Melissa Alatorre

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Melissa Alatorre

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

whatinthe wrote:Can we talk about how she pronounced the word "amethyst" in her latest video?
can you spell out phonetically how she said it! :tu: :rofl:

whatinthe
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by whatinthe »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:
whatinthe wrote:Can we talk about how she pronounced the word "amethyst" in her latest video?
Am-thee-ist

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

whatinthe wrote:
Am-thee-ist
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: she is dumb!

Soulfiregirl
Learner
Learner

Post by Soulfiregirl »

whatinthe wrote:
Am-thee-ist
I'm going to watch the video just for this purpose. :D

Lipstickqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lipstickqueen »

I wish this thread was more active lol Melissa can be annoying

Soulfiregirl
Learner
Learner

Post by Soulfiregirl »

Me too. I'll hate watch some of her videos tonight and post. :tu:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lipstickqueen wrote:I wish this thread was more active lol Melissa can be annoying
The sad part is I kind of did like her, at first. Then she got annoying and full of herself FASSSST! Started acting like Desi 2.0.... etc.. :roll:

Lipstickqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lipstickqueen »

Lipstickqueen wrote:I wish this thread was more active lol Melissa can be annoying
The sad part is I kind of did like her, at first. Then she got annoying and full of herself FASSSST! Started acting like Desi 2.0.... etc.. :roll:
yeah me too! I was subscribed and actually looked forward to her videos. And then as you said, got an ego and became incredibly annoying. It didn't help that her makeup skills haven't evolved but she still acts like she's giving groundbreaking advice.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lipstickqueen wrote:
yeah me too! I was subscribed and actually looked forward to her videos. And then as you said, got an ego and became incredibly annoying. It didn't help that her makeup skills haven't evolved but she still acts like she's giving groundbreaking advice.
Yes she is actually quite basic with her "tips" and very OVERBOARD with her blending... :? :rofl:

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

Yeah one week with out washing your hair? Hell no melissa that is fucking gross. It's true it makes your hair fall out and at least on me it makes my scalp soooo itchy after one day of dry shampoo.

She seems so full of herself. I probably would be too if I was her but still

Lipstickqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lipstickqueen »

Raven_nevermore wrote:Yeah one week with out washing your hair? Hell no melissa that is fucking gross. It's true it makes your hair fall out and at least on me it makes my scalp soooo itchy after one day of dry shampoo.

She seems so full of herself. I probably would be too if I was her but still
If I put dry shampoo in my hair in the morning, it feels extra dirty by the time I'm home from work. Idk how she can go that long with sweaty, dirty hair!

Aslo, isn't the whole point of not washing your hair is so the style lasts longer? She was still using heat every day.

Post by Guest »

Goes to Japan for more matcha :roll:. As if she didn’t get enough in the states

Error404
Talker
Talker

Post by Error404 »

From her recent video:

"This is SO beautiful for a drugstore all over illuminator."
"It is so gorgeous. I cannot believe it's even drugstore, that's how good I think it is."

Now, I don't care that she prefers high end/luxury products. If I could afford it, it would be my preference, too, but it's the condescending attitude that I can't fucking stand.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Post by neonlemonade »

Something that drives me crazy about her (and many other influencers) is how after she goes on a sponsored trip, all of her videos gravitate to products from that brand, but she tries to play it off as though it's a product she uses all the time.

For example: she just went to Tokyo with YSL. I decided to watch one of her videos since I haven't for a while (Tatcha Silk Canvas review) and she's like "I'm going to use a foundation I know wears very well.... YSL All Hours". I've honestly never seen her wear or mention that foundation until going on a trip with them.

I get that YouTubers survive off sponsored content. But it drives me crazy when they try to play it off as though it's a product they've used forever and love when they're clearly doing it for the sponsorship and just not disclosing that.

Lipstickqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lipstickqueen »

neonlemonade wrote:Something that drives me crazy about her (and many other influencers) is how after she goes on a sponsored trip, all of her videos gravitate to products from that brand, but she tries to play it off as though it's a product she uses all the time.

For example: she just went to Tokyo with YSL. I decided to watch one of her videos since I haven't for a while (Tatcha Silk Canvas review) and she's like "I'm going to use a foundation I know wears very well.... YSL All Hours". I've honestly never seen her wear or mention that foundation until going on a trip with them.

I get that YouTubers survive off sponsored content. But it drives me crazy when they try to play it off as though it's a product they've used forever and love when they're clearly doing it for the sponsorship and just not disclosing that.
I feel like she's really bad with this because nothing she does really comes off as genuine.

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Post by neonlemonade »

Lipstickqueen wrote:
neonlemonade wrote:Something that drives me crazy about her (and many other influencers) is how after she goes on a sponsored trip, all of her videos gravitate to products from that brand, but she tries to play it off as though it's a product she uses all the time.

I feel like she's really bad with this because nothing she does really comes off as genuine.
Yes! Genuine is what I was looking for when I was trying to think of words. And it's disappointing to me, because I think when she first started, she was a lot more "real". I used to look forward to watching her videos - and then she became a carbon copy of every other influencer out there. Not to mention that every single instagram story being about her matcha obsession is aggravating.

KimsCryingFace
Talker
Talker

Post by KimsCryingFace »

I ended up watching one of her videos today for the first time in forever. Of course it’s sponsored but she was trying to play it off like she uses the products all the time. Idk if she does or not though honestly, stopped watching her a long time ago. Like everyone else, I used to look forward to her videos and now I literally can’t stand her.

viridian
Talker
Talker

Post by viridian »

Checked out Melissa's channel this past weekend to see what's going on with her. Watched about 4 minutes of her "boy beat" video and had to close it out. I couldn't stand her saying "boy beat" over and over again... what a stupid phrase. She's clearly still drinking the kool-aid. :roll:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

What the F does boy beat mean? :? :rofl:

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »