Shane Dawson Part 14? Find out in 2021

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Shane Dawson Part 14? Find out in 2021

Post by facepainter »

exposer wrote:
KristKay5000 wrote:Ok, can someone please answer this for me. I've watched 3 out of the 3 videos on Jeffrey but I'm still a little confused on the HOW he actually make the money. Some of it feels very glossed over and a lot of the videos were filler and reaction shots of Shane being amazed for the cameras at all the money. So he was a funny, controversial, outspoken, scandalous dude on myspace. He made some money from that and then turned it into this massive empire? What did I miss?
It's not mistake that is glossed over, it's probably because Jeffree may have inflated the numbers dramatically. I think the bulk of his money comes from Jeffree Star Cosmetics. The rest he just says comes from "10 other companies", and in another video he called it "5 other companies" and then "10 other companies and investments etc". Sounds sketchy to me. I believe his companies in sum would be turning over 10's of millions per year, but the idea that they are turning over hundreds of millions is just not true. Anyone with ownership of companies that turns over that much would have a net worth of close to a billion. Jeffrees living in a tacky cheap McMansion.

It's just convenient that he said "I have 10 other companies" because it means he can dodge anyone who raises questions about him saying he's turning over "hundreds of millions of dollars". Just consider him owning a rental property. If you spent $5mill acquiring a rental property, you might make $500,000 per year on it. That STILL is going to take 10 YEARS to pay off, before you even get a real profit (and we aren't even factoring in taxes, so it would take even longer).

The idea that Jeffree owns a brownstone apartment building in New York, as is shown in the series, is laughable. Those buildings cost upwards of $100 million dollars in total. You're telling me Jeffree Star who had no money a few years ago, and lives in a $3mill house, would have $100mill to spend on a brownstone apartment building? Thats laughable. No one grants you a mortgage on a ginormous building like that when you own an inherently risky asset like a makeup company. Maybe he owns one apartment IN a brownstone and rents it out. Big whoop-dee doo, property isn't turning a profit until 7 years of ownership.

So yeah, I believe Jeffree inflated his earnings incredibly. Maybe he meant "hundreds of millions" over the multiple years of running his businesses, and it might just add up to over $100m in revenue. But saying you're turning over "hundreds of millions" is very disingenuous because that should mean IN ONE YEAR. :roll:
Agree with everything you said. If you rewatch the part where Shane asks him if he's making "hundreds of millions" in one year, Jeffree just looks and sounds like he's lying. He even takes a pause and it almost sounds like a question to me when he says "Yeah?"

exposer
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by exposer »

facepainter wrote:Agree with everything you said. If you rewatch the part where Shane asks him if he's making "hundreds of millions" in one year, Jeffree just looks and sounds like he's lying. He even takes a pause and it almost sounds like a question to me when he says "Yeah?"
Yeah - his brain is literally doing the cognitive processing of "should I say this". He is pretty impulsive! A lot of people attack me in the Jeffree forum when I point out all the issues with his claims. Like, sorry I understand how accounting works and can see that Jeffree/Nate are not attached to any other companies in company filings. Then they all say "but maybe its under his birth name!" - nope, its not. If they say jump, I do, and then they say "higher". You can't win with Jeffree fans.

exposer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by exposer »

pepesylvia wrote:i think jeffree owns shane a lot of money for essentially saving his reputation
Exactly? Shane actually doesn't have the credibility to make a 'documentary' with the slogans "No Lies, Just Facts" :rofl: Like lmfao it's literally some 1984 dystopian propaganda. If you gotta say "no lies, just facts" - you're probably lying!

