This is just embarrassing.

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 14? Find out in 2021

Post by Fairycake »

I really dont know how shane puts up with ryland anymore. He is so embarrassing. The way he acts around rich people is just so fucking irritating and embarrassing. He really is like a kid trying to impress their older siblings friend or something. I cant. So cringey.
I love how jeffree called him out for something in every video so far. First the „cheapest gucci backpack there is“ and today for keeping a gucci box cause he only owns one item lol. I dont see anything wrong with not owning much or any designer at all, but fucking ryland needs to be taken down a notch.

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

Lol Shane DEFINITELY copied the idea of taking Jeffree back to his apartment from James Runcie's documentary "A Year In The Life" where he takes J.K. Rowling to the apartment she wrote the first Harry Potter book back when she was poor and her life was in shambles. It was a really emotional and moving moment to see.

[youtube][/youtube]

I didn't see any waterworks from Jeffree in that preview, which I feel Shane would've included, so I'm not thinking this moment with Jeffree will live up to Rowling's moment.

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

melissa1983 wrote:[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>shanedawson</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1027286255577399296</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]

This is just embarrassing.
Oh shit haha. She didnt even really aim this at shane. Also love how shanes idea was to send the palette to beauty gurus without telling them its shanes. But they talked about what the theme would be and what it would look like. He also wants to film it from start to finish. So does that mean he is not gonna upload for 7 months as he doesnt want people to know before its coming out? Then uploads one episode of those 7 months every week for the rest of his life? Yeah. Sounds just like him.

Also ryland being the only one asking how much shane would make from it. Like get off your nonexistent arse and work for yourself you lazy ass golddigger.

Powderham
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Powderham »

Jeffree Star is really interesting. I am very fascinated and even inspired by finding out how much he's grown from nothing. He seems like a genuinely smart businessman and I wish we could have learned more about the business side of things. Shane's commentary is also funny at times and his reactions are entertaining. It's nice having that contrast between the two people.

That said, his "I'm so broke" and "I'm so trashy" jokes are getting so unbelievably trite. Shane, I've never met anyone in person who has a nicer house than you. You have a real nice ass house in Los Angeles with a great view. You're not broke. And acting like your stuff is so much more trashy than it is, is just obnoxious. It's funny if you said "let me check my car for urine" and there was fast food trash all over the floor, but it was a really clean car. Your couch has dog hair all over it? I didn't see anything, that couch was spotless. Like it's just so far removed from the truth that it isn't funny. Comedy is funny when it's true or at least close to the truth, but nothing of what he's joking about is even close to true and we can visually see it. I guess it's better when he's talking about his appearance, because he's gotten really sloppy over the years. That shirt is just so obnoxious at this point, I'm so tired of seeing it.

I also am extremely annoyed with Andrew's laughing. Another thing I'm annoyed by is the fact that he refuses to use an auto-exposure. The constant clicking of the dial to adjust the exposure or aperture is making me cringe hard. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Or at least get a better mic that doesn't pick up the clicking. Shane is clearly making like $100k+ on these series with a crew of one guy with a DSLR. On one hand it's kind of genius how little overhead he has, but you'd think he could hire a better camera-man, or at least a 2nd camera-man. Andrew frankly sucks as a camera-man. And not even in a cute DIY way. He just sucks. It'd probably be fine if it was just a normal YouTube video (truth be told, I haven't watched any of Shane's recent stuff besides the Tanacon and Jeffree Star videos) but if you're trying to label this as a "documentary", then you need to step it up. I know it's like YouTuber's labeling their 10min videos as "movies", it's technically true, but you should really try to align with the connotation of "documentary". The quality should really be higher if you're trying to go long format with 30 min+ episodes.

I mean, he's still getting views, people are still watching it, he's making thousands of dollars, so why bother? Hell, it hasn't kept me from watching. But maybe that's just because I find the topic so interesting. It's a shame he isn't doing it justice. I just think in the long run, if he wants to hold any integrity in the next few years, he should really step his game up. He has a level of charisma and fun personality, he could be better than what he's doing if he tried.

