Bratayley: Operation Free Hayley (Part 9)

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley: Operation Free Hayley (Part 9)

Post by keliza »

Annie's homeschool program allows kids to retake quizzes and tests multiple times to ensure they have "learned" the material. So even if she isn't looking stuff up or getting help, of course she can get good grades even if she just memorizes answers then immediately forgets.

Red99
Informer
Informer

Post by Red99 »

There seems to be a lot of tragedy in this family, I see the girls also had a young cousin who passed away like Caleb did at a very young age.

Also so called Annie fans are so disrespectful, the amount of comments saying “we thought this was Caleb or isn’t Caleb’s birthday in July” - how about read the message and it clearly states David.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Red99 wrote:There seems to be a lot of tragedy in this family, I see the girls also had a young cousin who passed away like Caleb did at a very young age.

Also so called Annie fans are so disrespectful, the amount of comments saying “we thought this was Caleb or isn’t Caleb’s birthday in July” - how about read the message and it clearly states David.
What is even more tragic is that the coroner ruled David's death a suicide. The family still says it was "accidental". Either way, it's horrific.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Bahahaha. I am listening to an 80's station and "Never Gonna Give You Up" just came on. Now I can't not think of Annie and her blanket!

Red99
Informer
Informer

Post by Red99 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Red99 wrote:There seems to be a lot of tragedy in this family, I see the girls also had a young cousin who passed away like Caleb did at a very young age.

What is even more tragic is that the coroner ruled David's death a suicide. The family still says it was "accidental". Either way, it's horrific.

Wow, I assumed it was due to the family have that heart defect that another one of them had died. That’s so dark.

Red99
Informer
Informer

Post by Red99 »

My last post won’t let me edit it. I wanted to say in the UK ( I don’t know if it’s different in the U.S) if he had not deliberately committed suicide then the cause of death would be something like “death by misadventure”. So the fact it’s down as that would indicate it was not a accident.

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

lmmomSD wrote:Bahahaha. I am listening to an 80's station and "Never Gonna Give You Up" just came on. Now I can't not think of Annie and her blanket!

Ha! Another reason she couldn't go to regular school. The blanket would not go over well in 7th grade social studies.

I think the embarrassment of having it vlogged about would be enough to get me to stop. Imagine looking back on that when you are 18 or 22 and seeing how many people watched a 13.5 year old you sniff your baby blanket on camera.

The fact that she has been using it so much especially outside of bed suggests that her life is too stressful (lack of schedule, too much social media, too much travel, lack of exercise and nutrition, being a performer without the skill, unstable social life, etc) and that she doesn't have alternative and more age appropriate methods of coping. If the situation doesn't improve and/or she doesn't learn healthy ways of self regulating she runs the risk of turning to things much more harmful than a blankie. Especially in LA where kids are racing to be "mature" well before they are.

earthcrosser
Learner
Learner

Post by earthcrosser »

montsecll6 wrote: I went to Annie's ig to see if she'd been invited and, call me a prude, but that selfie with her lips puckered up is not appropiate at all.
What exactly is inappropriate about that picture? I'm not one to defend the girl, but it seems like a boring, everyday selfie to me.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Interesting that the blanket sniffing topic was brought back up. So I asked my friend who also has a degree in psychology what might be the reason she does that. Actually her sister who is 21 does a similar thing. So she said that it’s due to a lack of comforting as a child that you grow attached to other things. Like as kids we know the smell of our moms and it’s comforting. Though many kids have blankets as little kids we give them up naturally because we get comfort from our parents. But attachments like Annie’s stem from that lack of comfort. Basically, her parents didn’t give her enough comfort and support as a kid so she grew an attachment to that blanket and now it’s become a habit and source of comfort for her to sniff that blanket. Are we shocked by this discovery that katie and Billy didn’t give Annie enough comfort? But then again, neither Hayley or Caleb had any type of comfort blanket attachment. Hayley has basically teased Annie by saying she doesn’t need a baby blanket to sleep with in like a mockery of Annie cause she does. What do you guys think?