Just the lack of journalistic integrity alone makes the whole thing a joke. A real documentarian would come in without bias, and would ask for receipts or proof of any claims. Real tax returns etc. Documentaries aren't meant to take peoples statements at face value. I think thats the whole point though, would Jeffree trust a real documentarian to do something like this? No way. He wants to exert control over the whole process and he got his wish. Now he's got an even bigger following and probably sold some liquid lips :rofl:

Casse
Talker
Talker

Post by Casse »

Going into these video's, the only thing I knew about Jeffree Star was his tea with Kat Von D. so it was, at least for me as someone who knew very little, interesting to watch for the most part. However, I feel like this could have been done SOOOO much better. I don't mind the dynamic between them, I really don't, but these 'serious truth revealing' video's just don't line up with how silly they all act. Andrew cackling and filming Garrett while he smears make up on his face? I like Garrett enough, but was that whole scene necessary to add? Scenes like Jeffree complimenting Garrett were more than enough for 'silly' moments. Neither Garrett nor Ryland needed to be there and if they did, give one of them a camera to film a few shots while Andrew has his focus on Jeffree and Shane.

exposer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by exposer »

Do you wanna know the real tea? Shane and Jeffree already had an hour long chat about all of the stuff in the series over a year ago. So his documentary and reactions were entirely fabricated. See the vid below. Its literally all the same 'OMG JEFFREE WTF' reactions to his business, personal life and music 'career'.

[youtube][/youtube]

P.S. lmaoooo Jeffree is insulting Akon at 38:30 saying that Akon only got lucky with a few hit songs but was 'not a business person' and is blaming Akon for the fact that he never became a famous singer. Like, Jeffree, your music actually just sucked. The vocals were weak. He's one of those people who would audition for American Idol with an average voice, but thinks he's the definition of talent.

Powderham
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Powderham »

The sound of Andrew adjusting the exposure is so unbelievably grating. It genuinely just makes me mad to hear it, I can't stand it. Like either use an auto-exposure, or cut out you clicking it so much, or don't keep adjusting it every chance you get.

MissPrissyPriss
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by MissPrissyPriss »

The look on Shane’s face when the scars were revealed screamed “This will make my video #1 on trending!!” Also I don’t care if Jeffree has $75 mil total or makes $150 mil a year....the guy has done a great job with his business(es). The interior of his house is hideous though but that’s just my opinion.
Same shit, different day

exposer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by exposer »

Jeffree dragged Wendy Williams for her past and 'not supporting the gay community' in 2017, yet he thinks its not okay when people continue to drag him for his past? The hypocrisy is strong. :rofl:

exposer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by exposer »

MissPrissyPriss wrote:Also I don’t care if Jeffree has $75 mil total or makes $150 mil a year....the guy has done a great job with his business(es). The interior of his house is hideous though but that’s just my opinion.
No one is knocking success. We are knocking lies.

JetpackBlue
Talker
Talker

Post by JetpackBlue »

I really don't know how to feel about the Jefree series.

For one all of it could have been compiled into two parts instead of five, cutting out the "Shane and friends" shenanigans as well as Shane's transformation, beacause it seemed so unnecessary, I understand they want the "documentary" to be entertaining, but I find it hard to take it seriously with Garrett goofing around and Ryland trying to make it seem like he's important in the process of filming.

Secondly, It's extremely disingenuine when you know that most of the things Shane and Jefree talked about they've already discussed and Shane's just acting for the most part. Badly acting.

Third, the actual content was all over the place. First we get a comedy filled house tour, a Shane makeover, an another tour, but this time a warehouse and about twenty minutes of Shane saying "What the fuck" over stuff he already knew about and a super serious finale. It just seems weirdly composed and out of place.

However, that won't even matter, because Shane will still be put on a pedestal for making groundbreaking content by making glorified daily vlogs. People still eat it up and no one in his life will tell him that it could be improved or changed. I do think that Shane's sucessully platoed with the J* series, unless he changes something up or finds people with increasingly more dramatic stories, the format will get old extremely fast. Overall, I am excited to see what Shane will take up next, after this hype simmers down and he actually has to think about content again.

mazz
Learner
Learner

Post by mazz »

i absolutely hate this face he pulls so so so so so much Image

also hated the reaction to the self harm

exposer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by exposer »

Don't knock me for this one. Found on reddit. Kind of true tho lmao.

shortcake1111
Informer
Informer

Post by shortcake1111 »

^^^ UGHHH I hate that too. It's like trying to mimic what sympathizing with a person should look like and overdoing it. He forces a vibe of mutual vulnerability when he's getting people to open up, but then he plays parent-therapist, and a lot of the time it just comes across as put-on and ... weird.