Also kind of unpopular opinion, but I found Garrett and Ryland to both be fairly annoying. The whole group dynamic of theater kids trying to one up each other with how loud and extra they are, while giggling uncontrollably, is annoying. Especially with shaky, sloppy camera work and horrible audio.

pancakeman
Talker
Talker

Post by pancakeman »

I like Garrett but I KNEW he was going to fuck around with stuff. He's like a 2-year-old sometimes. It stresses me out to watch. It bugged me in the Bunny series as well. I mean, he was even specifically TOLD not to act a fool in there.
Last edited by pancakeman on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Octobuttons
Talker
Talker

Post by Octobuttons »

Storms wrote:I think there was a pretty interesting interaction between Shane and Jeffree in the warehouse where Shane said "Do you have moments of like 'what is happening?' You're not just looking at like all these people being like 'Oh my god, that's my name." and Jeffree replied "No. I'm ready for the next product, I'm like: let's make more, more, more. I'm ready to roll. Even just being here I want to make ten more things'.

One of Shane's biggest issues is how he keeps slowing down whenever he gets anything done to revel in his success and pat himself on the back for four weeks before even starting to edit another project. If you want to get shit done and make it big, you've got to cut back on the time you take looking back to admire your progress and just keep going. Jeffree is by no means perfect but Shane could really use some of his work ethic.

I was just thinking this same thing while watching the video! Jeffree is constantly creating new makeup, traveling, doing classes, in his office etc. and STILL posting content. I'm sure having assistants helps out a lot, and he probably has someone who edits or at least helps edit his videos, but that still doesn't detract from the fact that he is a busy, busy man. That's honestly probably where Shane's "WTF" and "Wait" moments come from is him being shocked that after editing one video Jeffree doesn't take a break for a week. Shane has help editing and filming so I'm not sure what is so draining for him between series.

As far as this video, as someone who is in the beauty world as a licensed professional I was very interested in seeing how the makeup was formulated, made, pressed, packaged, tested and everything in between. The small glimpse into how the process goes was VERY disappointing considering what we got instead was horrible skit about pitching ideas. I definitely get where Ryland was coming from asking about potential profit, but the reaction he had to hearing millions was such a giveaway of how money hungry he is. I wish instead of talking about Shane making a palette, which honestly I feel like Jeffree would be pulling the leg work for anyway, and how much they could make from it that instead they talked about what cost it was to Jeffree to make his palette - like packaging, design, materials.

Also, am I the only who cringes every time Shane makes a joke about how much money Jeffree has? Jeffree doesn't even laugh or respond half the time and he only starts to do it after Shane has made about a million jokes on it. I can't explain it but it just leaves me with secondhand embarrassment. Jeffree knows he has money without Shane referencing it LITERALLY EVERY FIVE SECONDS.

RosaBelle
Talker
Talker

Post by RosaBelle »

Sorry if this isn't very coherent. It's like 3 am where I live, lol:
Honestly, I think Ryland's bougie personality is very amped up for the videos. He didn't start acting like this until recently, at least to me. He seemed pretty chill and acted as the skeptical, smart-ish type character in the Drew/Garret/Shane spooky videos. He didn't adopt this bougie character until their videos surrounding money started to do better than their other videos. I can't remember what the video was called (I think it was walmart vs. gucci?) but Ryland and Shane both explained how they amp up their characters, and that they've been focusing on money recently because that was what got the most views. Which is true, in the YouTube scene the more you flex the more views you get. It's sad, but if you want to stay afloat on YouTube, you need to flex on people, so you can't really fault them for that. I don't think it's a coincidence they became obsessed with Gucci when their videos surrounding money started to do better. I wouldn't call Ryland a gold digger, but then again I don't really like making those types of assumptions as an outsider looking in. I think they love each other, but that's just my opinion. Probably a pretty unpopular opinion on here tho, ha ha.
<3 A party without cake is just a meeting ~ Julia Child <3

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

Wasn't that Morgan's room they were in with the empty Gucci box?

