Catrific-How To Lose Friendships And Be Irrelevant (Part 3)

beachy
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Catrific-How To Lose Friendships And Be Irrelevant (Part

Post by beachy »

Thank goodness. She worked for a startup years ago and that ended badly so we’ll see how this great new job pans out.

Cheeseandpickles
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Cheeseandpickles »

IDK why she'd make a video when she doesn't even know if the job will work out yet.

Emily2424
Debater
Debater

Post by Emily2424 »

the last time I heard she was going back to college or Univerisity to persue Psychology or something like that. Is she still in School ??? how can she afford that

spaceunicorn
Learner
Learner

Post by spaceunicorn »

honestly it sucks so much to see these youtubers aggressively advertising their new puppy (also makes me think of nick from the scran line) and then getting rid of them a year later without disclosing the reason. it sucks when you have to get rid o lf your dog and it has to be done so pubicly, but you’re not setting a great example by getting a cute lil puppy and then getting rid of them when they get difficult.

i guess it’s better to rehome them to a suitable home than to just keep them in the backyard at all times like supermaryface though. none of those things are any good. stop getting puppies, youtubers

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

You can't survive on youtube when you have no personality.

TheStubborn
Learner
Learner

Post by TheStubborn »

She’s been around YouTubers since 2009 if she makes videos spilling the beans about YouTubers (because she does not need to worry about her career as YouTuber anymore) she will have millions of views :rofl:

niki900
Informer
Informer

Post by niki900 »

So as per her new video, the startup ended up dropping her from her position before she even started (after they consulted her on some things).
Seems like she's being used and dumped just like she was on YouTube.

beachy
Informer
Informer

Post by beachy »

beachy wrote:Thank goodness. She worked for a startup years ago and that ended badly so we’ll see how this great new job pans out.
Just quoting myself here. She really needs to get on the ball and not put all of her eggs in one basket. If she’s serious about having a career, it’s going to take a LOT of work getting job leads and lining up opportunities. She seems so lazy and seems lost that this one job didn’t work out. Obviously she had no career-centric plan b so here she is back on YouTube, her life’s plan b forever.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I quit youtube (actually just gonna do it part time/every so often)

Why didn't vidcon invite me this year???? (Um, because you said you weren't a youtuber anymore?)

I got fired before I started my job (actually it just means you weren't hired)

Did she not sign a contract??? I mean she seemed to be consulting with the owner for at least a month and before that discussed with the owner a month about her position INCLUDING where she would live which means she may have been planning to move.

And lol at how she said, "I'm so transparent"

All I remember about this woman was how damn thirsty she was to be Joey Graceffa's beard.

lpkid
Talker
Talker

Post by lpkid »

I haven't watched Cat in years and her videos about her job popped up and wow... I genuinely feel bad for her. How does she support herself? There's no way her YT provides enough income.

niki900
Informer
Informer

Post by niki900 »

How stupid do you have to be to just sit around for months because you 'have a job lined up' when you hadn't even signed anything????????

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

For some reason, YouTube put her "i was fired" video in my recommended. I haven't even thought of this girl since the vlogvetica days. Which big YouTubers is she glomming onto nowadays?

Haitian101+
Talker
Talker

Post by Haitian101+ »

Her Vidcon video completely disgusted me. Does she not know how irrelevant she is? I'm surprised that Vidon even accommodated her for as long as they did. Like others have said, she's only slightly known because of her collabs with other people. I don't even know how she got all these A-list YouTubers to collab with her in the first place. I guess being an "OG" gave her A LOT of leverage back in the day. She's been able to skate by for soooooo long, and it's given her such a big head. Her entire social media presence is so bland. Bland YouTube videos, bland Instagram pictures, bland tweets. And her ratios are even worse. She has 600,000 subscribers but gets as low as 5,000 views on some videos. She also has 200,000 followers on Instagram but is getting anywhere from 1,000 to 6,000 likes on her pictures. She's should be getting at least 20,000 likes on each photo.