MissPrissyPriss
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by MissPrissyPriss »

Just a thought....Jeffree aka Mr. Gucci owns the apartment building he used to live in. That’s why Phyllis (I think that was her name) had a Gucci bag and purse.
Same shit, different day

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

CrystallineKitty wrote:
exposer wrote:Don't knock me for this one. Found on reddit. Kind of true tho lmao.

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>imgur</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>PbU26hG</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
Lol I think we all know that to start a company you need investors. We have all seen Shark Tank lmfao

And can you please stop clogging up the threads. It's a little extra.
Even tho he is scum I would kind of live to see J* on shark tank ripping the stupid ideas to shreds??? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

i could watch around 2 minutes total of every video of this "documentary" (GTFOOH with that) because it was just so awfully done and shane and the other human equivalents of fart noises were so fucking annoying to watch

the only people who think this is emmy worthy are people who just been let out of prison and were used to only having 3 channels to look at

and can someone please tell me if there is anything behind shane wearing that disgusting omg pig shirt all the time????????? like did he lose a bet or something? that shirt looks like it smells so badly

NocteRegem
Talker
Talker

Post by NocteRegem »

the first thing he asks the landlord lady is if she makes a lot of money??????????????????????????????
I guess he only has one joke, no class, no manners or any self-awareness
Now I'm in the ring and I'm coming for blood

Ace13
Debater
Debater

Post by Ace13 »

I agree with all of you about Shane’s reaction. But you know what really makes me lose what little respect I had left of Shane?

J* has been waiting months for this video to come out. I can only imagine how anxious he was for this to be out in the open and have that weight lifted off his chest. But Shane made him wait so long. The build up must have been awful. Worrying about the reactions from people. Revealing a secret like that than having to still keep it a secret when really you want to get it out to probably help yourself move forward. I don’t know that was really shitty of Shane. These videos were supposed to come out when the TanaCon videos came out right? If I was J* I would have been livid. Shane doesn’t do anything selflessly. He wants to profess he’s some YouTube therapist but he just cashed in on people’s tragedy and heartache. He’s an insensitive shit.

JetpackBlue
Talker
Talker

Post by JetpackBlue »

Ace13 wrote:I agree with all of you about Shane’s reaction. But you know what really makes me lose what little respect I had left of Shane?

J* has been waiting months for this video to come out. I can only imagine how anxious he was for this to be out in the open and have that weight lifted off his chest. But Shane made him wait so long. The build up must have been awful. Worrying about the reactions from people. Revealing a secret like that than having to still keep it a secret when really you want to get it out to probably help yourself move forward. I don’t know that was really shitty of Shane. These videos were supposed to come out when the TanaCon videos came out right? If I was J* I would have been livid. Shane doesn’t do anything selflessly. He wants to profess he’s some YouTube therapist but he just cashed in on people’s tragedy and heartache. He’s an insensitive shit.
Every single series of this type Shane has done, he's taken advantage of someone elses vulnerability. Bunny is depressed and extremely insecure, so he got her crying in the bathroom and gave her more exposure. Tana and Michael were both in over their heads and were easy to butter up for the audience while also acting like a happy medium, despite clearly favouring Tana and Jefree was ready to part ways with his past trauma and made the mistake of being vulnerable in front of Shane. None of these videos had any compassion or empathy from Shane. He just cares about making views and catching (or creating) the most dramatic moments for his series.

stonecold3010
Lurker
Lurker

Post by stonecold3010 »

Why is Jessi such a secret? We saw her for like 3 seconds in part 1 handing shane a drink and then you hear her for a second in part 5 introduce herself as the producer. Considering shane's audience are probably familiar with her anyway, why does he never mention her in videos, twitter or even the description bar?

Return to “Shane Dawson”