ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

Since she's probably reading this right now: HI, RACHEL!!

herbalrock
Learner
Learner

Post by herbalrock »

McQueen. wrote:Lol okay. After she made like 10 rage posts in a row about that ~insider~ thread. She has her section bookmarked.
Can't blame her; I got this section bookmarked too! :D

herbalrock
Learner
Learner

Post by herbalrock »

I never understood gurus who "refused" to look at their guru gossip pages. If I had a page all about me, good or bad, my ass would be all over that shit. Isn't that just human nature to be curious about what other people think about you? She doesn't have to act all high and mighty and above reading her board.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

I'm calling bullshit on the secretary who watches Rachel's videos. I also don't believe she was offered jobs at sephora and mac. And she has posted pics of girls in lingerie and stuff like that hasn't she? And yet no mention of her "cheating with girls probz" to be seen on here. What the fuck everrrrrr.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

Wtf.ever wrote:I'm calling bullshit on the secretary who watches Rachel's videos. I also don't believe she was offered jobs at sephora and mac. And she has posted pics of girls in lingerie and stuff like that hasn't she? And yet no mention of her "cheating with girls probz" to be seen on here. What the fuck everrrrrr.
This a thousand fucking times. And yeah, I never believed the Mac thing either. It was a clever ploy to get people to sub to her because she was making such a ~sacrifice~ I suppose.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

HattieChaos wrote:
Wtf.ever wrote:I'm calling bullshit on the secretary who watches Rachel's videos. I also don't believe she was offered jobs at sephora and mac. And she has posted pics of girls in lingerie and stuff like that hasn't she? And yet no mention of her "cheating with girls probz" to be seen on here. What the fuck everrrrrr.
This a thousand fucking times. And yeah, I never believed the Mac thing either. It was a clever ploy to get people to sub to her because she was making such a ~sacrifice~ I suppose.
What was the MAC story? I think this was before I watched any of her videos.

beachbunny525
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beachbunny525 »

TheSnarkPalette wrote:
HattieChaos wrote:
What was the MAC story? I think this was before I watched any of her videos.
She was supposedly interviewed at MAC and offered a job there, but was told she would have to delete her channel and blog if she took the job. She said she didn't take it because she had worked so hard on YouTube and didn't want to leave all of her minions.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

So two days in a row she was offered jobs at sephora and mac when she was just in there shopping? Okay. Lol.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=oxQTsqdT ... xQTsqdT0uo

Oh, and in the beginning of the video she sad it was the manager who said they should hire her, and to talk to the manager. ??

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

I'm confused. Is our bigger qualm with the fact that she's lying about being offered jobs (which she totally is—doesn't take a genius to figure that out), or that these companies are so highly regarded (which I personally think they're not; I know people who are worse at makeup than Rachel that work at MAC) that they would never think of offering someone like Rachel a job? Or both?

volume
Lurker
Lurker

Post by volume »

I don't find the offered jobs stories unbelievable because I hear of people getting jobs offered on the spot just randomly. Almost happened with me but then the bitch never contacted me back so it was pointless -__- I do think that being proud of working at a makeup store is a really stupid thing because it's..just..makeup. Being knowledgeable and working there can be fun but in no way something that would make me feel more accomplished than a doctor or firefighter or something.

The story about having to delete the youtube channel seems off.. I watch some gurus who work for makeup companies and they get attention for the brand because of their popularity on youtube, looking at you here JoshCollierMUA, and I really doubt that they demand you take down a channel. For example, MAC sends Temptalia/Christine PR samples (technically just a "regular person" who makes money with a beauty review site), but Rachel wouldn't be allowed to have a mostly-beauty channel that she works on in her free time and makes money with? Makes little sense.
Have a sip of my haterade.

beachbunny525
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beachbunny525 »

[youtube][/youtube]

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

Does anyone ever watch Rachels videos and just think about how uncomfortable she looks, like all the time. She's overweight for one thing and very short, so I imagine that in itself might be a bit uncomfortable but she's always wearing a half-inch layer of foundation/powder/blush and so much eye shadow and lipstick, when she really doesn't need that much foundation to begin with.

Also, I think she needs to get her hair trimmed or something, there's just so much of it, it almost looks like she has no neck in a lot of her videos.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

starryeyed01 wrote:I genuinely like Rachel, I don't know how but I find her quite entertaining to watch and pretty down to earth. However, admittedly I could never take makeup/fashion tips from her, I feel like she hardly knows much about makeup. But, there are several other "guru's" who lack makeup skills, and knowledge.
Has she ever thought about taking a simple course to improve her makeup skills? I have a hard time believing she got offered a MAC position on the spot (unless that counter was just very lenient and desperate to hire someone) because I applied to MAC a few months ago and they told me that although my makeup skills were really good, I'd need to get at least a certificate from a Beauty College that teaches makeup artistry which I'm starting in May.

The reason you need that is because although Rachel is skilled at putting makeup on herself and her other white friends, i don't think she has the skills to know what will look amazing on other skin tones and face shapes. Not everyone can pull off a bright pink lip with shimmery white/taupe eye shadow.

Bizzol
Learner
Learner

Post by Bizzol »

It's weird because she has a friend on YT named GioNicoleL who actually IS a MAC artist. She's even done a collab with her. Rachel had her featured on the the side of her YT cuz I believe that's how I found her.
Whelp actually looks like she's not on the featured tab anymore now...
But wouldn't that girl be unable to have a YT then??

tigresslily20
Informer
Informer

Post by tigresslily20 »

Hype233 wrote:Does anyone ever watch Rachels videos and just think about how uncomfortable she looks, like all the time. She's overweight for one thing and very short, so I imagine that in itself might be a bit uncomfortable but she's always wearing a half-inch layer of foundation/powder/blush and so much eye shadow and lipstick, when she really doesn't need that much foundation to begin with.

Also, I think she needs to get her hair trimmed or something, there's just so much of it, it almost looks like she has no neck in a lot of her videos.
I think she should just lay off the foundation for a few months until her skin clears up. If she absolutely needs some type of face make-up she should invest in a good BB cream or tinted moisturizer.

As for her height, she doesn't look that short to me. She's somewhere between 5'4 and 5'6, and that's normal. Her excessive weight gain might be dragging her body down though, being heavier can affect your posture.

volume
Lurker
Lurker

Post by volume »

Bizzol wrote:It's weird because she has a friend on YT named GioNicoleL who actually IS a MAC artist. She's even done a collab with her. Rachel had her featured on the the side of her YT cuz I believe that's how I found her.
Whelp actually looks like she's not on the featured tab anymore now...
But wouldn't that girl be unable to have a YT then??
A+
Have a sip of my haterade.

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker

Post by trainedwreck »

the cameltoe looks great with her new outfit!

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

trainedwreck wrote:the cameltoe looks great with her new outfit!
This.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

trainedwreck wrote:the cameltoe looks great with her new outfit!
OMFG I was thinking the same thing. I think she should just stay away from high-waisted anything until her stomach flattens out a bit. Sorry not sorry. At age 21 she should have some idea of how to dress for her own curvier, heavier body type. Her wardrobe looks like it belongs to a 90 Lbs 17 year old.

littleyellowspider
Learner
Learner

Post by littleyellowspider »

High waist actually CAN work for bigger girls, her problem is shes not wearing the proper size. She needs to go up at least one size but looking at her thighs I'd say probably two just to be safe. She would look a million times thinner and wouldn't need the angles if she would just buy clothes that fit her properly.

Also, its funny how she is now wearing the styles she used to bitch about. I remember her throwing a fit about cut of shorts and shorts in general about two years ago.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”