If I were her, I'd do a complete rebranding. She's said that she doesn't get sponsorships anymore, so her online presence is giving her practically nothing at this point. It looks bad to have such terrible ratios and so many dead followers. She can't even ask her old "friends" for collabs, because it would be completely obvious that she's trying to mooch off them. She should create an entirely new channel, a new Twitter, and a new Instagram. She could push over her followers that are still active to her new accounts. Once she did that, she would need to seriously update her editing skills and online personality. I could see her going the Safiya Nygaard route. Safiya has such a boring personality to me, but those simple, easily consumed, Buzzfeed-y videos get her SOOO many views. People don't watch Safiya for her personality, they watch to see her buy useless things, try useless hacks, and do useless challenges. I could see Cat succeeding if she tried to mimic Safiya and other Buzzfeed-y YouTubers. Other than that, I don't know what angle she could take. She's just... so boring.

UseMyCode
Informer
Informer

Post by UseMyCode »

watching her "I got fired" video... girl until the ink is dry on a contract you don't have a job. especially in tech and ESPECIALLY in startups of any sort when cash flows are irregular. She sat around banking on a verbal offer and is now butthurt because they changed their mind. They probably came across her youtube videos of her bitching. Yes it's shitty of them to do but it happens a lot Cat u aint special, the video is the worst pity party ever. a normal person wouldnt be "dragging their feet" for 2 months while waiting for a nonexistent job without a formal offer to start. she needs to grow up. damn

UseMyCode
Informer
Informer

Post by UseMyCode »

Also she posted a poker video to her gaming channel with 23k subscribers and it's gotten less than 800 views. Since APRIL. Her subscribers are abandoned 2008 youtube accounts. Her captive audience is about 2000. Dumpster fire. I feel bad for her

rooibostree
Informer
Informer

Post by rooibostree »

Her newest video about getting fired is all the negative stereotypes about millennials all in one, and it's frustrating when I'm a millennial and I see these stereotypes reinforced

1. The ENTITLEMENT. No one owes you a job. Just like the vidcon thing, she thinks she's owed the world just because she exists. She thinks she deserves VIP treatment and deserves to be flown out etc. Newsflash, no one owes you anything.

2. The lack of awareness. Like someone says, unless the ink is dry on the contract, you do not have a job. You can start your first day on the job, and you still might not have a job. You can be 3 months or 10 years in a job, and your job is STILL NOT GUARANTEED. Why? Because you have a boss and they determine your fate. You can be 10 years in a job with a mortgage and a baby on the way, and your job can still be pulled from underneath you. When you are someone's employee, you are in the hands of someone else and they can decide to take back that job if they want to. It's just business. A startup wants to focus on software engineers first? That is completely valid! Usually the IT side is focused on first to build the foundation of a startup. In most companies, the social media side is the last thing they focus on. She's an idiot for thinking she is so important.

3. The OVERSHARING. When she wasn't offered the job, she immediately shared it on social media whining and complaining. Doesn't she know that this reflects badly on her? When her future employers do a Google search on her, they can see that she's previously aired out her dirty laundry online and will not hire her to avoid a shitstorm if things don't go her way. That's why in interviews, you should NEVER talk shit about your previous employers, because it makes them think you will do that to them too. Some things should be kept off social media, but of course Cat doesn't know anything about that.

So she applied for 1 job and didn't get it? Boohoo cry me a river. People apply for HUNDREDS of jobs and don't get it. She's not a special case and doesn't deserve any pity for not getting a job. She waited TWO months just banking on this job? She quit youtube just waiting around for this? I'm sorry, that's just dumb. Nothing is guaranteed in life honey.

UseMyCode
Informer
Informer

Post by UseMyCode »

her byline on linkedin is "youtuber and social media influencer' so she is dumb if she thinks other potential jobs/recruiters won't go on her youtube channel and see her bitching about that job falling through/her attitude problem/her failing channel. and also she only went to college for 1 year in 2008 and clearly doesn't even know how to help her own channel and career. So whoever hired her as a social media consultant in 2018.... I have oceanfront property in Arizona i'd like to sell you!!!

seaotters
Talker
Talker

Post by seaotters »

She said she wants a community job because that's what she's used to doing, so why doesn't she volunteer? Why doesn't she work in a daycare or something?
She CAN find a job, and as someone earlier pointed out, she doesn't have to tell her following about it.

I do think it's unprofessional of her boss to tell her the last second instead of when the decision was made, but Cat also needs to realize it's ONE job. She shouldn't have invested so much into it before letting the company even start up. She can just look for another job.
:toad:

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper