Minks4All

Re: Minks4All

Post by Guest »

^^ It's definitely a problem and obsession because Minnie and the rest of them are on a hamster wheel that never stops unless they quit YouTube. Their channels exist and depend on content that requires them to buy more handbags on a consistent basis. Without that they don't exist. Which brings me to why they're probably making videos in the first place: they need the attention and validation they get from being on YT. Maybe it's not that deep -- Just my .02

:love2: :love2: :love2:

Post by Guest »

Maybe I’m a softie, but I feel sad for her. I know she’s not perfect and I am disappointed with her choices, but she never came across as snobbish like some other “luxury” Youtubers like Elle Florence or abrasive like Jerusha or Shea Whitney. And I can think of a couple fake youtubers I’ve stopped watching off the top of my head, but Minks isn’t one of them. When I say fake, I mean in attitude, not lifestyle, lol. ;)

I just wonder, when do they stop and think that enough is enough when it comes to their buying?

yaright
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by yaright »

adel220 wrote:Maybe I’m a softie, but I feel sad for her. I know she’s not perfect and I am disappointed with her choices, but she never came across as snobbish like some other “luxury” Youtubers like Elle Florence or abrasive like Jerusha or Shea Whitney. And I can think of a couple fake youtubers I’ve stopped watching off the top of my head, but Minks isn’t one of them. When I say fake, I mean in attitude, not lifestyle, lol. ;)

I just wonder, when do they stop and think that enough is enough when it comes to their buying?
I also feel sad for Minnie, I guess her priorities are different from the average person.

Does anyone have recommendations for Youtubers or Instagrammers that share their luxury purses and achievable outfits?

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

yaright wrote:
adel220 wrote:Maybe I’m a softie, but I feel sad for her. I know she’s not perfect and I am disappointed with her choices, but she never came across as snobbish like some other “luxury” Youtubers like Elle Florence or abrasive like Jerusha or Shea Whitney. And I can think of a couple fake youtubers I’ve stopped watching off the top of my head, but Minks isn’t one of them. When I say fake, I mean in attitude, not lifestyle, lol. ;)

I also feel sad for Minnie, I guess her priorities are different from the average person.

Does anyone have recommendations for Youtubers or Instagrammers that share their luxury purses and achievable outfits?
LuxMommy is a good one. Very fashionable and stylish.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

An 11 minute video on a pocket organizer?

Rockcandy5150
Debater
Debater

Post by Rockcandy5150 »

drogers4205 wrote:
yaright wrote:

Yeah I love luxmommy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

yaright wrote:

Lol, I think they’re all pretty flawed just based on all the GG threads I see about most of these Youtubers. I used to love watching TammyShops, SnapeHBP, and BJTaylor for bags, but they stopped making videos. I think Tammy took her channel down and now focuses on Instagram (?). I used to like MelSoldera and still watch her time to time for ideas but she’s done/does a couple things I don’t agree with and don’t sit well with me (for example, asking people to return their birthday gifts for her and instead give her money to buy her Birkin).

As for fashion, I like Karen Brit Chick, but she doesn’t really do anything purse related.

Post by Guest »

adel220 wrote:
yaright wrote:

Lol, I think they’re all pretty flawed just based on all the GG threads I see about most of these Youtubers. I used to love watching TammyShops, SnapeHBP, and BJTaylor for bags, but they stopped making videos. I think Tammy took her channel down and now focuses on Instagram (?). I used to like MelSoldera and still watch her time to time for ideas but she’s done/does a couple things I don’t agree with and don’t sit well with me (for example, asking people to return their birthday gifts for her and instead give her money to buy her Birkin).

As for fashion, I like Karen Brit Chick, but she doesn’t really do anything purse related.
I :love2: BJ Taylor! I think she stopped making videos because she's too sensible to stay on the hamster wheel. She was one of the OG handbag channels and made very helpful content. Class act. I'm glad she left YT, she's way too smart for the YT and Instagram nonsense.

Post by Guest »

poshspice88 wrote:
adel220 wrote: Lol, I think they’re all pretty flawed just based on all the GG threads I see about most of these Youtubers. I used to love watching TammyShops, SnapeHBP, and BJTaylor for bags, but they stopped making videos. I think Tammy took her channel down and now focuses on Instagram (?). I used to like MelSoldera and still watch her time to time for ideas but she’s done/does a couple things I don’t agree with and don’t sit well with me (for example, asking people to return their birthday gifts for her and instead give her money to buy her Birkin).

I :love2: BJ Taylor! I think she stopped making videos because she's too sensible to stay on the hamster wheel. She was one of the OG handbag channels and made very helpful content. Class act. I'm glad she left YT, she's way too smart for the YT and Instagram nonsense.
I think you’re right. I see BJTaylor comment time to time and I get the impression she doesn’t even buy expensive bags anymore. Or if she does, it’s not at the same degree that she used to.

