyPunch wrote:Does she has anything that's not sent to her by Octoly?
maybe if she mention them she will get more stuff from Octoly

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

Can we please have "Luchia on the pull" for the next thread? :rofl:

Schweetums
Talker
Talker

Post by Schweetums »

Clover la BonBon wrote:Can we please have "Luchia on the pull" for the next thread? :rofl:
Luchia on the monthly pull Tepper :rofl:

Simbelmyne
Learner
Learner

Post by Simbelmyne »

I don't know if this has been mentioned recently, but one of the things that really bothers me about Lucia is her mindset that she has to find something that she loves. If the bronzer she's using isn't her favourite, she's constantly on the hunt for a new one. Especially as a 19-year-old student, Lucia seems to have the wrong mindset or something about purchasing products. What happened to using up what you have and then, if it wasn't your favourite, going out and trying something else? This might be an unpopular opinion - I'm not sure - but isn't having and striving for a perfectly curated collection of HG products sort of impossible? It's wasteful for one (if it's a cycle of hoarding and then decluttering) and it just seems totally unsustainable for someone of Lucia's circumstance (young student). I understand she has rich parents and that she gets sent stuff from Octoly, but it's more the mindset than anything that rubs me the wrong way.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Linnie wrote:Am I the only one that gets squicked out every time she talks about how she doesn't clean her brushes? I am starting to feel like a freak for cleaning my brushes every single time I use them.
I imagine she’s a bacteria swamp
I’m the worst of the worst

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Simbelmyne wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned recently, but one of the things that really bothers me about Lucia is her mindset that she has to find something that she loves. If the bronzer she's using isn't her favourite, she's constantly on the hunt for a new one. Especially as a 19-year-old student, Lucia seems to have the wrong mindset or something about purchasing products. What happened to using up what you have and then, if it wasn't your favourite, going out and trying something else? This might be an unpopular opinion - I'm not sure - but isn't having and striving for a perfectly curated collection of HG products sort of impossible? It's wasteful for one (if it's a cycle of hoarding and then decluttering) and it just seems totally unsustainable for someone of Lucia's circumstance (young student). I understand she has rich parents and that she gets sent stuff from Octoly, but it's more the mindset than anything that rubs me the wrong way.
I think it’s weird too, but I don’t see anything wrong with having a few blushes and a few bronzers. I don’t need to “donate” everything so I can buy twice as much

Simbelmyne
Learner
Learner

Post by Simbelmyne »

claradion wrote:
Simbelmyne wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned recently, but one of the things that really bothers me about Lucia is her mindset that she has to find something that she loves. If the bronzer she's using isn't her favourite, she's constantly on the hunt for a new one. Especially as a 19-year-old student, Lucia seems to have the wrong mindset or something about purchasing products. What happened to using up what you have and then, if it wasn't your favourite, going out and trying something else? This might be an unpopular opinion - I'm not sure - but isn't having and striving for a perfectly curated collection of HG products sort of impossible? It's wasteful for one (if it's a cycle of hoarding and then decluttering) and it just seems totally unsustainable for someone of Lucia's circumstance (young student). I understand she has rich parents and that she gets sent stuff from Octoly, but it's more the mindset than anything that rubs me the wrong way.
I think it’s weird too, but I don’t see anything wrong with having a few blushes and a few bronzers. I don’t need to “donate” everything so I can buy twice as much
Oops. I didn't mean to imply that you can't own more than one type of product (although, if that works for you, fine). I love blushes and I own a few but idk I'm not like Lucia lusting over more? And yeah. Her "donating" just so that she can feel less guilty about buying more products leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Simbelmyne wrote:
claradion wrote:
Oops. I didn't mean to imply that you can't own more than one type of product (although, if that works for you, fine). I love blushes and I own a few but idk I'm not like Lucia lusting over more? And yeah. Her "donating" just so that she can feel less guilty about buying more products leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.
I don’t think that’s how you sounded!

She specifically is so strange about her makeup. She’s constantly contradicting herself.

FatMermaid
Learner
Learner

Post by FatMermaid »

She has weird shopping issues. She wants new things all the time but she's too cheap to spend her own money. When she does spend money she would rather buy multiple inexpensive things instead of one good quality thing that may cost a bit more because quality doesn't really matter to her if she can have lots of new things. She "donates" and declutters to give herself a reason to get new things. She uses finding her ideal makeup product as another excuse to get more things. She uses YouTube to get more new things for free. She just needs more all the time.

Maybe she doesn't have shopping issues. Maybe she has issues with greed. Her psychologist father should get her some help.

PinkyPunch
Informer
Informer

Post by PinkyPunch »

Isn't her dad a lawyer tho?
-most bespoke packaging experience like no other- Kitchen Cosmetics

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

PinkyPunch wrote:Isn't her dad a lawyer tho?
He is apparently both an attorney and a psychologist. I believe from what someone here found a while back that he works at the intersection between those professions by serving as an expert witness in legal cases as a psychologist, and also representing and consulting for mental health professionals as an attorney. Sounds like he’s found himself a tidy little niche there.
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

buywhatyoulike
Informer
Informer

Post by buywhatyoulike »

claradion wrote:
Simbelmyne wrote:
claradion wrote:
I don’t think that’s how you sounded!

She specifically is so strange about her makeup. She’s constantly contradicting herself.
Same, just so you know. I don't think you sounded that way, in case you're at all still worried.
"Buy a mug." - Moochia Tapper.

eviefrye
Talker
Talker

Post by eviefrye »

The fact that Luchia doesn't clean her brushes makes me sick. Does she even remove her makeup¿?
me quiere hasta tu hermana,
me quiere nana nana

DAR DE BAJA UNA TARJETA, CERDA

Return to “LuciaTepperBeauty”