Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

ivyverse
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

Post by ivyverse »

ok lame video but the part where shane creepily shuffles behind the couch lookin like a stilt monster had me *actually* laughing out loud. but yeah i'm over the children/baby vids

funfunthinkaboutfun
Informer
Informer

Post by funfunthinkaboutfun »

the whole video with the baby felt really off, I didn’t realize it but I think there was a line they crossed with that that shouldn’t have been crossed. especially at the end when they were cracking jokes over the sound of his cries, so unsettling.

also ryland was really sweet with the kid, he seems to really want one. shane was endearing at times too when they were crawling around on the floor but in general mostly gave off a stressed/annoyed vibe.

Swav
Informer
Informer

Post by Swav »

I'm sorry but I can't help laugh at how many times Morgan and I think even Shane referred to the baby as an "it" lmao.

piinkfleeky
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by piinkfleeky »

funfunthinkaboutfun wrote:also ryland was really sweet with the kid, he seems to really want one. shane was endearing at times too when they were crawling around on the floor but in general mostly gave off a stressed/annoyed vibe.
really? i thought ryland seemed more annoyed with the kid than shane. shane didn't seem seem very good with the kid, just cracking jokes and looking confused, but he seemed much more impressed and cooed more when the baby was sweet with morgan. idk if ryland (or any of them at all, really) understand what a real responsibility a baby would be.

i was genuinely disturbed by how they all treated the baby like a prop. in front of his mother, no less. "do you drink?" gah, if I were the mom, I would've taken my baby out of that chaotic environment. not that I'd bring my baby somewhere like that in the first place :?

tedy94
Debater
Debater

Post by tedy94 »

Lately Shane's content has been so "meh" that I decided to unsubscribe. Come to think of it, his food videos and conspiracy theories were more bearable. Also, Im sick of Ryland being in every single video of his.

carlinn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by carlinn »

What’s with Ryland’s blue eye obsession? I have blue eyes too, but if I ever had a child who didn’t have my eyes then who cares. The second he saw the baby that’s the first thing he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

piinkfleeky wrote:
funfunthinkaboutfun wrote:also ryland was really sweet with the kid, he seems to really want one. shane was endearing at times too when they were crawling around on the floor but in general mostly gave off a stressed/annoyed vibe.
really? i thought ryland seemed more annoyed with the kid than shane. shane didn't seem seem very good with the kid, just cracking jokes and looking confused, but he seemed much more impressed and cooed more when the baby was sweet with morgan. idk if ryland (or any of them at all, really) understand what a real responsibility a baby would be.

i was genuinely disturbed by how they all treated the baby like a prop. in front of his mother, no less. "do you drink?" gah, if I were the mom, I would've taken my baby out of that chaotic environment. not that I'd bring my baby somewhere like that in the first place :?
Well Ryland seemed to be asking the more serious questions. One that stuck out was asking when the baby learned to hold his own head up. Like little things like that are HUGE deals for babies. Just little comments or snippets of his conversation with the Mom in the background seemed like he wanted to actually understand. He definitely seemed more into it and more adult about it.

Shane did look very happy though. They both did. Morgan even seemed into it at parts.
Honestly it’s really weird being around a baby until you have one. Didn’t really know how to be around babies til I had my daughter. So, I’ll give them slack on that.

LoliFlour
Informer
Informer

Post by LoliFlour »

This series is very reminiscent of the adopting a son videos with pretty much the same exact jokes (because somehow they don't get tired of the same recycled jokes). This is one definitely one of the least suspenseful and dramatic ones thus far, although Shane sure as hell tries to make it that way. What was with the police sirens in the trailer at the end? and his dramatic ass getting nervous about what the answer wheel was going to say.
and maybe it seemed crazy for the mom to take her baby there but he said he contacted a baby agency so I'm sure this mom probably takes her son to all kinds of acting/modeling gigs lol

niki900
Informer
Informer

Post by niki900 »

So once again the series ending with them pranking Shane's mom. Wow, how original Shane. Oh, they added Ryland's mom into the mix? Great.

Garrett and Morgan are the only thing making me even watch his shit anymore. Ryland needs to leave, I don't want his gold digging ass anywhere on my YouTube.
Itzfleur wrote:This series is very reminiscent of the adopting a son videos with pretty much the same exact jokes (because somehow they don't get tired of the same recycled jokes). This is one definitely one of the least suspenseful and dramatic ones thus far, although Shane sure as hell tries to make it that way. What was with the police sirens in the trailer at the end? and his dramatic ass getting nervous about what the answer wheel was going to say.
and maybe it seemed crazy for the mom to take her baby there but he said he contacted a baby agency so I'm sure this mom probably takes her son to all kinds of acting/modeling gigs lol
Unrelated to the post, I just love your avatar :D He's my favourite Russian

vitameen
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by vitameen »

Didn't even bother to click on the videos the past couple weeks, they've become so formulaic and predictable. Plus Ryland is really grating, I liked him at first and even subscribed to his channel, but on there he's plain boring and on Shane's he's extremely annoying.