Megahump
Learner
Learner

Post by Megahump »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:Interesting that the blanket sniffing topic was brought back up. So I asked my friend who also has a degree in psychology what might be the reason she does that. Actually her sister who is 21 does a similar thing. So she said that it’s due to a lack of comforting as a child that you grow attached to other things. Like as kids we know the smell of our moms and it’s comforting. Though many kids have blankets as little kids we give them up naturally because we get comfort from our parents. But attachments like Annie’s stem from that lack of comfort. Basically, her parents didn’t give her enough comfort and support as a kid so she grew an attachment to that blanket and now it’s become a habit and source of comfort for her to sniff that blanket. Are we shocked by this discovery that katie and Billy didn’t give Annie enough comfort? But then again, neither Hayley or Caleb had any type of comfort blanket attachment. Hayley has basically teased Annie by saying she doesn’t need a baby blanket to sleep with in like a mockery of Annie cause she does. What do you guys think?
Honestly, that would be shocking. Annie has been the clear favourite from the earliest videos to today.

But then again, maybe it’s because Mr. Billy was away so much in the navy when Annie was very young, which would also explain how clingy she was with him (I don’t watch anymore, so I’m not sure if that is still the case).

Megahump
Learner
Learner

Post by Megahump »

For those that still watch, does Mr. Billy still do that baby-talk voice of his? That was getting out of control when I quit watching last year. So disturbing listening to a 40 year old man talk like a 3 year old girl... “Dat widdle, itty-bitty, baibee wabit is sooooo cute.” That crap gave me nightmares. Can’t imagine Katie ever feeling sexual attraction towards him again after hearing that.

waterynames
Talker
Talker

Post by waterynames »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:Interesting that the blanket sniffing topic was brought back up. So I asked my friend who also has a degree in psychology what might be the reason she does that. Actually her sister who is 21 does a similar thing. So she said that it’s due to a lack of comforting as a child that you grow attached to other things. Like as kids we know the smell of our moms and it’s comforting. Though many kids have blankets as little kids we give them up naturally because we get comfort from our parents. But attachments like Annie’s stem from that lack of comfort. Basically, her parents didn’t give her enough comfort and support as a kid so she grew an attachment to that blanket and now it’s become a habit and source of comfort for her to sniff that blanket. Are we shocked by this discovery that katie and Billy didn’t give Annie enough comfort? But then again, neither Hayley or Caleb had any type of comfort blanket attachment. Hayley has basically teased Annie by saying she doesn’t need a baby blanket to sleep with in like a mockery of Annie cause she does. What do you guys think?
I don't think it's lack of comforting as a child. Now we see Katie as a less than ideal mother, but before Caleb passed I think she was a good mother that cared a lot for her kids, so I don't think Annie lacked comfort, especially given that she's always been the golden child. Actually, I don't recall Annie using that blanket as often as she does now; she basically used it at night. She started to use it all the time after Caleb passed, and I think she would have given it up completely by now had that not happened. Losing her brother was something that she obviously didn't know how to handle so she became attached to the things that she found comforting at the time. After that, when her life was getting back on track, she said she'd only use it in her room and, as I remember, for a while it seemed as if she was starting to not depend on it as much. The problem now, I think, is that her life's changed so much that the only thing that's remained constant is that blanket; it's the only thing that brings her back home, to where everything was familiar and her brother was still with her. I also think that the fact that she doesn't mind being filmed with it is an indication of how much she depends on it. Her stress levels must be so high that she really feels she needs it and that need is superior to every other feeling, including embarrassment.

I also think she's always had a predisposition to this kind of compulsive behaviour because she's a very anxious person. For her, sniffing that blanket is like biting your nails, or emotional eating. I think for her to give up the blanket she'd have to have a stable life, and a comfortable environment where she felt safe and confident. As long as she's insecure, she'll need reassurance. And maybe now it's true she doesn't get that from her parents because they're only interested in keeping their luxurious life going no matter what she feels. Has anybody told Annie she can still go back to her old life if she wants to? That it's totally OK and nobody is going to think any less of her if she does. I don't think she has anyone with whom to talk sincerely and without pressures. Everyone that surrounds her is somehow interested in her continuing to do what she's doing. This family has lost all ability to communicate truthfully amongst themselves and with others and so, in one way or another, I think none of them is truly happy with the life they're leading. It's sad.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

