ScienceRules
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki

Post by ScienceRules »

Cp3p0 wrote:Image

Borderline pneumonia. Seriously? These fitspos are definitely not about health I swear she’s always sick with something awful. Wash your hands more Nikki! Stop touching your face!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She just had the pop up and because pneumonia/bronchitis is (more often than not) a bacterial respiratory disease, it's more likely that she caught it being surrounded by people coughing/sneezing while giving them hugs/etc rather than touching things.

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by Guest »

ScienceRules wrote:

Borderline pneumonia. Seriously? These fitspos are definitely not about health I swear she’s always sick with something awful. Wash your hands more Nikki! Stop touching your face!

She just had the pop up and because pneumonia/bronchitis is (more often than not) a bacterial respiratory disease, it's more likely that she caught it being surrounded by people coughing/sneezing while giving them hugs/etc rather than touching things.
that's interesting, i always assumed they were more commonly viral. either way, definitely not a great idea to be hugging people and travelling and everything else influencers do. it's a nasty time for flus (and just general illness) right now.

ScienceRules
Talker
Talker

Post by ScienceRules »

dontmakememakeyou wrote:
ScienceRules wrote:

that's interesting, i always assumed they were more commonly viral. either way, definitely not a great idea to be hugging people and travelling and everything else influencers do. it's a nasty time for flus (and just general illness) right now.
Nah! Usually bacterial pneumonia sets in after an initial viral/bacterial infection establishes (ie: bronchitis). The primary virus/bacteria is too busy occupying the immune system's responses that a secondary (exclusively in most cases) bacteria can then evade the immune system and establish a secondary infection (usually because the lung epithelium is damaged and the bacteria then has easier access to what we call the basement membrane) - thus, pneumonia develops. The good news for pneumonia being bacterial is that it is incredibly easy to treat with antibiotics. The downside is that these kinds of secondary infections drive antibiotic resistance but it usually happens in the elderly/children, not in healthy adults.

monkeyfit
Informer
Informer

Post by monkeyfit »

Sikki/Sicky Slackketter ? :rofl:

monkeyfit
Informer
Informer

Post by monkeyfit »

i actually think i would highly enjoy being nikki’s assistant. i like helping. probably pays well, and she seems like a nice person. if only i lived in LA because I’m on the job hunt haha

invasionsucexxy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by invasionsucexxy »

I know she's sick but she uploaded a total of 4 times in the past 4 weeks. I hope this assistant thing/ her getting over her bronchitis gets her ass back into gear.

Cp3p0
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cp3p0 »

Seems she’s made a heavy turn to twitch. She’s been on almost everyday and has subscribers and donations set up now.

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

Cp3p0 wrote:Seems she’s made a heavy turn to twitch. She’s been on almost everyday and has subscribers and donations set up now.

That’s an easy money maker, probably the only reason she’s doing it.

invasionsucexxy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by invasionsucexxy »

lauralovescats09 wrote:
Cp3p0 wrote:Seems she’s made a heavy turn to twitch. She’s been on almost everyday and has subscribers and donations set up now.

She been a gamer for quite some time now so it kinda makes sense. But I think it might also turn her more into a shut in

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

How much is she making from donations?

heidihumbug
Debater
Debater

Post by heidihumbug »

invasionsucexxy wrote:
lauralovescats09 wrote:

She been a gamer for quite some time now so it kinda makes sense. But I think it might also turn her more into a shut in
I could totally see her doing more twitch in the future for the reason that she could be a shut in and still make money. She can play league of legends for hours at home in her pjs, and someone will pay to watch. She’d have to actually try at it to make anything comparable to her other revenue streams I would think.

