SierraMarieMakeup

barbiegirl123
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SierraMarieMakeup

Post by barbiegirl123 »

I was SO IMPRESSED with her in this video! it takes a lot of guts to discuss something like that even though it is so normal! I bet she actually taught her 12 y/o viewers something: relationships take work, and nothing is like a fairytale!

side_eye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by side_eye »

I also felt empathy for her when she seemed to be getting teary talking about how she just doesn't want to disappoint anyone, doesn't want to burden her subscribers with any problems she may be having in her everyday life, and basically the pressure to put on a front of being "goals." She seemed to be getting really emotional talking about it. It made her seem so much more real and genuine, and if she reads here I wish she was like that in her videos more often. Everyone can tell when she's putting on a fake, bubbly personality.... she even said herself she's a quiet "turtle shell" person- and that's fine, then be that in your videos! it's better than faking it for ten minutes of a vlog. Idk. I like her more now after watching this and if she had more videos in the future like the one she posted yesterday i would actually watch more haha.

And about the Savage Squad thing, I think she handled that as best she could. As someone said, they created a whole brand with that "savage squad" stuff so she had to address it. I think that would be really hard to talk about, it's a fine line of sharing your side of things and not wanting to bash Mere when you think she's clearly going through something that's affecting all areas of her life. I don't think she was bashing Mere at all in the way she told the story. She just shared her perspective and even said that Mere has a perspective of her own I'm sure. Plus sometimes people just grow apart and that's fine too, that's life.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

Just bc they created this public friendship group does not mean they need to share everything, especially more personal and private problems. They're in control of the content and their fans need to stop being so entitled to their lives. It's one thing to want to know, it's another to thing you have a right to the information and people don't seem to see the distinction.

Aloo
Learner
Learner

Post by Aloo »

I too enjoyed the honesty and felt for Sierra. I however think it might have been better for Alex to have his own place or share with one of his other mates or even move back home vs. being so dependent on Sierra. That might have unconsciously caused some strain too. Of course they would still visit each other and spend periods together, but to me it would show if Alex is willing to grow up and work to look after himself too. YouTube isn't forever and they aren't getting as many views as Sierra mentioned the direction of YouTube has changed.

But also Sierra has bought this huge house and I can't imagine her living on her own with the cat and sporadic visits from Teala. Alex feels like a comfortable compromise, but I aways feel that aside from his good looks, Sierra doesn't feel wholly attracted to his personality or they are just so different, and might not have that much in common thus the fights in the past. She also doesn't seem to really connect with his friends or his sister or have any friends... in part coz of her private, quiet, turtle shell personality

I hope they truly love each other for more than good looks and a comfortable living arrangement. Those alone won't sustain a happy longlasting marriage. They are both too young to feel stuck in this relationship. Wish they were just dating and not engaged..

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Chloe_Bean wrote:Just bc they created this public friendship group does not mean they need to share everything, especially more personal and private problems. They're in control of the content and their fans need to stop being so entitled to their lives. It's one thing to want to know, it's another to thing you have a right to the information and people don't seem to see the distinction.
They don’t need to share every detail, hence why Sierra was tip toeing around what to say. The fact is they used the friendship to make gains with their subscribers and it was a business decision to make their friendship the way it is, so they need to make it clear why that business decision is no more - (while withholding too personal of details of course). It was their choice to create the savage squad, not their fans. I think Sierra understands this as well. Just like how she understood that because of how public she made her engagement and relationship to Alex, she had to explain at some point what was going on.

purplehazee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by purplehazee »

Chloe_Bean wrote:Just bc they created this public friendship group does not mean they need to share everything, especially more personal and private problems. They're in control of the content and their fans need to stop being so entitled to their lives. It's one thing to want to know, it's another to thing you have a right to the information and people don't seem to see the distinction.
^if you are shoving the whole "savage squad" down people's throat-talking about how youre the best of friends, and then one day everyone stops talking to M or vice versa people will wonder. That's like saying if one day Alex is gone and she refuses to talk/address it even though they have a vlog channel together.

aleclightwood
Informer
Informer

Post by aleclightwood »

We've hit 1000 posts so I made a new thread:

viewtopic.php?f=556&t=33697

Return to “Sierra Furtado”