annoying things gurus do / annoying behaviors

Boo
Informer
Informer

Re: annoying things gurus do / annoying behaviors

Post by Boo »

I wish there was a rule against clickbait again.
BOO

BFH9
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BFH9 »

How they are all starting mukbang videos when they are a beauty channel!

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

Not sure where to put this so I'll put it here.
When did it become okay to spam the comment section of big youtubers begging for people to check your channel out? It's soooo annoying.
"Great vid youtuber I'm not subscribed to! Anybody out there wanna help a small channel grow? Click on my channel and subscribe, and I'll sub back! :)"
The thing that gets me is half the time these people only have 1 or 2 (sometimes 0) videos. Like you're hardly committed to yt, why are you begging for subscribers? Bet most of then quit after a few video when they're not instantly famous.

I love reading the discussions that go on in the comment sections, so this crap really annoys me. It seems like it's becoming a lot more common.
BOO

Olivia-Ash
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Olivia-Ash »

When on instagram tutorials, after applying contour not blended or something, they pull stupid faces like it's supposed to be hilarous... it's just embarrassing and irritating

V O L U M E
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by V O L U M E »

- Calling themselves a pro when they look casket ready.
- Doing apartment/house tours and their place is a mess.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

acting all pretentious when their phone buzzes but not editing it out cause ooobviously they are soo coool for getting text messages :roll:

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

Super excited.

"I'm super excited for my green juice this morning!"

"I'm super excited to show you this new hand sanitizer!"

"I'm super excited to file my tax returns today!!"

I don't mind 'super excited' for a wedding, amazing holiday, or the purchase of a Chanel bag, but that's hardly ever the case. (And if you're genuinely super excited to eat breakfast, where do you go from there?) But someone with a deadpan expression telling us that they are super excited to go and buy their 234th Mac lipstick today is such an eyeroller.

Lozisboss
Learner
Learner

Post by Lozisboss »

Biggest hate of mine is when they can't pronounce the name of a product or brand they're promoting... like Choies, Quay Sunglasses etc etc. Is it so hard to find this out BEFORE they start filming?? Or do they think it's a charming quirk to sound so dumb?

Also hate how they'll be showing a product or talking about a company and know NOTHING about said product/company - can't they look this up before filming? They are being PAID to mention a brand but can't be arsed to google search for 5 mins to avoid looking like an ignorant entitled ass.

Finally, and this is just a personal one as an English graduate - mis quoting famous sayings or quotes or adages etc - goes back to the other two points, they're just too lazy to look things up - either that or they think it makes them look super cute to be so duuuuuumb. :x :x :x

Fire in Her Eyes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fire in Her Eyes »

Please ban the word 'cute'. Please. Everything is cute in the guru world. These shoes are sooooo cute. This hat is soooooo cute. These pants, ohmahgawd sooooo cute. It's condescending, and a bit demeaning coming from the mouths of supposedly grown women who want people to treat them like grown, strong women but then act like they're fifteen years old and got $50 to blow at F21. :x

Lozisboss
Learner
Learner

Post by Lozisboss »

This one REALLY bugs me -

The 'look how big XYZ is - it's bigger than my head/hand etc'

WHY do guru's constantly want to measure items next to their head or hand? It's not like it provides me with any basis for reference - there's a reason why people measure items next to dollar bills or a 50 pence piece or even an iPhone - it's because these things are of universal standard size! Your head or hand are not a standard size!! Grrrrr!!! :x :x :x

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

oh and they have beyond hideous pronounciations of luxury brands, I mean they're pretentious enough to buy expensive shit but they cant even pronounce it, they only know that the kartrashians have that exact item so it's obviously hashtag goooaaalz
I've heard giiiiorgiiiio armani for exp.. the i is barely there in italian pronounciation

7rashpanda
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by 7rashpanda »

Don't even know where to start but by far, the most annoying thing ALL of them do is fake excitement, baby voice, squeaky voice and attempting to be funny which just results in them looking cringey AF.

