Any good shampoo/conditioner suggestions?

ceedeezy
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any good shampoo/conditioner suggestions?

Post by ceedeezy »

I have really long, thick hair. It's also ombre'd so my ends are a bit dry and damaged. I've never dyed the rest of my hair so it is still virgin. I was my hair everyday, mostly with a clarifying shampoo because my roots get really oily. I recently started using deep repair masks for my ends and leave in conditioners but I was wondering if anyone has any good, preferably drugstore, suggestions of good brands or ones that have worked with someone with similar hair?

EDIT: I mostly just shampoo my scalp and try to only shampoo my roots about once a week. I got that tip from an old friend who was in cosmetology.

Nell
Informer
Informer

Re: Any good shampoo/conditioner suggestions?

Post by Nell »

I really love Organix shampoo and conditioners. My hair isn't very long, but it is thick and curly. I'm using the Keratin Organix right now, and my hair is SO soft.

Nadezhda
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nadezhda »

I'd also like to know some good shampoos... Nothing works for my hair. Conditioners are fine,though.

I've used the organix coconut shampoo & conditioner, & it did not fare well at all. I'd be nervous to try anything else from them...

Some conditioners I really like are the yes to carrots & yes to tomatoes conditioners. They're really good at detangling.

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

I second Organix products. The Moroccan Argan oil line smells amazing (it smells so good I had to get the body wash and lotion and dry oil spray). And I also love the coconut line as well. I feel like they do a good job of washing my hair without leaving a lot of product buildup.

laurie
Debater
Debater

Post by laurie »

for chemically damaged ends, i use the aussie's 3 minute miracle deep conditioner twice a week. it's pretty cheap too, around US$4.

but, avoid using it too near the scalp because it will make it oily fast.

mskarasha
Learner
Learner

Post by mskarasha »

I have long, dry, thick, curly hair.

First, look for very gentle shampoos. Even better if you find something sulfate free! I know you're asking for drug store brands and I can't reference any. However, Carol's Daughter Monoi Collection is sulfate free and I feel that it has a good pricing (for a higher end brand).

I personally try to wash my hair as little as possible. When I do shampoo, I focus ONLY on my scalp. This technique helped me prolong time between washes.

Also, look for leave in conditioners or creams that are nourishing to your hair post shower! Think constantly about nourishing your hair :)
Image Image

pnnylne
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pnnylne »

ceedeezy wrote:I have really long, thick hair. It's also ombre'd so my ends are a bit dry and damaged. I've never dyed the rest of my hair so it is still virgin. I was my hair everyday, mostly with a clarifying shampoo because my roots get really oily. I recently started using deep repair masks for my ends and leave in conditioners but I was wondering if anyone has any good, preferably drugstore, suggestions of good brands or ones that have worked with someone with similar hair?

EDIT: I mostly just shampoo my scalp and try to only shampoo my roots about once a week. I got that tip from an old friend who was in cosmetology.

I would try a protein treatment for the ends. I dyed my hair auburn and it broke really badly. So I started incorporating a protein treatment with a deep condition follow up and the result was stronger hair that wasn't breaking. You can purchase protein treatments at a local beauty supply or DIY. Just take an egg or a little mayo and apply it to the hair, leave it in for a few minutes, shampoo it out with a moisturizing shampoo and follow with a deep conditioner.

hustle rose~
Informer
Informer

Post by hustle rose~ »

L'Oreal Vive Pro for dry hair is my favorite shampoo and conditioner. The one in the yellow bottle.
It makes my hair super soft and it smells great.

crew96
Learner
Learner

Post by crew96 »

I've tried everything from highend, to salon, to drugstore...but my most recent purchase has proven to be a HG! I have long, dry, brunette hair. It isn't thick, but I have a ton of it.

I started using Dove Intense Therapy and omg! it's amazing. Really worked wondered on my split ends.

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oxprincessxo »

I like L'oreal EverCreme. Scent is very strongly vanilla-y, but it works so well! Not the cream cleanser, just the normal shampoo and conditioner. No sulfates have been awesome for my hair. I follow with the Organix light penetrating oil, it really nourishes my hair without it being greasy. My hair is super crazy thick (to the point where I have never had someone touch my hair and comment on its thickness; I've had two different people cut my hair and say it's the thickest they've ever cut.) It's about midback, just for reference.

Chelsea
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelsea »

Morrocan oil moisture repair shampoo and conditioner - sulphate free

grey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by grey »

One of my friends is a stylist trained through Toni & Guy and Vidal Sassoon has always told me that people make the mistake of spending all this money on high end shampoos and it's not necessary. Shampoos are designed to strip your hair so generally any shampoo will do. The important part (according to my friend) is spending the money on a good conditioner. She recommends the Aveda line.

grey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by grey »

Also the Kiehl's line is pretty good too.

MessyTea
Informer
Informer

Post by MessyTea »

I know this is old but I just realized there was a "hair" forum. What I suggest is using sulfate free shampoos (the sulfate is salt) which will not strip your hair of the natural oils. Then you won't have to wash your hair every day. Which is the worst thing you can do for your hair btw.You could use dry shampoo on the scalp if you get that oily on a daily basis. Only condition the ends so you don't get build up on your scalp. Deep condition is a must if you are washing your hair so much. Also, if you are using a lot of heat on your hair, make sure you use a heat protectant. Hope this helps.

SpiritedFlame
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SpiritedFlame »

Biolage Matrix is my favourite. I used the colour one but there are a lot of different options to choose from.

finally_fedup
Lurker
Lurker

Post by finally_fedup »

Love loeal hair expertise - mainly because it's Sulphate free so seems to maintain my colour. I also use hair oil on the ends too to try to keep my lightened ends smooth.,

kwokma
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kwokma »

My favorite shampoo and conditioner is the botanist. It makes my hair so soft and smells so nice.

Gardar
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Gardar »

9 15-05-2014 12:53
Now we can get many kinds of synthetic products in the market but they are all have a major problem that is sideeffects but in case of natural products you don’t have to worry about it. Thats why i am thinking you can use olive oil,coconut milk,Aloe vera,honey that kinds of products they are also very easily available in the market and they are better for your hair then other products.

aishaalfalasi777
Stalker
Stalker

Post by aishaalfalasi777 »

Hello,
For a dry scalp, choose a sulfate-free shampoo with moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera or tea tree oil. Use a hydrating conditioner with shea butter or argan oil. Limit washing, avoid hot water, and consider weekly deep conditioning for added moisture.

Return to “Hair Care”