Black Beauty Gurus

Black Beauty Gurus

Post by Guest »

Thought it would be cool to have a general Rave+Trash thread for gurus :)

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Black Beauty Gurus

Post by manged »

Nice!

I'm in the look out for recommendations. Who are y'alls faves?

Post by Guest »

Atm I’m really into Ellarie- I’m suprised she isnt in the 1 mill subscribers range her makeup is on point, unlike some pple who can’t blend *cough cough * Jackie*.

There’s the usual crowd- i.e. Jennie Jenkins, Shirley B, Nikki Perkins, chic natural, Alissa— ok she’s hella boring but I reference her videos alot for techniques.
Other smaller/ not as popular channels i like
MissKenK- also her hair is always poppin
Too much mouth,
styles by fash
Face over matter.
Tiara Monet
Nappyheadedjojoba
Msvaughntv

Post by Guest »

It crazy how much weigh Shirley B gained. Like, whoa, I lowkey wonder if she got on birth control. It suits her tho, she looks like her mom.

AmenAmen91
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AmenAmen91 »

I'm readddddyy *Tiffany Hadish voice*

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Youtubers ain't sht, but ho's and tricks. -- Fat Zoella

Post by Guest »

That's a wonderful idea

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

Great idea, i honestly dont know enough black gurus

AmenAmen91
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by AmenAmen91 »

Why is so difficult for Black gurus/ YouTubers etc to make bank???

Like ffs this world

Youtubers ain't sht, but ho's and tricks. -- Fat Zoella

Post by Guest »

Okay so I'm not sure where to begin but a lot of the black gurus have so many ad breaks in their videos it's highway robbery :|

Post by Guest »

AmenAmen91 wrote:Why is so difficult for Black gurus/ YouTubers etc to make bank???

Like ffs this world

The truth is that non-black people aren't interested in black gurus and I feel like most black gurus are either good but underrepresented or money hungry as I mentioned in my previous post

MzWAddams
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MzWAddams »

I like Nyma Tang and Youkeyy
"I'll clean my room. In exchange for your immortal soul."

Post by Guest »

Nyma is really chill

Post by Guest »

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think the girl who does cocoa swatches is a bit slow :|

Post by Guest »

CinnamonBun wrote:I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think the girl who does cocoa swatches is a bit slow :|
Who?

Post by Guest »

Le sigh wrote:
CinnamonBun wrote:I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think the girl who does cocoa swatches is a bit slow :|
Who?

The owner of the website cocoa swatches

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

So I've been looking for a thread for Lydia Dinga on here or lipstickally and can't find anything. I discovered here when she had well under 20k and was working for the UN. 2/3 years ago her content started to change and eventually I unfollowed. But i still check in now and again and have a few questions

Where did Emmanuel go? Did she swap him with coach T?

For all the exercising she does she's not in great shape. She definitely lost weight last year but has put some of it back on an I was watching an old work out vid (2016) and she was much much smaller. Like its gym/gym/gym but she doesn't look like she works out

n0seyneighbour
Debater
Debater

Post by n0seyneighbour »

I'm late but here goes lol ..

Lydia Dinga - I like her but her drunk-capades could be kept for IG
- her pushing "Tedshredfitness" is annoying
- her energy comes off as she likes him/wants him/has banged him on some videos while he's always really not here for it . .he's in his 40s if I remember correctly so maybe that's why .. but still , she should tone it down ..
- I liked her more when she had a job and wasn't like every other Internet person
- I hate those cycling things she wears on nights out
- she should stop sharing these gym/fitness things .. no one is perfect but not everything needs to be put out there ..she's in the gym in almost every vlog but there she is going up and down in her weight, all the alcohol can't be good for dieting , look at Shayla, smh

But I do like her overall. .

MakeupShayla- idk if she has a thread but she might be too boring for a thread .. it's 2019 and she's still not engaged despite announcing publicly that it would be done last December and she still moved Les in to her home and built him a closet . I was like Shayla "Les not" how desperate are you sis??
- she's boring and her dislike for Fenty/Black owned brands is so obvious with her "I'm half Norwegian" headass.. how can black people win when black people like her constantly uplift people who cosplay and rip off black culture while downing fellow blacks?? Smh, no wonder her wigs don't look good, her style is tacky and her make up makes her look like a man with that harsh contour she's always doing and those annoying sounds. .
She's annoying but she looks good without make up, she seems to take care of her skin unlike some people ..
Her butt looks faker now that she's lost weight ..

Estarelive - she doesn't seem to like YT all that much anymore and her posts are really random nw.. I used to like her old fashion videos though .. I guess IG is where the money is

I wish she'd keep her bf and his neck down/blurred face off her channel. . We don't want to see your man is you don't want to show him ..it's funny how she gets so pissy about it.. YOU decided to put him on video and blur his face out, sis . You could have left him out , we're perfectly happy with Coco, Abigail and them .. smh

torielise
Lurker
Lurker

Post by torielise »

This is an old post, and I'm just starting out but if you guys would want to subscribe to your "friendly neighborhood black wannabe guru" my channel is Tori Seyoma <3

Other than that I'm in love with Kimberly Cherrell right now!
For better or worse I started making my own videos :D

Please subscribe to Tori Seyoma on YouTube <3

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”