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Has morgan left LA for good? She once mentioned she has a real bedroom with a real bed again and it looked like her old room with the blue walls. She also bought a range rover and didnt do that in la, but wherever she is from. Whats going on? Also seeing what kinda money she must be making, she should definitely move out of shanes house. If she still lives there.

birkin420
Learner
Learner

Post by birkin420 »

winter_ wrote:This 'episode' considering it's meant to be part of a 'finale' was boring AF. I'm not often irritated by Garrett but rubbing that powder all on his face was rude, stupid, and very unfunny
He's an overgrown, immature man child. Really can't take him anywhere.

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

Octobuttons wrote:Also, am I the only who cringes every time Shane makes a joke about how much money Jeffree has? Jeffree doesn't even laugh or respond half the time and he only starts to do it after Shane has made about a million jokes on it. I can't explain it but it just leaves me with secondhand embarrassment. Jeffree knows he has money without Shane referencing it LITERALLY EVERY FIVE SECONDS.
I think he's tacky as fuck in general when it comes to money. The way he constantly complains about not having enough of it, the way he fawns over other people's material possessions, the way he asks for specific dollar amounts of what people earn — it's all tacky for me. I think it's because his desperation is so blatant, it's hard to watch.

And the way he goes on about being poor gets more obnoxious with every video he uploads. When he was talking about Jeffree's car when he pulled up in the driveway, I couldn't help but roll my eyes when he started comparing it to his own car. Especially since this was all going on with a really nice house that belonged to Shane in the background. :roll:

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

Poor, poor Shane y'all. How sad it must be to live in a pretty house in the hills of Los Angeles with a nice pool and huge driveway of your own. At age 30.

But he's sooo relatable, right? :roll:

I don't hate Shane but he needs to quit it with the "I'm broke, poor, and everything I own is trash" act.

leeef123
Talker
Talker

Post by leeef123 »

OKaaayyyy sorry for the rant but I have to put in my two cents;

This entire series so far has been SO disappointing.

I wouldn't consider my self a fan of Jeffree but I am definitely interested in him and have been since MySpace. I was pretty excited that this series was coming out. I can't say for sure but after watching it thus far I wouldn't be surprised if Jeffree himself is disappointed. Even from the very first video with all of Shane's stupid shocked faces, jokes that don't hit, focus on Shane or Andrew acting dumb. This is supposed to be a documentary about Jeffree and honestly we barely get an insight because of the disorganized editing and lack of preparation. NONE of this was thought out imo; there were basic
ideas (house tour, makeover, factory tour, past flashback) but none of them were executed properly. It just seemed like there wasn't a cohesive plan. If Shane wants to market himself as this amazing documentary creator now then do the work!!! Plan ahead so things fit together and flow properly, have questions written out, have a plan of the tone you want to make this, try to be professional instead of acting like a 12 year old boy. Honestly Jeffree is an amazing business man and deserved a better "documentary" than this.

A few things that stick out to me about dynamics:
1. Shane clearly wants Jeffree's (and nate's) dick. God, soooooo awkward. He is treating this as a way to make cheap jokes, try and fail to flirt with Jeffree, and focus on himself instead of what it was supposed to be about.
2. Jeffree doesn't like Shane lolol. I can't be the only one that see's this.
3. Shane is so jealous of Garret. Garret is annoying yes but he is cute af in my opinion. Whatever the reason, him and Jeffree have natural chemistry and Shane hates that. Like in the jeep, why say "but you would have to change so much about him". Like Shane sorry hun, Garrett is 10x cuter than you, get over it and don't be a jerk because the attention isn't on you.
4. The only time in the WHOLE series when Shane was acting genuine and things were flowing naturally was when he was discussing with JS about making his own palette.
5. Shane acts insecure, awkward, annoying when in reality he lives for and wants the attention 24/7.

I'll stop now but moral of the story for me is; if you're going to use someone's time like JS and promise a documentary, actually put in the effort and do that.

