Do you follow diets?

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Do you follow diets?

Post by Diorette »

I did for some years and I went from 67 kg to 50 kg, right now I'm about 54.
I lost a bunch of weight without working out so I didn't look toned, just kind off skinny.

I'm working out and eating healthier now and I don't know if I should go back with my nutritionist, she's the best of my city and you will lost for sure 2 kg with her per week (I went with others and all they gave me was lettuce and some ridiculous things), the thing is usually she gives me everything I want combined so I lose weight, but some things are not that healthy, and since I'm working out now, I have the feeling that the exercise won't have any effects because of the not so healthy food, plus, I have to eat the same thing for a week and I usually get bored.
What do you guys think?

Carmen
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Do you follow diets?

Post by Carmen »

I don't follow a diet.. because its a waste of time and energy
I refuse to cut things out of my diet because all that happens is one day I EAT EVERYTHING and gain all the weight back
I think its much more simple to say I will eat 3 times a day plus 1 snack
make everything healthy-ish for 6 days and on the 7th day I will eat what I like in small portions
add 7 days of exercise to this and I'm sure I will be losing weight in no time

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

I follow a pretty simple low-carb diet / lifestyle, and generally following the 80/20 rule during the holidays or special occasions.

When I'm strict with it, I keep all sugar and processed carbs out of my diet and just eat lean protein, lots of veggies and legumes, some fresh fruit. When I'm doing 80/20 I'll allow myself things like rice, quinoa, barley, on the rare occasion some bread or pizza but try to keep those at about only 20% of my food intake.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I don't follow a diet, but I am vegan which could be considered a diet to some people, but I don't do it for the weight benefits (although they are nice). I have lost about 40lbs in like 4 months after switching.
imma ball til the day i fall

hellukittu
Informer
Informer

Post by hellukittu »

i used to be very strict and not allow myself to eat anything that had carbs in it, but then i figured that it's better if i eat a little bit of carbs from time-to-time so i don't crave junk food. so i prepare rice/pasta/pizza dishes about once a month (and maybe buy white bread once a month), and i've completely given up on potatoes. i've also gone from coca-cola to coca-cola light, and it's worked for me. i've been on the plan since september, and i've lost 4 kg since then (i also work out every day)
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

TiffanyMaxwell
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TiffanyMaxwell »

I'm eating low carb as well.
<3

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

rihana wrote:Milk is very beneficial for the health. Here are some benefits of the milk listed below
1- Milk is very important for age groups and it should be included in our daily diet plan.
2- Milk is rich in calcium and it helps in making bones strong.
3- Milk is very good for the healthy and strong teeth.
4- Milk prevent from diabetes.
5- Milk prevent from certain types of cancer.
I hope this will make you to include milk in your daily diet.
http://muslim-academy.com/valentines-day-in-islam/
Actually, there are many studies that suggest that there are better methods to obtain these effects than drinking cow's milk particularly for calcium/protein. Bokchoy, spinach, and many other leafy dark green vegetables and legumes have far more calcium and other nutrients than milk.

Furthermore, a diet that includes high amounts of animal products/protein (including milk) can actually be detrimental to one's health. Dairy also has animal growth factors, drugs and other contaminants (including blood and pus), and a substantial amount of cholesterol.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/77/2/504.short [Conclusion: Neither milk nor a high-calcium diet appears to reduce risk of bone fracture.]
http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/143/5/472.short [Conclusion: Dietary protein increases urinary calcium losses and has been associated with higher rates of hip fracture in cross-cultural studies.]
http://www.pcrm.org/search/?cid=251 [More information regarding high protein diet.]
http://students.brown.edu/Brown_Nutrition/dairy/ [Just interesting information :) ]

Return to “Diet”