Good for her. I’m glad she left.

yaright
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yaright »

drogers4205 wrote:
yaright wrote:

Thanks for the LuxMommy recommendation, watched some of her videos today and love that she adopted her sons - she seems like a nice lady.

yaright
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yaright »

adel220 wrote:
yaright wrote:

I really like BJTaylor too.

I didn't like how last year Tammy and SnapeHBP were constantly selling their stuff on Instagram to keep up with each new season of Chanel releases - it kind of put me off them... I haven't watched MelSoldera but based on what you mention she doesn't sound like someone I would like to watch - Karen Brit Chick's style is too cool for me 8-)

I am also open to suggestions for smaller Instagrammers to follow with good fashion sense and nice bags :)

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

I really liked BJ Taylor's videos. They were so informative and you could tell they were well thought out. She definitely added something. Did she have too many LV bags? Sure, but she seemed like she really enjoyed and used her items and she gave real excellent reviews.

Now these YouTuber's (Minks included) show off their new items in the guise of it being a review.

I had no idea that SnapeHBP and TammyShops well buying and selling so often. I was never a subscriber of Tammy, but I would watch her video from time to time. I used to be a subscriber of Snape's, but she started buying what seemed like random items just to keep up and based on what I saw in her videos she had a very drab wardrobe. The image (again much like Minks) just didn't fit the luxury persona they try to put out there.

I suspect WendysTheLovingFifty sells off items just as quickly.

Post by Guest »

drogers4205 wrote:I really liked BJ Taylor's videos. They were so informative and you could tell they were well thought out. She definitely added something. Did she have too many LV bags? Sure, but she seemed like she really enjoyed and used her items and she gave real excellent reviews.

Now these YouTuber's (Minks included) show off their new items in the guise of it being a review.

I had no idea that SnapeHBP and TammyShops well buying and selling so often. I was never a subscriber of Tammy, but I would watch her video from time to time. I used to be a subscriber of Snape's, but she started buying what seemed like random items just to keep up and based on what I saw in her videos she had a very drab wardrobe. The image (again much like Minks) just didn't fit the luxury persona they try to put out there.

LOL, don't even get me started on WendySTheLovingFifty. For some reason, she bugs me more than all the rest.

Post by Guest »

yaright wrote:
adel220 wrote:
yaright wrote:

I really like BJTaylor too.

I didn't like how last year Tammy and SnapeHBP were constantly selling their stuff on Instagram to keep up with each new season of Chanel releases - it kind of put me off them... I haven't watched MelSoldera but based on what you mention she doesn't sound like someone I would like to watch - Karen Brit Chick's style is too cool for me 8-)

I am also open to suggestions for smaller Instagrammers to follow with good fashion sense and nice bags :)
She's not really an Instagramer, but she has a small YT channel. Lissy In The City she used to go by A Girl In Boston. She's older (mid 40's), and some of her fashion choices are not my cup of tea at all but she has a beautiful collection of bags and shoes. She comes from a lot of money but she has a full time job in finance and lives in NYC now. I find her pretty fascinating and she's always doing stuff.

Post by Guest »

Another one I like to watch is Tar Mar. She's not really luxury but she is all about fashion and her IG and YT channel are really good, imo.

yaright
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yaright »

drogers4205 wrote:I really liked BJ Taylor's videos. They were so informative and you could tell they were well thought out. She definitely added something. Did she have too many LV bags? Sure, but she seemed like she really enjoyed and used her items and she gave real excellent reviews.

Yes, Tammy was buying something and then a month later selling it. Agree her wardrobe is drab and not inspiring at all. It's hard to find Instagrammers like LuxMommy that have nice bags and a good fashion sense.

Wendy is the worst one, she cannot keep up with any of the other ladies. She buys something and less than a month later it's on sale. Every bag is her holy grail bag until she sees something else she can't afford.

yaright
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yaright »

poshspice88 wrote:Another one I like to watch is Tar Mar. She's not really luxury but she is all about fashion and her IG and YT channel are really good, imo.
Thanks will go check out both accounts.

_blush_
Learner
Learner

Post by _blush_ »

yaright wrote:
adel220 wrote:
yaright wrote:
adel220 wrote:
I personally love Alyssa Lenore. She's more active on instagram but I like her youtube channel more.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

So...a first impression on the Reissue Chanel. She refers to her Jumbo as the "was my holy grail" bag. Ummm...didn't she say that the LV multicolor was her HG? The one that she literally did not even wear one time?

Post by Guest »

drogers4205 wrote:So...a first impression on the Reissue Chanel. She refers to her Jumbo as the "was my holy grail" bag. Ummm...didn't she say that the LV multicolor was her HG? The one that she literally did not even wear one time?
It's confusing, but iirc she has said in previous videos that the Jumbo was her holy grail in addition to the MC White Speedy. It's hard to keep her wishlist straight because she keeps adding and removing things on it. I think the LV multicolor was first and then she added the Jumbo when she started getting into Chanel.

I'm still put off by her comment in a recent video that the Reissue will be her last black Chanel bag. I wouldn't be surprised if she added that new top handle Chanel bag in red sometime in the near future.

Return to “Minks4All”