London Lipgloss/ZoZo London

Peetwee
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: London Lipgloss/ZoZo London

Post by Peetwee »

Yeah, deffo. I think she's capable of creating genuinely 'different' content but her constant need to remind us that she's 'alternative' or 'looked over because she doesn't fit the mould' is exhausting. At the end of the day, she's posing on an inflatable - who hasn't or won't post that on instagram this Summer?! I'd rather she just got on with her content and stopped constantly seeking validation in the wrong places.

Also, moaning when she got sunburnt (duh) and then when her luggage got lost (why wouldn't you have your glasses with you in your hand luggage?) - can she not look after herself without George?

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

How many times is she going to show us how she dyes her hair purple?

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

As much as I feel for her on her wedding dress situation. What did she expect? When you Google the brand there are NO reviews (that I could find anyway), and if she was having a hassle sending over her measurements and had already cried over it one time, why did she continue to push to use that brand? There were red flags from the beginning. Also, WHO risks buying a wedding dress online? She lives in London for Christ's sake, there's probably so many beautiful bridal shops nearby. She was taking a massive risk in my opinion just for the sake of using an indie brand... I get it, they suck and as a business they should be ashamed of their customer service and dodgy products, but if there's no reviews floating around it's not worth the risk at all...

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

^^ I had no idea what was happening with her dress! That's such a shame! It seems they have a London showroom though? And there are reviews on that? But crikey you definitely don't expect that from a wedding brand!!

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

bitchesbelike wrote:^^ I had no idea what was happening with her dress! That's such a shame! It seems they have a London showroom though? And there are reviews on that? But crikey you definitely don't expect that from a wedding brand!!
Oh I didn't see anything about that! On her Twitter she said she found the brand via pinterest and has had the dress shipped from another country (america presumably), which is why I think it's such a giant risk! It is a shame, and I feel for her, but what a risk to take :?

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheChemist »

Moaning about having to work so hard to fund her wedding and how difficult it’s been. Maybe don’t get married in LA and you wouldn’t be having this problem?!

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

TheChemist wrote:Moaning about having to work so hard to fund her wedding and how difficult it’s been. Maybe don’t get married in LA and you wouldn’t be having this problem?!
OH MY GOD. Image

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

Exactly! She could've had a beautiful budget wedding if her funds are that low. Or maybe wait longer than 12 months after the engagement and save up some money?

wattm017-318
Learner
Learner

Post by wattm017-318 »

Her latest insta story - she's such a beg!

'Working really hard on making my insta feed as good as possible atm so it would mean the world to me if you could hit the notification bell, left a lil comment (I try to reply to all..!!) or told your friends or whatever! Your support means the world but Instagram is super tough atm so I'd appreciate any extra love you can throw my way if possible! You the best.'

Has it ever occurred to her that people just aren't as interested in her content as she thinks they should be? Why would anyone turn notifications on for her over the countless other people with better feeds? (I wouldn't turn notifications on for anyone but still). Also no one cares that she's working hard on it, so is every other blogger, hard work doesn't entitle her to 'engagement' or else countless smaller bloggers would be miles ahead of the game. There are other bloggers working with huge clothing brands and she's shelling McDonalds and expecting people to be just as interested!

It really seems like she's obsessing over the numbers. A very small minority of this instagram/blogging sphere are interested in alternative fashion and music aka her entire content. She needs to accept that she's working within a niche market and therefore she won't have the same engagement as someone doing generic fashion/beauty but own it! The constant begging and feeling sorry for herself is getting old and turns me off her content even more because why would I want to watch someone be incredibly privileged going on multiple incredible trips to California, and then complain about flying economy class and struggling to pay a mortgage?

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

yup! and maybe even the begging for follows and more engagement with her posts is actually turning people off her? No one likes someone who is never happy with what they have :?

Plus whenever these people give tips on how to get into the Youtube or Instagram game they all say the same damn thing "don't concentrate on the followers, don't do it for the money" Well sorry sis but that shit applies to you too.

Stop focusing so much on growth growth growth and maybe it'll actually happen for you.

You can only blame the algorithm for so much. Maybe your content is just... stale?

Leanne Lim Walker is complaining about the same thing, instagram algorithm hiding her posts and whatnot, but maybe people are over the 2012 indie with pastel hair trend and so aren't engaging with their content so for THAT reason instagram is only showing their posts to people that are more likely to engage with it.

Zoe can bitch all she wants about having a "small" following. She's wrong. She's got a medium size following throwing out mediocre content and then complaining when thousands more people don't flock to her. It's tired :roll:

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

If she wants to grow an audience that badly, she needs to start evolving and adapting. As people have said, the alt-image she goes for is very niche and a lot of people have outgrown that phase in their life, and it's simply not fashionable anymore. Tons of alt bloggers accept it as a niche and are grateful for their following because they know the majority of girls outgrew that image and it's simply not appealing in what's trending right now. She'd have to either sell out or branch out to get an influx of new followers.

I do find her to be very cringe as well, and I don't think that helps. Like, I've seen her in videos doing the whole party-girl image thing where she's "dancing", blowing kisses etc and I'm like, girl no. In her stories the other day when she posted herself dancing, it was meant to be funny but I personally found it cringe.

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

Double posting but isn't this chick nearly 30 or passed 30? How did she only just today learn that adjusting your bra straps makes the bra...fit better... How has she been comfortably wearing bras for all of this time? :?

silentcritique
Lurker
Lurker

Post by silentcritique »

complaining again on Instagram about not being invited to events
bore off chick, you still get sent abroad with brands all the time, a better life than most

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

Thing is, I can understand being upset. But it's very unprofessional to rant about it where the people who work for these brands can see.
Just moan to your friends but remain professional.

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

Two things

1) About the being invited to events - as soon as I saw this I cringed REALLY hard. I'm about to unfollow her actually, because I cba with all of the complaining. She's the most miserable blogger/youtuber going. If you want to expand an audience and expand your opportunities then put MORE work in, because her last few videos have been lazy and she even said so herself that she's neglected her blog. 50% effort = less opportunities, obviously.

2) How many times is this chick going to say BiG HaIR RevEAL guYS! for it to be something she's already done a million times before.

orangesocks182
Lurker
Lurker

Post by orangesocks182 »

Did she really make a massive deal out of her hair for ages, for it to be pretty much the same as it was before ffs ?!? Literally looks the same purple with pink highlights :rofl: :rofl:

Peetwee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Peetwee »

orangesocks182 wrote:Did she really make a massive deal out of her hair for ages, for it to be pretty much the same as it was before ffs ?!? Literally looks the same purple with pink highlights :rofl: :rofl:
I came here for these comments as nobody was clocking it in her instagram comments... I don't get it! How much will that have cost with the extensions too?!

orangesocks182
Lurker
Lurker

Post by orangesocks182 »

Have you seen her latest insta story and how much she is editing her hair colour to make it look pink when it’s actually purple ?!? And her tagged photos from her iron maiden gig with Helen Anderz it literally looks the same as before :rofl:

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

She is so annoying when it comes to her ~MASSIVE hair TRANSforMATIONs111!!!!~ cause she hasn't done anything different in years.

I'd actually like to see her go brunette, the whole grebby pastel hair thing is such a miss nowadays.

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

For someone who gets ZERO opportunities and is always missing out, loads of brands sure have sent her loads of wedding things and Heathrow Airport sure have been generous with her :roll:

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”