Anyone play these MMOs: FFXI & FFXIV?

redrobin1017
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone play these MMOs: FFXI & FFXIV?

Post by redrobin1017 »

Hey gals, I know it's supposedly an anomaly to play MMOs and love makeup and all the girly things as people see them as two separates and that only nerdy guys play online games, but I accidentally bought FFXI when I was a teen and got hooked! I started playing FFXIV: ARR but I quit now due to studies, but planning on getting Heavensward and playing again :D I do really miss FFXI and wish FFXIV had more elements of its predecessor but its hard to compare the two.

I think the reason I like these games is because I like character customization and getting pretty-looking gear but I also love achieving goals like max level and the best gear for a certain class. Sadly where I live MMOs are not popular and the only person who I played with is my bf, but he's a lot more casual and doesn't like to raid. Was wondering if there were any GGers who played :D

Naldia
Debater
Debater

Re: Anyone play these MMOs: FFXI & FFXIV?

Post by Naldia »

surprised to see ffxi player here lol! (bismack server ffxi , odin server ff14)

I loved ffxi game/content/people i ended up friends with and met few of them in real life, i really treasured those memories with them all :) (10 years played ffxi).

As for ff14... is 99% WoW clone i get so frustrated with the community vile and needy "nerf nerf nerf!" Kinda stopped raiding due to them nerfing everything ,makes the game super boring everything is easy mode unlike ffxi took me 4 years to get rdm relic hat ... oh well :V

edit-
forgot to mention ff14 lacks teamwork major problem with the community , unlike ffxi u are forced to team up and do stuff as a group which i loved T_T
english is my second language(๑′ᴗ‵๑)☀

redrobin1017
Debater
Debater

Post by redrobin1017 »

I was on Valefor with FFXI but quit a longer time ago as it was just too addicting! I'm also on Odin with FFXIV!! AAAH. What a coincidence :D

What I actually loved in FFXI was the levelling grind.. You had to search for parties and you made friends in parties, had the best times in Valkrum dunes or whatever they were called XD I spent so much time just hanging around the cities as monk with LFG on. I quit just before the level cap though, regretfully :P Would have made life a looot easier.

Now you get these random parties and they want to speed run everything and you finish so quickly. I liked raiding as well but got FC drama with everybody quitting/leaving and then just too quiet/small FCs that never had enough people to raid.. Was always something :( What I also miss is the effort it took do to things in FFXI.. As bard you had to have macro's and have different instruments with different songs, and you had to buy them or get them to drop. And camping NMs with friends! Or just stumbling across Leaping Lizzy (not that the boots ever dropped haha)

I quit FFXIV last year October due to lack of time but had also hit everything at 50 except ninja and had plenty of good gear, but just not enough fun in game to keep me hooked :( Really hoping Heavensward fixes that but kind of scared to put all my hopes on it XD I am so going to change to Au'ra though!! Enough manthras/mithras (still prefer calling them that over miqo'te) running around -_- plus, dragons! Really hope they add more gear options as well :3

Nyxx
Talker
Talker

Post by Nyxx »

*ressurects thread*

I love FFXIV, actually restarted my subscription after letting it lapse for a few months. I'm on Midgarsomr. :D

Chespin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Chespin »

Add meeeee Tinklati7 :o

artemist
Talker
Talker

Post by artemist »

Recently got back into FFXIV after a couple months break over Christmas. Level 53 Bard over here on Ragnarok. :D

Return to “Games”