Emma Hill

emmaemma
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Hill

Post by emmaemma »

She's 100% my favourite YouTuber right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Emma Hill

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

Lateg0ssiper wrote:
Rage&Love wrote:https://www.depop.com/ejstyle/ejstyle-t ... leil-cheek

Press sample sold for £50?!
I really don't like people doing this. That's really disappointed me. Someone should call her out on this.
She talked about this is one of her videos, she said she sells stuff on Depop and uses the money to reinvest and buy stuff from the same brand who sent her the sample so she so she can show stuff on her channel she genuinely loves xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

YouTubeaddict15 wrote:
Lateg0ssiper wrote:
Rage&Love wrote:https://www.depop.com/ejstyle/ejstyle-t ... leil-cheek

I really don't like people doing this. That's really disappointed me. Someone should call her out on this.
She talked about this is one of her videos, she said she sells stuff on Depop and uses the money to reinvest and buy stuff from the same brand who sent her the sample so she so she can show stuff on her channel she genuinely loves xx

Love Emma but don't really agree. She obviously has a lot of money, if she wants to buy something then she should be spending her own money. She should give away all unwanted PR to woman's refuge friends and family.

Before this I had no problem with bloggers selling PR and still don't really, because I always put myself in their position. But I realise I cannot really compare as I work a much harder job, am paying off student loans but don't make anywhere near what these youtubers do. An extra few £ every now and again would really help me, Emma's just justifying greed.

RockMyBrunch
Learner
Learner

Post by RockMyBrunch »

Yeah I'm with you on this one. I don't see how making money of PR samples can be justified, doesn't matter what you're buying with it.

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

I love how all these Youtubers are barely posting once a week and now Emma is posting 3x per week :respekt: :love2: :tu:

Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gizmo2323 »

SillySausage wrote:I love how all these Youtubers are barely posting once a week and now Emma is posting 3x per week :respekt: :love2: :tu:
Ikr. The contrast between emma and what a lot of bigger YTers have turned into is stark. If they had any shame, they'd be embarrassed by what they call 'work'.

I know she's no saint but atm I do cling onto Emma as a ray of hope in the bottomless pit of YT narcissism. I'll be so gutted if she goes down that road!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

Gizmo2323 wrote:
SillySausage wrote:I love how all these Youtubers are barely posting once a week and now Emma is posting 3x per week :respekt: :love2: :tu:
Ikr. The contrast between emma and what a lot of bigger YTers have turned into is stark. If they had any shame, they'd be embarrassed by what they call 'work'.

I know she's no saint but atm I do cling onto Emma as a ray of hope in the bottomless pit of YT narcissism. I'll be so gutted if she goes down that road!

Same! No one is perfect. Watching Emma has helped me quit watching others that were just getting on my nerves like LIDL & Moany Pebbles. Very grateful for that :tu: :rofl:

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

Gizmo2323 wrote:

Me too xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Persephone_moon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Persephone_moon »

monki wrote:
YouTubeaddict15 wrote:
Lateg0ssiper wrote:
Rage&Love wrote:<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.depop.com/ejstyle/ejstyle-t ... leil-cheek" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>depop</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>ejstyle</span><span>/</span><span>ejstyle</span><span>-</span><span>tom</span><span>-</span><span>ford</span><span>-</span><span>soleil</span><span>-</span><span>cheek</span></a>

Love Emma but don't really agree. She obviously has a lot of money, if she wants to buy something then she should be spending her own money. She should give away all unwanted PR to woman's refuge friends and family.

Before this I had no problem with bloggers selling PR and still don't really, because I always put myself in their position. But I realise I cannot really compare as I work a much harder job, am paying off student loans but don't make anywhere near what these youtubers do. An extra few £ every now and again would really help me, Emma's just justifying greed.
i get where you're coming from, but I think you're being a bit unfair? Compared to other bloggers who straight up put pr on their depop and avoid questions about putting PR gifts for sale, Emma explained why she chooses CERTAIN products to sell; she didn't avoid or ignore the question and she didn't answer rudely (in a few vlogs now she's shown giving PR things to her mom, nothing wrong in that, when i get Samples from sephora, and I have TONS, i give them away instead of hoarding them). She was very professional about it. She mentioned she donates a lot of her stuff already, and either way, these PR gifts are declarable income, so why not resell it to buy something else from the brand that would suit her better? I don't see it as greedy, I think Emma is smarter with her money than most bloggers. For one, her and Simon actually travel together and probably direct their money there; i much prefer seeing that than her buying an expensive handbag with money she's pocketed from PR things and then selling on that handbag 6 months later like some other bloggers

those massive Zara and high street hauls are defs partially subsidized by her affiliate links and she's already mentioned that she donates a lot of it to charity shops and Simon's brother's girlfriend who works at a girl's school. You cannot accuse her of being uncharitable, I don't think that's fair. And don't get me wrong, the mass consumerism of the huge hauls doesn't sit well with me either: I don't buy nearly as much clothes as she does and i avoid high street shops for ecological and ethical reasons, but I mean.. isn't that just the nature of the beast? Fashion and the whole blogosphere is based on consumerism, to overlook that and critique her for pocketing a few pounds so she can buy a tom ford eye brown pencil is unfair.