We're all human, we know not everyone can be naturally funny, so I'd appreciate it if you just did your thing and stopped trying to pull faces or be "cute". You look mentally disabled, not "cute".

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

Beauty gurus:
- Babbling on about the video itself instead of the actual content. - THE VIDEO HAS A TITLE. I NOW WHAT THE VIDEO IS ABOUT FFS!
- "I wanted to make this video for a long time" - Yeah sure.
- "HEEY GUYYS!" - Ack.
- "That's so cute. OMG that's so cute." - Ok when you're 13 and dumb, not ok when you're 33 and settled.

Daily vlogs:
- Long intros. - If you must have an intro make it snappy and short. 3 seconds tops.
- Stopping what you do to talk to the camera. - It's not radio!
- Moaning about basic trivial stuff. - Sure we all do that, but take note, moaning is only interesting to the person venting, not to anybody else.
- Unpacking of fanmail/sponsorcrap/freegoodies. - You recieving all this stuff is the first step of making you unrelatable to me.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

lip wrote: - Unpacking of fanmail/sponsorcrap/freegoodies. - You receiving all this stuff is the first step of making you unrelatable to me.
couldn't agree more. i HATE those videos with a passion.

God
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by God »

i hate when they say “don’t mind my hair, don’t mind my nails, sorry it’s unwashed, didn’t get my nails done”
well then don’t film. wash your fucking hair, fix your ugly nails and then film instead of making excuses…

when they say “welcome back to my channel”

not knowing how to read/pronounce shade names… wow… is google that difficult to use, bish?

when they use concealer that’s clearly too light for them and it ends up making their whole foundation lighter. just. why?

long intros… every video i watch i literally skip 5 minutes in because they just taaaaalk so damn much

when they block people and answer hate comments, instead of answering to their fans

indiedreamer
Learner
Learner

Post by indiedreamer »

Lately I hate gurus not being prepared to film. I hate when I'm watching a video and they say something along the lines of "I'd compare it to x but it's upstairs and I can't be bothered going to get it" pause the filming and go get it. It's not that difficult to be properly prepared!

6sideting
Informer
Informer

Post by 6sideting »

When they go on rants about youtube or how "youtube is a real job". Bitch learn some work ethic and actually put effort into your channel and don't you dare compare your easy life to regular people breaking their backs at work everyday for not even a quarter of the earnings you get from doing nothing but making half assed videos once a month, vlogging getting your starbucks and nails done, and flopping on commitments and schedules you've made for your channel.

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

"It smells like walking into a Lush/Bath & Body Works."

Honestly just read the notes off the bottle because that would be 10x more helpful.
BOO

warmbrowns
Learner
Learner

Post by warmbrowns »

- Being a poor replica of:

a. Barbie
b. Kardashians
c. kawaii princess doll

How about being original? Your authentic self? Really sick of these Kardashian wannabes. Your dyed black hair does not match your skin. Self tanners look horrible, You are a white girl trying to look like a middle eastern woman. It looks off. You would look so much prettier in your natural skin tone.

- Microblading and eyelash extensions.

90% of the time i can see the strokes. And extensions cover up the natural shape and beauty of the eye. Don't see the point unless you have bald eyebrows or you are a cancer sufferer.

- Sitting at home all day. Doing nothing but worrying about your looks. Not having any skill or interest in anything else. Of course you'll end up being obsessed with your looks and eventually getting procedures done.

- Talking about their insecurities to be 'relatable'. This make me SO mad. You are taking advantage of how insecure most teenagers feel and monetizing on it. It's sickening. They pretend to understand and then they get more botox. Ugh.

litgreave_
Informer
Informer

Post by litgreave_ »

Wasn't sure where to post about this, but I find it so annoying how all these "gurus" do sponsorships with Hello Fresh. I know a lot of you tubers do videos with them, but it bothers me especially when beauty/fashion you tubers do it, because it's so clear that they're doing it just for the money. No part of Hello Fresh seems nice to me. It's way too overpriced, and the food always looks mediocre and just meh.
:love2:

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”