EDucating Shanny

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: EDucating Shanny

Post by prettylights92 »

Came across her videos the other day. I’m surprised they haven’t locked this crazy lady up in a nuthouse somewhere! Wow! What a wackjob.

But in all seriousness. I wish someone would get her some real help. For her ED and for the trauma she lived through.

Getfive
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Getfive »

prettylights92 wrote:Came across her videos the other day. I’m surprised they haven’t locked this crazy lady up in a nuthouse somewhere! Wow! What a wackjob.

But in all seriousness. I wish someone would get her some real help. For her ED and for the trauma she lived through.
I dont watch her anymore. But follow her on IG and she livestreams every day/several times a day. I only skip through them. The other day she talked ONE HOUR about a male nurse that saw her boobs. One whole hour, all she talked about :o And apparently her bullimia is worse than ever.

Other people cant get her help! She doesnt want help, doesnt want to get better. She gets so much attention and lives off of it, so without an eading disorder etc she wouldnt get attention ... Her teeth were a lot cheaper than expected so there were a lot of donated money she could have used to pay for therapy. But no ...

kally33
Learner
Learner

Post by kally33 »

Seems like she's probably off Youtube for good, but following via instagram because this shit just gets more ridiculous by the day...she has been in and out of the ER all week (because fuck actually having a primary care doctor when you have a serious illness, right??). It's just anemia, but she claims they were suggesting a whole blood transfusion...seemed pretty extreme to me but I figured it must truly be severe. Now, of course, she had to go back, and a different doctor told her she didn't need a whole blood transfusion and she's all upset. I'm guessing the first doctor was just trying to cover his ass...ER is not preventative medicine, and docs will often prescribe more extreme solutions than they would in a general practice to make sure they've done "everything they could" in a worst-case scenario...they simply don't have the time to evaluate patients thoroughly. Anyone with more medical expertise have any insight on what exactly is going on here? Hard to decipher her barely-got-my-GED-level explanations of what doctors have told her.

Meanwhile, of course, she is still purging. She needs in-patient treatment, not a quick-fix blood transfusion, and she's upset because somewhere deep down she must know that a blood transfusion isn't a magic bullet. Danny or someone in her family really needs to step in here, she is extremely mentally ill. I really blame them more than her. Enough with the spiritual interventions.

Getfive
Talker
Talker

Post by Getfive »

kally33 wrote:Seems like she's probably off Youtube for good, but following via instagram because this shit just gets more ridiculous by the day...she has been in and out of the ER all week (because fuck actually having a primary care doctor when you have a serious illness, right??). It's just anemia, but she claims they were suggesting a whole blood transfusion...seemed pretty extreme to me but I figured it must truly be severe. Now, of course, she had to go back, and a different doctor told her she didn't need a whole blood transfusion and she's all upset. I'm guessing the first doctor was just trying to cover his ass...ER is not preventative medicine, and docs will often prescribe more extreme solutions than they would in a general practice to make sure they've done "everything they could" in a worst-case scenario...they simply don't have the time to evaluate patients thoroughly. Anyone with more medical expertise have any insight on what exactly is going on here? Hard to decipher her barely-got-my-GED-level explanations of what doctors have told her.

Meanwhile, of course, she is still purging. She needs in-patient treatment, not a quick-fix blood transfusion, and she's upset because somewhere deep down she must know that a blood transfusion isn't a magic bullet. Danny or someone in her family really needs to step in here, she is extremely mentally ill. I really blame them more than her. Enough with the spiritual interventions.
Her family is definitely enablers!!! Hardcore!!! But Shanny is also extremely manipulative. I dont watch her videos anymore, I simply cant stand her!! I follow her IG account and watch some of her stories. But ooooooooh my goooooood Zzzzzz. ALL she talks about is how sick she is, and I call BS, I dont believe ANYTHING is wrong woth her besides the ED!! But she loooooves the attention!! I never understand those kind if oeople that does all those negative things to get attention!! She doesnt have a job, so why isnt she doing a lot of volontiering? Go to the shelter and help them clean, go to the kindergarden and help clean/look after/play with kids, to the hospital, the elderly home and sing to them etc. And get a lot of possitive attention - it would even be good content for her channel! She is half way through her life and she will NEVER become anything!! I really hope its true she quit youtube!!