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

TBH I think turning to Twitch is pretty smart, all things considered. She's a homebody who loves video games, has a pretty face, and a humorous personality. I haven't watched her yet, but I will likely give it a try. I mean as much as I'd hate to see her not do as much YT/Fitness, a person's gotta do what they enjoy and are suited for.

mandicoot
Informer
Informer

Post by mandicoot »

fritzness wrote:TBH I think turning to Twitch is pretty smart, all things considered. She's a homebody who loves video games, has a pretty face, and a humorous personality. I haven't watched her yet, but I will likely give it a try. I mean as much as I'd hate to see her not do as much YT/Fitness, a person's gotta do what they enjoy and are suited for.
I agree. Ive watched her a tiny bit. Although, I do find it quite comical that she dolls herself up with hair and makeup for twitch, but youtube gets her slobby side. Lmao

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Cp3p0
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cp3p0 »

Spid wrote:

How much is she making from donations?
From the leader board this month $160 in donations.
$4.99/9.99/24.99 - month to subscribe. So far it’s really just extra emotes with each tier raise. 6,709 followers currently, not sure how many subs. She actually has the most followers out of all the streamers I follow.

Boo-shit
Debater
Debater

Post by Boo-shit »

mandicoot wrote:
fritzness wrote:TBH I think turning to Twitch is pretty smart, all things considered. She's a homebody who loves video games, has a pretty face, and a humorous personality. I haven't watched her yet, but I will likely give it a try. I mean as much as I'd hate to see her not do as much YT/Fitness, a person's gotta do what they enjoy and are suited for.
I agree. Ive watched her a tiny bit. Although, I do find it quite comical that she dolls herself up with hair and makeup for twitch, but youtube gets her slobby side. Lmao

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
LMAO! Good for her, maybe this is more her thing now

Thoserulesarent real
Debater
Debater

Post by Thoserulesarent real »

At first I was rooting for Nikki during her mini come back and thought she just lost herself but was on the way back to improving and giving Heidi the last laugh. Now I'm pretty sure her fitness days are numbered and soon she probably won't work out much. I don't think she was ever that athletic fitness girl and it was just a fad.

KlingonFitUK
Learner
Learner

Post by KlingonFitUK »

I’m kinda happy for her if she’s taking twitch seriously. Part of me still sees hours of spent playing video games as wasted, but world is changing. There’s people making good living just playing games, heck even my husband watches people play on tv at times.

ScienceRules
Talker
Talker

Post by ScienceRules »

I stream, I watch people stream (subbed to Jaz/Nikki, because they deserve it), and I have been involved in the gaming community for 9 years. It's a good community and tons of gamers make a living off of streaming while maintaining a healthy lifestyle (ie: Bajheera WoW, Warcraft Jen, Ducksauce, Valkyrae and a few other lovely people!). Yes, most of us gamers are fat (I go to conventions every year, lol) but there are a few of us who work out and take care of ourselves. And due to new incentive to get fit (gameified fitness apps, video games with movement like VR and dance games), tons of my friends are losing weight who are bariatric. It's actually incredibly motivating and warms my heart!

I know y'all love Nikki for her fitness, but she's a pretty good streamer (could interact with audience more, less tunnel vision but that's common with new gamers). I think this is a good alternative for her both for her income & for her sanity.

ScienceRules
Talker
Talker

Post by ScienceRules »

I stream, I watch people stream (subbed to Jaz/Nikki, because they deserve it), and I have been involved in the gaming community for 9 years. It's a good community and tons of gamers make a living off of streaming while maintaining a healthy lifestyle (ie: Bajheera WoW, Warcraft Jen, Ducksauce, Valkyrae and a few other lovely people!). Yes, most of us gamers are fat (I go to conventions every year, lol) but there are a few of us who work out and take care of ourselves. And due to new incentive to get fit (gameified fitness apps, video games with movement like VR and dance games), tons of my friends are losing weight who are bariatric. It's actually incredibly motivating and warms my heart!

I know y'all love Nikki for her fitness, but she's a pretty good streamer (could interact with audience more, less tunnel vision but that's common with new gamers). I think this is a good alternative for her both for her income & for her sanity.

chubbybunny
Informer
Informer

Post by chubbybunny »

I haven’t watched her streams but good for her for finding something she actually enjoys doing.
Thoserulesarent real wrote:At first I was rooting for Nikki during her mini come back and thought she just lost herself but was on the way back to improving and giving Heidi the last laugh. Now I'm pretty sure her fitness days are numbered and soon she probably won't work out much. I don't think she was ever that athletic fitness girl and it was just a fad.
Guess Nikki is back on mile one.

Return to “Nikki Blackketter - Archived Threads”