waterynames wrote:
I don't think it's lack of comforting as a child. Now we see Katie as a less than ideal mother, but before Caleb passed I think she was a good mother that cared a lot for her kids, so I don't think Annie lacked comfort, especially given that she's always been the golden child. Actually, I don't recall Annie using that blanket as often as she does now; she basically used it at night. She started to use it all the time after Caleb passed, and I think she would have given it up completely by now had that not happened. Losing her brother was something that she obviously didn't know how to handle so she became attached to the things that she found comforting at the time. After that, when her life was getting back on track, she said she'd only use it in her room and, as I remember, for a while it seemed as if she was starting to not depend on it as much. The problem now, I think, is that her life's changed so much that the only thing that's remained constant is that blanket; it's the only thing that brings her back home, to where everything was familiar and her brother was still with her. I also think that the fact that she doesn't mind being filmed with it is an indication of how much she depends on it. Her stress levels must be so high that she really feels she needs it and that need is superior to every other feeling, including embarrassment.

I also think she's always had a predisposition to this kind of compulsive behaviour because she's a very anxious person. For her, sniffing that blanket is like biting your nails, or emotional eating. I think for her to give up the blanket she'd have to have a stable life, and a comfortable environment where she felt safe and confident. As long as she's insecure, she'll need reassurance. And maybe now it's true she doesn't get that from her parents because they're only interested in keeping their luxurious life going no matter what she feels. Has anybody told Annie she can still go back to her old life if she wants to? That it's totally OK and nobody is going to think any less of her if she does. I don't think she has anyone with whom to talk sincerely and without pressures. Everyone that surrounds her is somehow interested in her continuing to do what she's doing. This family has lost all ability to communicate truthfully amongst themselves and with others and so, in one way or another, I think none of them is truly happy with the life they're leading. It's sad.
I think you are spot on. And that if Caleb hadn't died, she would have long since given up that blanket.

Baconsgirl2
Learner
Learner

Post by Baconsgirl2 »

I love how no one in the comments of the Mani show knows the blond girl is from Good Luck Charlie. . Shows how old these kids are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark
Informer
Informer

Post by Mark »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:Some of you guys are even too hardcore for me. Supposedly Annie makes all A’s with the occasional B. So either she is cheating, getting it done for her, or she is just really smart but hates doing it. I can’t figure out which. My thing isn’t even that she needs to sit up and do it, but just do it so you can have conversations with people about stuff other than makeup and Instagram filters. Not everyone is gonna wanna sit and have superficial conversations about YouTube videos and what outfit you should wear for your next photo shoot for Instagram. I would say I relate to Annie a lot more than most of you guys do. If I was homeschooled, that photo would have been my life. The more I could get others to do it for me, the better. But my parents didn’t sit there and answer the questions or hold my hand while I did homework. It wasn’t until high school and college that I truly decided I wanted to take studying more serious and that had a lot to do with the influence of my best friend. By the time I got to college, I had made friends with people who were really intelligent (I dated a guy who went to get his masters in aerospace engineering at MIT on full scholarship. Imagine those conversations) I learned a lot from talking to them. Now I have grown to enjoy talking to others about stuff and learning more about them and why they feel certain ways on certain topics. Last night, I had a long conversation with my friend about Jesus and the apostle’s and people speaking in tongues and his views were much different than mine and it was interesting to sit there and talk to him about something that wasn’t just a surface level conversation. But I mean at 13, I was a lot more like Annie than most of you guys probably were and I think that’s why I can’t stand her. She is reliving my life except with manipulated fame hungry parents and money. But the lack of drive I see in her was me. I wanted it handed to me. I didn’t learn to work for it until I was older and that’s why I get so angry because it IS being handed to her and she’s being further fed that this is how life works and eventually that’s gonna go away and when’s gonna have to work for something, a job, a friendship, a relationship and she’s not really gonna understand why or even put in the effort cause it’s not what she is used to.
I think what you may be missing in our statements is that some of us are older than you and see things a bit differently. Also, Annie's parents aren't your typical middle class or even lower middle class parents. They're well to do parents. I think that's what aggravates many on here is how those parents allow this shit to go on in Annie's life/education when they literally have anything they want at a drop of the hat. Education is primo. Not to them.