fggfrrtrrtv02
Stalker
Stalker

Post by fggfrrtrrtv02 »

dfhrthgrthgrtghr

Getfive
Talker
Talker

Post by Getfive »

Her entire house looks like the room of an 8 year old ...

stubbornly
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by stubbornly »

her most recent video about "being anorexic now" is super cringey, especially all the "exercising" she does in it and the part where she has a tantrum & fucks up her living room lol. I'm so tired of her victim mentality, she's never gonna do anything with her life & will probably never fully recover because of it, and it's SO incredibly detrimental to her young impressionable viewers.

kally33
Learner
Learner

Post by kally33 »

stubbornly wrote:her most recent video about "being anorexic now" is super cringey, especially all the "exercising" she does in it and the part where she has a tantrum & fucks up her living room lol.

Super cringey and problematic, I agree. I found her through the "day in the life of a bulimic" video, which was also somewhat cringey, but also very real and powerful because...you know...she IS bulimic. I don't think she was every really anorexic. EDNOS/OSFED, maybe, sure...

It really bothers me when people discount the fact that being underweight is really an important criteria for anorexia. I'm sorry, but being underweight has both physical and mental effects that make it a very different disease. She has never even been underweight, it seems, so I don't know who she thinks she is claiming that she could possibly understand what it is to be anorexic, because the effects of being medically underweight are a huge part of it. And I'm speaking as someone who has been in both places. No one is saying that EDNOS/OSFED is any "better" or that it can't turn into anorexia...many disease have overlapping symptoms and develop co-morbidities over time. There is simply no such thing as an "overweight anorexic."

judysbooty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by judysbooty »

For someone who claims to be educational, it’s pretty ignorant of Shanny to say she’s anoretic when she isn’t. She invalidates people with the actual disorder, and even invalidates her own disorder. That entire video was a cringe fest and not at all a glimpse into actual anorexia.
To start off, a person can have anorexic tendencies, but I don’t even think you can be diagnosed if you aren’t at or under 17.5 BMI? I honestly don’t think someone who is overweight can be diagnosed as anoretic, even if they show all the other symptoms. I’m not a doctor, so who knows. Maybe I’m wildly incorrect, but I don’t think so.
And maybe I’m behind the times and old fashioned, but it would be like someone saying they have cancer when they had a mole removed, or even saying you’re bulimic when you purged one time.
It just makes me think Shanny isn’t getting the attention she wants from her bulimic label anymore, so she’s switching up “brands”.
I honestly feel bad speculating like this, but her video truly upset me. To be honest, I stopped watching her a long time ago so maybe she already has - but she needs to get help and to stop self diagnosing.

wheresmymango
Lurker
Lurker

Post by wheresmymango »

I wouldnt recommend her channel to anyone i know with an ED. This channel enables the behavior . How do you expect to get recovery tips from someone who isnt recovered herself ?AND no credentials. i dont know if it was the disorder or herself that made her become a very manipulative person .She throws giant pity parties when she talks about comments that dont agree with her. If people judge you on the internet by content YOU put out , that is YOUR responsibility . This is a public platform . Instead of addressing the random trolls here and there , how about you address the people actually giving you critique.

This situation reminds me of Eugenia Cooney in the way that she gains attention and identity from her dysfunction .Girl how are you going to make a fan base about your mental disease ? Make a seperate channel if you want "Shanny FANnys" . Your life revolves around your ED . I have more issues with her but im gonna cut it short right here .

dyemypubes
Talker
Talker

Post by dyemypubes »

I don't think her channel is harmful for other people .. she's often a sobbing mess and she certainly doesn't glamorize her eating disorder. . just watch the video of her taking her dentures out to show how she has zero teeth left because she puked until they dissolved. . .that is not glamour. That is cold hard reality.

I think her channel is harmful to herself. She has convinced herself that her channel is "therapy" because she talks to the camera and sometimes people write insightful comments. But it's not therapy, not even close. There is a reason therapists go through decades of school and training. There is a reason that people go to therapists for years. It's great to talk to friends and family and your husband, but it does not take the place of professional help.

