Elijah and Christine

FernPyjamas
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elijah and Christine

Post by FernPyjamas »

Lol what self care advice should be shared, then? The average person shouldn't be dispensing medical advice (whether they have a mental illness or not) so these tips are pretty much the only physical tips for relieving symptoms of mental illness you can appropriately advise. Advising people to practice good hygiene and promoting positive activities does in fact have the potential alleviate some symptoms of mental illness. Any mental health professional will tell you that.

Usually the people who make self-care lists are also young mentally ill people themselves. People just resent these lists because they're angry at the insinuation that mental illness can be treated with "self-care" (not a term I've ever heard a psychologist or psychiatrist use btw & also not at all what the existence of these lists implies), not because they actually do harm.

(My tone here sounds harsh but I don't mean it to be sorry!)

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mermaid vic »

as someone with mental health issues posts like that always have irritated me from the start when they started out as pink emoji filled tumblr posts. Like christine is right it's the most generic advice and tasks for retweets and they're always put in a way where it makes people with mental health seem ~ delicate and soft ✨ ~ like theres all these tumblr blogs and twitter accounts with names like "softsuggestions" which I guess is the main reason stuff like that irritates me

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

I actually feel worse whenever someone suggests things like that to me too. It's hard because I know people want to help, but depending on your situation, if it's not actually helpful then it can feel condescending. It's a polarizing topic, I agree with Christine, it really irritates me, but I get how it's helpful for others (esp. since they suggest things like that anyway, must work for someone lol)

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

I don't think Christine was even aiming it towards mentally ill people though? It's basically aiming at those twitters that are like "common white girl" who basically still post shit like this:

motherfickle
Talker
Talker

Post by motherfickle »

kayuhsee wrote:I don't think Christine was even aiming it towards mentally ill people though? It's basically aiming at those twitters that are like "common white girl" who basically still post shit like this:
That's what I took it as too. Those posts always bug me because they fail to take executive dysfunction into account.

literalgarbagehuman
Talker
Talker

Post by literalgarbagehuman »

Okay so Elijah is on twitter trying to start something with rapper 6ix9ine. I'm really into rap so this whole thing is kind of funny to me right now. Because 6ix9ine and his crew constantly get into fights? They've been in clubs where people have tried to disrespect him and they've thrown bullets. He literally has his clique tattooed over 200+ times on his body. But Elijah wants to @ him on twitter because 6ix9ine has a history of responding back to people throwing shots at him. How desperate for attention is Elijah? Just wondering.

Also I did laugh at the fact that 6ix9ine JUST left California and Elijah waited until he was gone to start posting those tweets.

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

kitzlig wrote:I actually feel worse whenever someone suggests things like that to me too. It's hard because I know people want to help, but depending on your situation, if it's not actually helpful then it can feel condescending. It's a polarizing topic, I agree with Christine, it really irritates me, but I get how it's helpful for others (esp. since they suggest things like that anyway, must work for someone lol)
this is me. it always frustrated me when i first saw those kinds of posts and i was severely ill (not to mention, also very young and naïve) and i felt like i wasn't getting better because those things didn't work. i feel like those tips trivialize the complex parts of being very very sick and sometimes, too sick to function as well as you'd like. maybe i'm overthinking this but it's hard to pick at that point and say she's completely wrong when it's justifiable to find fault in posts like that. if she doesn't feel like that stuff works for her, that's fine. but she's not telling people that those things don't work - just that they're tasks that generally overshadow the darker parts of life. i get what it's like to take baby steps and it's encouraging to some people but to others, it can feel like someone is poking fun at you.

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

Ok...he sounds like an angry 4 year old, "stop tryna take my crown!"
That article is just as stupid, Elijah isn't "calling him out", he's making bitchy little comments trying to start a fight. The article focuses on 6ix9ine's sex offences yet - unless I'm missing something that's not on his twitter - Elijah is literally just whining about being the gayest.