In the end, it always goes back to $$$$ for Bully and Katie..... and how "cute" it is (whatever it is).

I watched an old vlog the other day when Annie was around 11 or so. It's amazing to see the difference from two years ago.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

waterynames wrote:

Interesting commentary. My first thought was exactly how I am with my doll that reminds me of someone who passed away. Before their death, I never had attachments to anything, I mean I had a favorite pillow I slept with, but this doll is more akin to Annie’s blanket. I am sure that Caleb’s death has a lot to do with the attachment. I didn’t watch the earlier episodes before his death, well I did but not like in depth pr study her behavior before and afterwards. I would say that annie does have unnatural attachments to people which is why anyone in their right mind should have screamed absolutely not in regards to fabricating a fake relationship using her when she already displayed unhealthy attachments to people. Her parents should know by now that hugging people for extra long or being an almost teenager and holding daddy’s hand or hugging him extra long or snuggling with him is not healthy. I mean idk what a normal relationship with a preteen and her father would look like because I didn’t have a good relationship with my dad ever in my life, but I don’t think that being 10,11,12 and still snuggling with daddy is really very healthy. Not too mention how she was with Katie when she was just gonna see her again in the morning. Part of me assumed it was an act that she put on because Mommy Katie thought it was just oh so precious how much they “loved” each other. Oddly enough, we don’t see Katie doing that with her friends now but Annie is still hanging all over Jayden like they are dating and calling each other besties and making best friend bucket lists and talking like they are gonna run off together in a few years. Idk it’s just interesting to see how different Katie D is now to how Annie is. There’s a very clear difference in maturity. I’m not sure either if this is something having to do with just who they are and how much is due to their upbringing? There’s a very clear family dynamic in Katie D’s family compared to Annie’s where Katie’s parents are very clear the parents and Annie’s mommy is still trying to be a teenager herself and be like her daughter which is going to prevent Annie from being able to mature.

Also while we here are rooting for her to find some normalcy, if Annie gave up acting and singing and moved back to Maryland to be a normal girl, you know for a fact all the children fans would be having coronary heart attacks and attacking her for that. It would not go over well.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

I don’t think katie should have brought up that Annie was giving up the blankey. For many thinks this would be fine, but at this point it is almost an addiction to Annie. It’s like a smoker or as someone said emotional eater going cold turkey. She needs to learn other coping strategies to take place of the blankey so that she doesn’t need it. Her sniffing it before putting it at the end of the bed shows she still “needs” the thing and isnt ready to give it up.

Katie said in a recent blog “I’m so excited for the new shows!! And I think Hayley and Annie would agree” wtf?! Did you even ask them if they were excited or just assume? I’m sure they never sit down with her and say “is this still what you really want?” Out of the two I actually think Hayley is enjoying all this more. She has real friends on Mani like Txunamy and seems to be having fun with it. Annie seems like the one who would be happier back home.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Mark wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:Some of you guys are even too hardcore for me. Supposedly Annie makes all A’s with the occasional B. So either she is cheating, getting it done for her, or she is just really smart but hates doing it. I can’t figure out which. My thing isn’t even that she needs to sit up and do it, but just do it so you can have conversations with people about stuff other than makeup and Instagram filters. Not everyone is gonna wanna sit and have superficial conversations about YouTube videos and what outfit you should wear for your next photo shoot for Instagram. I would say I relate to Annie a lot more than most of you guys do. If I was homeschooled, that photo would have been my life. The more I could get others to do it for me, the better. But my parents didn’t sit there and answer the questions or hold my hand while I did homework. It wasn’t until high school and college that I truly decided I wanted to take studying more serious and that had a lot to do with the influence of my best friend. By the time I got to college, I had made friends with people who were really intelligent (I dated a guy who went to get his masters in aerospace engineering at MIT on full scholarship. Imagine those conversations) I learned a lot from talking to them. Now I have grown to enjoy talking to others about stuff and learning more about them and why they feel certain ways on certain topics. Last night, I had a long conversation with my friend about Jesus and the apostle’s and people speaking in tongues and his views were much different than mine and it was interesting to sit there and talk to him about something that wasn’t just a surface level conversation. But I mean at 13, I was a lot more like Annie than most of you guys probably were and I think that’s why I can’t stand her. She is reliving my life except with manipulated fame hungry parents and money. But the lack of drive I see in her was me. I wanted it handed to me. I didn’t learn to work for it until I was older and that’s why I get so angry because it IS being handed to her and she’s being further fed that this is how life works and eventually that’s gonna go away and when’s gonna have to work for something, a job, a friendship, a relationship and she’s not really gonna understand why or even put in the effort cause it’s not what she is used to.
I think what you may be missing in our statements is that some of us are older than you and see things a bit differently. Also, Annie's parents aren't your typical middle class or even lower middle class parents. They're well to do parents. I think that's what aggravates many on here is how those parents allow this shit to go on in Annie's life/education when they literally have anything they want at a drop of the hat. Education is primo. Not to them.

