Been thanked: 0

Re: Their mom

Post by jbee33 »

Chelsea96 wrote:
Silver Rose 39 wrote:
Chelsea96 wrote:Isn't their mom Turkish? Or was that her dad? Just wondering
Yes it's their mother that's Turkish.

Oh that's cool, I'm surprised they haven't visited yet
They said that they have visited in the past. Maybe only once though, not sure.

Ilsa Lund
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ilsa Lund »

iuliamoon wrote:She probably appears kind of stuck up to some people because the way she speaks is kind of posh/formal and reserved?
well she was raised in Turkey and they don't teach informal English in European schools, it must be hard for her and despite that she knows the difference between a mug and a wine glass better than Blair who was born and raised in the USA :D Their mum is a sweetheart

Dibs
Informer
Informer

Post by Dibs »

I suspect her family had some American relatives already when she was growing up so I don't think she was just relying on school for her English. Elle has that old children's book in her Tennessee room. She said it was given to her mother when she was a little girl, and the book was in English. It even had dedication in English.

itsme123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by itsme123 »

I agree with others -- this is a ridiculous post, you guys. You wouldn't like your parents on here being judged by strangers, so don't touch any gurus' families -- they don't deserve it.

parisandamoiree

Post by parisandamoiree »

I didn't think their mom seemed stuck up or anything. She seemed nice to me. It's not really a relevant topic anyways

chance86
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by chance86 »

Their Mom surprised me. She seems like more of an intellectual, almost nerdy (the same with their Dad). Her voice reminds me of a science teacher or something. The contrast between her demeanor and the girls' is odd. It's like these two sophisticated geeks ended up with 2 bimbos for daughters. She seems like a great homemaker though- generous with the girls and always trying to make them feel comfortable and well taken care of. But I get the stuck up vibe for sure.

DirtyMirror
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by DirtyMirror »

I agree with the above poster.

Their momma has a very husky and hearty voice. So not like Elle and Blair's voice at all! A lot of times you can hear a family resemblance in voice. I get nothing listening to them.

pepero

Post by pepero »

their mum reminds me of eleanor waldorf from gossip girl lol

delicatepearl
Talker
Talker

Post by delicatepearl »

itsme123 wrote:I agree with others -- this is a ridiculous post, you guys. You wouldn't like your parents on here being judged by strangers, so don't touch any gurus' families -- they don't deserve it.
I totally agree with this. Their mother has nothing to with their publicity on YouTube except for the fact she runs their store. It's disrespectful and unnecessary to go into their family's lives.

iuliamoon
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by iuliamoon »

pepero wrote:their mum reminds me of eleanor waldorf from gossip girl lol
so true

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

Well since we see their parents in vlogs, I feel like we have as much of a right to judge them as we do E&B.
But I don't think we see enough of them to get a good understanding of who they really are. Personally I think the whole family seem like a bunch of airheads. Booksmart but kinda goofy and airy. I mean, I'm Elle's age but don't sing songs with my parents in the car lol. Both of their parents seem to be caring people and proud of their daughters so probably oblivious to how E&B act. Their dad honestly gives me the creeps a little, he seems weird. But I like their mom, she seems like a sweet lady with style and I like when she appears in vlogs. I don't see where she appeared to be a bitch.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

Wow, I know this is old...

First of all, this is a low blow.

Secondly, I'd like to say that gurus' parents are out of line in my books UNLESS they put themselves out into social media too... in which case, I think we can judge. I've got Venus Angelic and her mother in mind when I say this.

Godisfromatlanta
Informer
Informer

Post by Godisfromatlanta »

Their mom seems like the typical rich preppy suburban mom to me. Maybe that's why some people feel she may be a snob? I haven't picked up any bitchy vibes in fact I quite like her. Her voice is far more pleasant to listen to than Elle or Blair's.

bubble07
Learner
Learner

Post by bubble07 »

chance86 wrote:Their Mom surprised me. She seems like more of an intellectual, almost nerdy (the same with their Dad). Her voice reminds me of a science teacher or something. The contrast between her demeanor and the girls' is odd. It's like these two sophisticated geeks ended up with 2 bimbos for daughters. She seems like a great homemaker though- generous with the girls and always trying to make them feel comfortable and well taken care of. But I get the stuck up vibe for sure.
I may be mistaken or mixed up with another YTG but isn't their father a surgeon or MD?

bubble07
Learner
Learner

Post by bubble07 »

itsme123 wrote:I agree with others -- this is a ridiculous post, you guys. You wouldn't like your parents on here being judged by strangers, so don't touch any gurus' families -- they don't deserve it.
Totes agree :tu:

Return to “Elle & Blair”