Wearing black to a wedding?

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wearing black to a wedding?

Post by Diorette »

This is like a huge debate, I personally think that it looks good, it's not like i'm going to go looking like an emo.

Winter song
Informer
Informer

Re: Wearing black to a wedding?

Post by Winter song »

I never knew it was a debate. I've worn black to a wedding and have seen many, many people wear black to a wedding dozens of times.

Nyymi
Learner
Learner

Post by Nyymi »

I guess it's against the wedding etiquette but I've been to plenty of weddings where people have worn black and it's been totally fine with everyone. Most people I've talked to haven't been very strict about it but if you're unsure it's always polite to ask the couple if there's a specific kind of dress code at the wedding.
*English is not my first language so SORRY if my grammar is horrible*

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

Frankly, more brides should wear black wedding dresses. I find those white and off white dresses so garish and unflattering to the figure.

CaramelDrop
Informer
Informer

Post by CaramelDrop »

I dont see a problem with wearing black to a wedding. My favorite color is black and it has always been my dream to have a black wedding. People always thought I was weird for wanting that.

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

I guess because if you see a group of people in formalwear all dressed in black, it usually signifies a funeral, lol. I don't think its weird at all, infact it sounds pretty cool! :D

jean101
Informer
Informer

Post by jean101 »

Obviously no one's going to say anything to you about it but I do think it's kinda rude and tacky. Who wants a drab and depressing person at their wedding? It's a day where everyone should be wearing pretty pastel colors or bright shades because it's a joyful event. Black represents mourning which is why people who follow etiquette don't wear it.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

I don't see a problem with black, symbolism and all that jazz is out the door for me. It's funny, because if I ever get married then I'd quite like a monochrome theme for the wedding, but I want my funeral to be full of colours. :P

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I don't think it's drab or depressing, like someone above mentioned. I have never heard of it being rude or against etiquette to wear black to a wedding. Black dresses are classic and look good on everyone, and I think it's perfectly acceptable to wear them to a wedding.
imma ball til the day i fall

Lefaineant
Informer
Informer

Post by Lefaineant »

I find it okay to wear black to wedding, unless, the wedding or reception is outdoor under the sun. I've seen women do it without repercussions. Maybe you should ask the couple.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I won't wear black to weddings simply because all of the weddings I've gone to have been on Summer afternoons and black is not a summer afternoon color lol But if I were to go to a winter wedding, or even an evening wedding, I wouldn't hesitate to wear black. I probably would stray from all black, though, because that can tend to look too somber.

Return to “Wedding”