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mermaid vic »

that rainbow haired child molester only came to la (not relevant but funny to add: one of the safest malls furthest from actual la) because an og gang member called him out saying he wasn't welcome here and the same thing happened in Texas which is getting him all these headlines and attention so Elijah being Elijah just wants to insert himself in something that doesn't involve him at all as if he has an actual impact in rap just so he could get some of the attention :roll: not surprising and not smart

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

ew, he's so embarrassing. what does he even do for a living besides YouTube?? It can't be sustainable.

nj12345
Talker
Talker

Post by nj12345 »

prctentious wrote:ew, he's so embarrassing. what does he even do for a living besides YouTube?? It can't be sustainable.
right? yet he constantly bashes youtube and thinks he's too good to be a youtuber even though that's literally ALL HE IS

Post by Guest »

Lily Laurette wrote:I like Christine a lot, however I do not like how on Twitter she does that Elijah shit where she will @ reply some teenager who is criticising her so that all her followers see it and spam the person. That really bugs me about her.

Also, I don't mean to be this bitch but what is up with people in this thread comparing Christine to Chris Farley? The only reason you guys are doing that is because of their weight, they both have VERY different styles of comedy....
I really don't think it's about weight at all. I sincerely feel she reminds me of him in lots of ways. The fact that she's so quick witted like he is. The fact she can make people laugh so easily like he did. Just because they're both overweight does not mean that's why I compared them. Even if she wasn't overweight I'd still see the similarities in their comedy & just the way people respond to them & the way they both are so good at improv. You can think I'm being disingenuous, but I'm not. I knew I shouldn't have even said anything about it because that's exactly what people were gonna think. :/

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

nj12345 wrote:
prctentious wrote:ew, he's so embarrassing. what does he even do for a living besides YouTube?? It can't be sustainable.
right? yet he constantly bashes youtube and thinks he's too good to be a youtuber even though that's literally ALL HE IS
exactly, lmaoooo, it's sad. how does he afford his lifestyle?

RadRona
Learner
Learner

Post by RadRona »

Apparently yesterday on a live stream Tom said he was going to expose Elijah. Did anyone happen to catch this and if so, did he seem serious about it or was it just a joke?

MadKat9517
Informer
Informer

Post by MadKat9517 »

And it's not like he has "fuck you" levels of YouTube fame like PewDiePie or Trisha Paytas. He's at like, what, 600k?

dan18899
Learner
Learner

Post by dan18899 »

I read that Tom said on a livestream to spill the tea on Elijah since Christine is too nice too but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can anyone confirm?

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

dan18899 wrote:I read that Tom said on a livestream to spill the tea on Elijah since Christine is too nice too but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can anyone confirm?
Yes, some do tell us what the T is, if the dashing Tom has spilt any.

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

RedLeafQueen7 wrote: I really don't think it's about weight at all. I sincerely feel she reminds me of him in lots of ways. The fact that she's so quick witted like he is. The fact she can make people laugh so easily like he did. Just because they're both overweight does not mean that's why I compared them. Even if she wasn't overweight I'd still see the similarities in their comedy & just the way people respond to them & the way they both are so good at improv. You can think I'm being disingenuous, but I'm not. I knew I shouldn't have even said anything about it because that's exactly what people were gonna think. :/
But they are such different comedians, Chris Farley is a physical comedian similar to Jim Carey and Christine is more on the Seinfeld absurdist, sarcasm end. You could really make those comparisons like "being quick witted" and "making people laugh" between Christine and ANY comedian, those are very general similarites. Christine doesn't even bring her weight into her comedy, where else Chris did that all the time. I'm not upset at you or anything, I just think it should be pointed out that subconsiously people may be drawing comparisons due to their larger sizes.

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

MadKat9517 wrote:
And it's not like he has "fuck you" levels of YouTube fame like PewDiePie or Trisha Paytas. He's at like, what, 600k?
seriously. and those two consistently put up videos and that's honestly the key to making bang on yt so i'm just :?

RenaiHunter
Informer
Informer

Post by RenaiHunter »

[tweet][/tweet]
I actually dont think Christine hates Tana, they seem quite friendly

Return to “Christine Sydelko”