In the end, it always goes back to $$$$ for Bully and Katie..... and how "cute" it is (whatever it is).

I watched an old vlog the other day when Annie was around 11 or so. It's amazing to see the difference from two years ago.
Yup. I remember when they went to Disney World a month or two before Caleb’s passing and they had to wake up at 3 am to catch their flight home (my guess is the flight is roughly an hour and a half from Orlando to Baltimore. Since the flight from Orlando to Boston was just under 2 hours). Katie asked if anyone was gonna sleep on the plane and Annie raised her hand then said she was gonna go to gymnastics when they got home and then go home nap and do school that night. It cuts to their house in the middle of the day and Annie and Hayley are sharing a beach chair doing school. You could see a very clear difference in her attitude back then. She didn’t whine or anything. But shortly after Caleb’s death, she began whining about school. But back on Maryland it seemed like she was doing school at the table or the bar, or somewhere where she was able to focus. It wasn’t until 6th grade when they switched front Abeka Academy to Bridgeway that Annie began laying on the couch to “do” school. It seems like Abeka is more lecture focused and Annie who has such a short attention span probably doesn’t get much out of lessons if all she is doing is listening to lecture after lecture for hours on end. Not everyone can learn from lectures only. Some kids need different learning styles and hands on stuff to help grasp concepts. Even if it’s asking fellow classmates to explain concepts to you because sometimes something your teacher explains you may not understand until someone else explains it differently and then all of a sudden you get it. But she’s only at the mercy of Katie and Billy to help her. Katie isn’t exactly a walking Wikipedia so she’s kinda not too good for help. Billy seems to be relatively intelligent, but he may not always be able to explain things in a way she understands. So it seems like she is getting held back because she’s not getting the same experiences other kids are getting. She is just listening to lectures all day. That may also be why she is getting through so many classes so quickly. Cause it may only consist of lecture, quiz, lecture, test, etc. she mentioned having to write a paper once, who grades that? She has to have connections to real life educators, right? I just don’t understand how she is getting away with just laying on the couch and staring at a screen is considered “getting an education”

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

earthcrosser wrote:
montsecll6 wrote: I went to Annie's ig to see if she'd been invited and, call me a prude, but that selfie with her lips puckered up is not appropiate at all.
What exactly is inappropriate about that picture? I'm not one to defend the girl, but it seems like a boring, everyday selfie to me.
To me, everything. Her pose, the lips sticking out, the make up... It'd be perfectly fine if she were twenty-somthing, but she's still thirteen. I know there's people her age doing much worse things, but I still don't find it appropiate.

Besides, some creep is already posting pictures of her (innocent ones but that can be taken the wrong way if you have a dirty mind) on tumblr. This one picture is intentionally "flirty" (for lack of a better word; english is not my first language) so just imagine this guy's reaction. Of course it's not Annie fault that they sexualize her while she's living her life, but when you such a large social media, you have to be careful with what you post because you never know who's watching. I'm sure there's several MiamiDans lurking in the shadows.

http://rick227.tumblr.com/tagged/annie-leblanc
I should probably be working...

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

The weird thing is that she looks still so much like a child and yet she’s dressing and posing in ways that I would be even mildly creeped out by a 16 yr old doing. But she’s 13 and you still see it. Yet she’s dressing in ways that sexualize the prepubescent body she has. Even that pic of her and Jayden on the Route 66 sign, her legs open just ever so slightly... yeesh. Creeps me out.

Return to “Bratayley”