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

Yeah, this video was kind of a mess. They really did treat the child like a prop like someone else said. Referring to him as "it", and how Shane looked up at Andrew/the camera every time he smiled/reacted in any way.

My favorite moment was when Ryland was like "Oh, he reacts to his name!" And Shane was like "Uh, yeah.. he's a person"

Because that just sums it up right there.

I will say there were sweet moments, though. Shane really seemed to have fun with him.

Another moment, though. Every time the child cried Shane seemed so worried. When they were putting him in the car seat and Morgan and Garrett were talking and laughing, Shane seemed so fucking annoyed with them. Like, chill out. Babies cry for no reason all the time. The tiniest bit of discomfort could cause it. It's not something to stop traffic over.

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

the fact that they can't even give their dog a name makes me think they're not ready for a kid. what are they gonna do just not name the kid until they find a name they like then change their mind and never name it? kinda like lady/dos/honey/she doesn't have a name yet.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

niki900
Informer
Informer

Post by niki900 »

morbit wrote:When they were putting him in the car seat and Morgan and Garrett were talking and laughing, Shane seemed so fucking annoyed with them. Like, chill out. Babies cry for no reason all the time. The tiniest bit of discomfort could cause it. It's not something to stop traffic over.
Shane wasn't even the issue here, it was Ryland straight up snapping at them and telling them they're annoying. Ryland just keeps getting worse and worse with every video.

irishgal94
Lurker
Lurker

Post by irishgal94 »

Does anyone know what’s happened to Drew?! Feels like he hasn’t been in a video in forever, was there any drama?

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

Ryland is so unbearable. It’s clear he’s very jealous of Garrett. He seems more serious about a baby based on Shane joking around and Ryland asking serious questions like how often he goes to the doctor, when he could lift his head up, etc. The sirens at the end was so stupid. Obviously nothing happened. I’m sorry but Shane’s mom really bugs me and I’m so annoyed by them pranking her all the time. I was shocked that in the preview for the next video, there was no emotional bullshit about them “seriously” considering having a kid. I just don’t see it happening anytime soon. I don’t even know if I see him and Ryland lasting at this point. I could see them getting married because Shane is almost 30 and panicking and then getting divorced in a couple of years. Or Ryland forcing him to propose and it not working out.

lotties3
Learner
Learner

Post by lotties3 »

irishgal94 wrote:Does anyone know what’s happened to Drew?! Feels like he hasn’t been in a video in forever, was there any drama?
No drama drews hanging with Christine a lot and they’re going on tour search Christine sydelko you’ll find their vids

lotties3
Learner
Learner

Post by lotties3 »

Damn that new video made me feel real uncomfortable.
Also I get it’s the parents decision and I know that the controversy was all bs but did he really have to get a newborn baby and change it’s diaper idk i didn’t like it sorry Shane. Maybe a little too soon.

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Not that it matters but that was not a newborn :rofl: i didnt like the video at all. I usually like his 3 parters, but the ones with children in them just make no sense to me. Also that mum was only there cause she could make money out of it. So sad. I found the video really boring tbh and theres no need for them. The only thing i like about ryland lately is that he seems to be the only one out of him, shane and morgan who calls the group out for stupid irresponsible shit. He was against morgans dumb tattoo in a big brother kinda way which i kinda respected him for. And in todays video he was the only one saying none of the people in that room where anywhere close to being good enough with children to bring one into the picture even if only for one video :rofl: the whole thing was a bad idea and kinda in poor taste on shanes side for the video idea and on the moms side for agreeing to do it.

lilnightowl
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lilnightowl »

irishgal94 wrote:Does anyone know what’s happened to Drew?! Feels like he hasn’t been in a video in forever, was there any drama?
My suspicion is that he finds Ryland as annoying as we do and his anxiety can’t deal with his shitty, snobby attitude. It doesn’t seem to bother Garrett because he’s a bundle of joy but I definitely could see Drew being uncomfortable around Ryland. Who knows though.

mountrainier
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mountrainier »

I could not watch this video. I tried and then the baby got there and it made me extremely uncomfortable. I cannot imagine letting my child do something like that. I had to turn the video off. I couldn’t watch his other videos where he adopts a kid either. The willingness of the parents to shill our their kid and the way the kids are treated like a thing by the Shane and his friends...it’s really fucked up. If they are willing to do this to someone else’s baby, I can’t imagine what they’d do to their own child for money and views.
Last edited by mountrainier on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Shane Dawson”