Nick and Amanda (and Alfies family in general)

pootube
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nick and Amanda (and Alfies family in general)

Post by pootube »

another late night writing into morning and I found myself distracted (procrastinating) from my work and on youtube and eventually stumbled on a video by Amanda Deyes or one featuring her on Mums eye view. And then I youtube searched more of her and watched more on pointlessblog.

Before I express my feelings I do appreciate she isn't a youtuber, she isn't interested in producing content hence being judged on said content and nor do I feel her exposure on Alfies videos really awards necessary judgement and so I do feel a bit weird about having one but I wanted to share it if anyone had any similar or opposing ideas, to read them too.

I really really really liked Amanda Deyes a lot. She is, as mothers often are, so warm and sweet and kind. A nice watch and I almost found that her input on his channel made me warm to him more and enjoy those videos and even enjoy him. I know I have been critical of Alfie however it is because of his content, his choice in what he produces how he exercises his online currency and develops in terms of video content (vlog content is generally 'life' content and so judging it may seem muddy but essentially it is controlled content produced and presented so no different from any other). The videos with his mum I think are probably his best videos, he himself is a lot more personable and watchable. Casper Lee posts a lot with his mum and that sort of public sharing of your relationship with your mum definitely helps, for him, in my opinion. It's always nice to see that sort of thing and maybe it's just prejudice but guys bigging up their mums is an attractive trait and reflects warmly on them.

I know that GG can be critical of peoples parents when they feel the youtuber displays negative traits or content. And I was prepared to dislike or feel critical of any parent who may have encouraged and propagated the entitlement, immaturity or uninspired identity of a youtuber I wasn't keen on. However not only do I really like what I see of Alfies parents I also think including them in his content helps and improves his videos.
I don't know where or what the point of this tiny input really is. I just hope that he includes more of that in his videos because he is more enjoyable and bearable around his parents, his mum certainly brought out a much better side of him in how he comes across as well as content that was sweet and personable.

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Nick and Amanda (and Alfies family in general)

Post by HearMeRoar »

I do like Amanda but only at times. She seems a warm, caring and nurturing mother to her two children AND their partners. However, there have been numerous occasions in the vlogs, where Alfie has bought one of the family something and not Amanda and she has complained. OR there have been moments where Alfie bought something more expensive for one family member and she has said 'is that it' about her own present. I think Amanda has been slightly blinded by the money that her children bring in and therefore, has become greedy.

I like how inviting Amanda is but I do not like how she accommodates to doing everything with her children's partners, it is like they never get time as a family any more. If Zoe and Sean are not there then Poppy and Alfie do not spend time with them. I don't exactly understand that.

Also - the father is completely immature and an absolute show off. I really dislike Nick from what I have seen of him in the vlogs. He is just as bad as Zoe sometimes.

Skyr
Debater
Debater

Post by Skyr »

I always enjoy Alfies videos most when he is with other people. I rarely watch the parts that are just him alone..

I think that yeah, Alfie turned out kinda greedy and loud and narcissistic and all that jazz. But he could have been worse, really, and I think his parents seem like good parents. Their whole family see each other so often (including Zoe and Sean), they laugh, play pranks, give gifts, have a lot of traditions they stick to. They go totally over the top at christmas and at birthdays, but I think it's nice. A bit much, definitely, but also nice. A lot of people would die to have a family like that, where you actually hang out all the time and do fun things together. They seem very laid back in the way that they just took Zoe and Sean right in as parts of the family, and they all joke with each other in a very comfortable way.
So yeah, maybe they like money and material things, but they have a lot of good qualities as far as I see it and I like watching vlogs where Zalfie hangs out with them.
- english is not my first language -

kmare91
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kmare91 »

I was just thinking about the influence of his parents the other day. Amanda seems nice enough ( and I used to think she was really lovely and that it'd be so fun to have her as a mum) but I can see over time where she's enabled Alfie and Poppy ( esp Alfie) and let him get his way or done the work for him and it's spoilt him.

I honestly think that he IS so entitled because she's done so much of the leg work and I think now this is why we're having the issues we are with him not coming through on promises, and generally not working very hard at all- living the actual life.

She was sweeter in the beginning but often now we see her more moody or like others have said, complaining a bit about how someone got something better than her. It's easy to see where her kids get these things.

Nick on the other hand.... seems a little disconnected and arrogant, like he'd be annoying to be around for more than a little while. However, they really have taken in their childrens SO's as their own and they seem pretty warm and accommodating, so not trying to be TOO critical.

Return to “Pointless Blog”