Serendipitous
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Serendipitous »

birkin420 wrote:
winter_ wrote:This 'episode' considering it's meant to be part of a 'finale' was boring AF. I'm not often irritated by Garrett but rubbing that powder all on his face was rude, stupid, and very unfunny
He's an overgrown, immature man child. Really can't take him anywhere.
Yeah I’ve never had a problem with Garrett before but that actually gave me secondhand embarrassment. That was genuinely so cringy. Like watching a child getting scolded

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

Fairycake wrote:Has morgan left LA for good? She once mentioned she has a real bedroom with a real bed again and it looked like her old room with the blue walls. She also bought a range rover and didnt do that in la, but wherever she is from. Whats going on? Also seeing what kinda money she must be making, she should definitely move out of shanes house. If she still lives there.

stars&rockets08
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by stars&rockets08 »

NGL, the whole series with Jeffee is super interesting to me. As he's someone who, I'm not the biggest fan of. But, it's an interesting look, at an interesting person, and persona. I knew of him, back when he was MySpace scene famous, and made music. One thing, Shane does well with his series, is take fascinating people, who don't super show their whole lives. That's something good, I can say about it. But, oml, Shane needs to stop with omgggg this is so exclusive, NEVER BEFORE SEEN STUFF!1! Like, yeah Jeffree's rich, has lots of crazy stuff, and the cosmetics industry is huge. Duh. That's not new info at all. How shocked he is by everything, kinda makes him look a little dumb, imo. Obviously Jeffree has a warehouses, and a huge operation. What's been nice, about the series, with both Bunny, and Jeffree, is seeing them on a more human level, and how they're feeling, and how they've gotten to where there are, and where they're going. I wish he would put more emphasis on that. Rather than, OMG LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF THEY HAVE!! BECAUSE OF ME, YOU GET TO SEE THEIR LIVES!

On the Morgan topic, I wouldn't be super surprised if she did move back to Colorado. I think she probably did. But, seeing her Range Rover, she knows she could make a decent living from YT. So, I don't think, she's gonna be stopping. If she's over living in Shane's office, I'm sure she's capable of getting a little place. If she wants to go back to LA. She's got those bougie slides, and the Range Rover....

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

God that video was BORING.

I skipped through their fake makeup pitches to Jeffree all the way until the end. What a stupid ass video.

VoldemortsMom
Learner
Learner

Post by VoldemortsMom »

facepainter wrote:Lol Shane DEFINITELY copied the idea of taking Jeffree back to his apartment from James Runcie's documentary "A Year In The Life" where he takes J.K. Rowling to the apartment she wrote the first Harry Potter book back when she was poor and her life was in shambles. It was a really emotional and moving moment to see.

[youtube][/youtube]

I didn't see any waterworks from Jeffree in that preview, which I feel Shane would've included, so I'm not thinking this moment with Jeffree will live up to Rowling's moment.
After watching that it's very clear that a huge barrier in Shane's video that stops them from even remotely resembling a documentary is he doesn't give space for the subject. There needs to be moments where you ask a question and let them think about it and even allow for awkward silences to draw them to be more vulnerable and share their thoughts. Instead Shane is constantly cutting him off with "Omg omg omg" "Wait" "What the FUCK?" or making a joke and ruining the tone. He did a better job with Bunny in the bathroom part of that series. Maybe thats because he was more comfortable with her and didn't feel intimidated and like he needed to win her over like he does with Jeffree. I just HOPE he lets Jeffree share his story with minimal interruptions next video.

PoppyFlower1
Informer
Informer

Post by PoppyFlower1 »

melissa1983 wrote:[/tweet
you just know he probably sat there for about an hour asking ryland what to respond so he sounds cool, and then after posting, sitting with his worried face waiting for the response. it reminds me of the time way back in the day when he was out for lunch and he claimed miley cyrus was in their and he started hiding under the table because he was legit worried that she would recognise him :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Return to “Shane Dawson”