Similar to Eugenia Cooney, Shanny's entire YouTube identity revolves around never getting better. People log in for their daily dose of horror and tears. Plus people leave comments on her videos that would chip away at the soul of even the most healthy and confident person and the damage they could do to someone as fragile as Shanny is just atrocious.

I'm also about 99% sure her husband is gay and using his marriage to a major damage case who can't have sex with him as a cover. He's more like a nurse maid than anything else. He's clearly a good person, but that just makes me sad. 2 people crumbling under the weight of oppressive religious guilt.

Getfive
Talker
Talker

Post by Getfive »

Seen her latest video? She got two strikes and is convinced that youtube staffs have a quota on channels to strike every month :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I can not believe how absolutely incredibly stupid that b*tch is :rofl: She says so many things in that video where my jaw dropped to the floor. Im amazed how retarded she actually is,,,,,, :o

kally33
Learner
Learner

Post by kally33 »

So seems like she has pretty much abandoned Youtube...in her sporadically-uploaded videos it seems to be because of marital issues? Does anyone who follows her on IG have better insights?

theodora102
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by theodora102 »

All that's on her instagram story is obnoxious singing, and more victim mentality. She took a break from youtube because people were starting to see through her bs. You know that if "marital issues" was really the main focus her shanny fannys would be hearing every detail because, after all, according to her they're the only things keeping her sane :roll:

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer

Post by randomMcRandom »

She's never gonna get better. She has regressed to age 6 or so. She's a little kindergartener with her little bottle of Pedialyte laying in bed waiting for snack time and play time and bed. And she likes it. She likes being the sick little girl. I bet her husband reads her stories and helps her wipe her wee-wee when she's feeling extra regressed. Her entire YouTube schtick is to catifish her viewers with "I'm getting better" stories and then to crash .. hard. I don't think she crashes on purpose, but I also don't think she really wants to get better. Being a sick little girl is all that she thinks she's good for I guess.

She's just sorta .. permanently rattled from the sexual abuse she suffered. It's really horrible.

I guess if her husband wants to support that . . that's his business. I wouldn't want to be with a woman who still has the mind and emotions of a 6yo, but if he wants to be her enabling daddy for the rest of his life. . .yikes.

walkinonadream
Learner
Learner

Post by walkinonadream »

Her newest video reacting to the news of Colleen Ballinger’s pregnancy is... a lot.

I get being happy for a youtuber you watch and find inspirational, even being emotional. But all that talk coming from an adult of there being a connection between them, that she helped her more than her husband even could, seeing her as a big sister when they don’t know each other at all? Maybe I’m being insensitive, but that can’t be healthy. Then she cries at the end to her husband over the phone that she wants a baby. Which, I hope for her own sake she tries to be her best self and be healthy physically and mentally bc I believe she has wanted children for awhile, but it really concerns me that she may compare herself to Colleen and things can take a big downturn if she cannot get to that state.

kally33
Learner
Learner

Post by kally33 »

The Colleen video creeped me out, too. I feel like Colleen has probably heard about her/seen one of her videos about her at this point but doesn't acknowledge her because it's creepy af.

Man oh man...in the birthday video for Paul...she looks like she has gained a whole lot of weight during her time away, and not in a good way. Definitely in an uncomfortable bulimic/binge eater going through something really bad way. Of course I hope I'm wrong and she's going through some recovery-related gain/bloating or something, but I doubt it.

stubbornly
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by stubbornly »

did anyone see her recent live stream or know why she took it down? something about someone saying you can't be overweight & anorexic at the same time? xD
I missed it cause I don't have time to watch a sad dumpy 30-something woman who never leaves her house which is decorated like a 2nd grade classroom from 1996 but I'm still curious lol

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FleekCucumber »

Is this the only thread here for this chick? I was sure someone was commenting about her disgusting house she just posted on YT. GROSS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer

Post by randomMcRandom »

FleekCucumber wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:44 pm
Is this the only thread here for this chick? I was sure someone was commenting about her disgusting house she just posted on YT. GROSS!
This woman has no job and no children. There is absolutely no excuse for the house to be in any condition besides sparkling clean!

Return to “Health”