But i get where you're coming from, when you think about how hard the average person like you and i work, and little these bloggers work, it gets frustrating; I totally agree. But I really think Emma is the least offender in this industry!
If you can't say anything nice, say something clever but devastating ;)

Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gizmo2323 »

Soooooo just spent my Sunday morning watching the holiday vlogs. Really liked them. Slightly mentally scarred from seeing Simon's nipple ring tho. Lol nope thanks. That trip on paper is not my cup of tea but it looked like a blast. Was it sponsored? Just something Emma said in a vlog beforehand about them only finding out about the trip a few weeks beforehand.

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

As far as I disguise myself for it, I can not wait for her Zara haul....I recently bought a H&M sweater and a Asos necklace from her recommendation and I absolutely love both pieces to death. Like, that is what I watch YouTubers for, getting real and affordable recommendations for my personal everyday style.
However, since one of you mentioned that she starts every sentence with "SO, ...", I get annoyed with her so quickly :D

Activewear87
Learner
Learner

Post by Activewear87 »

I love emma and she has time for her ‘followers’ I’ve messaged her a few times and always had a lovely message back.
She is normal, her and Simon are a normal couple loving their lives! I love their relationship
And I also love the fact she eats shit food and doesn’t justify it.
As for her mum :love2:

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

Gizmo2323 wrote:Soooooo just spent my Sunday morning watching the holiday vlogs. Really liked them. Slightly mentally scarred from seeing Simon's nipple ring tho. Lol nope thanks. That trip on paper is not my cup of tea but it looked like a blast. Was it sponsored? Just something Emma said in a vlog beforehand about them only finding out about the trip a few weeks beforehand.

They just really like Disney, she surprised him with a Euro Disney trip a few months ago for his birthday. The recents Disney vlogs were from a sponsored trip they were offered with a group of others, then they stayed in FL an extra week to explore on their own. They do trips for Birthdays instead of gifts :love2: so they have memories instead.

Persephone_moon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

SillySausage wrote:
Gizmo2323 wrote:Soooooo just spent my Sunday morning watching the holiday vlogs. Really liked them. Slightly mentally scarred from seeing Simon's nipple ring tho. Lol nope thanks. That trip on paper is not my cup of tea but it looked like a blast. Was it sponsored? Just something Emma said in a vlog beforehand about them only finding out about the trip a few weeks beforehand.

They just really like Disney, she surprised him with a Euro Disney trip a few months ago for his birthday. The recents Disney vlogs were from a sponsored trip they were offered with a group of others, then they stayed in FL an extra week to explore on their own. They do trips for Birthdays instead of gifts :love2: so they have memories instead.
I love that about them! They really are a down to earth couple!

Persephone_moon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Activewear87 wrote:I love emma and she has time for her ‘followers’ I’ve messaged her a few times and always had a lovely message back.
She is normal, her and Simon are a normal couple loving their lives! I love their relationship
And I also love the fact she eats shit food and doesn’t justify it.
As for her mum :love2:
Emma’s mom is so adorable and hilarious! I love her in her vlogs!!

Persephone_moon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I’ve picked up in her “So...” when she starts sentences, does any one else think it might be some verbal tick? I mean she’s only been doing YouTube for a year and vlogging (I assume) for less than that, maybe she’s not 100% comfortable on camera? Thoughts??

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

So... another nice vlog. Love her sharing her diy. Nice to see someone moving away from the faux white marble look :tu:

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurubydaygossiperby »

Love her style, but she should be allowed to purchase sofas :rofl: girl, call an Interior Designer you need us

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

Gurubydaygossiperby wrote:Love her style, but she should be allowed to purchase sofas :rofl: girl, call an Interior Designer you need us

The dogs do blend into it don't they? :rofl:

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

Gurubydaygossiperby wrote:Love her style, but she should be allowed to purchase sofas :rofl: girl, call an Interior Designer you need us
I was rooting for her to get some nice sofas because I really hated the old ones and found them super tacky. When I saw the new ones I couldn’t help but feel disappointed hah! Usually I LOVE Emma’s Style because it’s so wearable and affordable (besides bags maybe) and her whole content shows how she takes blogging serious and knows her stuff.

Ps: hi, I’m new to this thread!

Return to “Adored Bloggers”