Should I "just go for it" or keep things how they are?

Should I "just go for it" or keep things how they are?

Post by Guest »

I"m 23, he's 22.

To make a long story short... this guy is someone I've found attractive since last year but did not know. Since the start of this year, we've become co-workers, then we were in the same social circle as acquaintances , and now we're friends. One of my very good friends is his ex and even though they only dated three weeks last school year, they had a bad break-up (she wanted wild passion and adventure which he couldn't give her and he was way more into her than she was him) which is why I never made a move. That and I could not "human" around him for the longest time.

I couldn't speak to him without getting tongue tied, would get so nervous I'd become the worlds biggest klutz, ignore him completely.... yeah. Well time passed, I started finding other men attractive which helped lessen the pressure I felt in my head and that's when we became friends. Well throughout this I kept my feelings secret from my good friend... that is until my other co-worker Danelle (who'd overheard my talking to another friend) let slip that I have feeling for her ex.

My good friend and I had been fighting (now resolved, just needed a break from each other since we live, work, and go to school with each other) and my friend went to her for advice. Danelle basically said "Maybe she (me) and ____ have a thing and don't know how to tell you? I know A.P. likes him. ____ has been coming around early and leaving late lately too". Well my friend has (since I found out Sunday) told me she approves and thinks we would be good together. I think we would too. Unlike my other infatuations, I could not only see myself with him but... happy. We'd probably be a "boring" couple that stays in a lot more than going out and that is kinda very okay with me.

Thing is I like that I can talk to him now. I don't want that to change. I don't want WWIII again if we weren't to work out like it was with them. I don't want to put myself out there only to be rejected because he might think of me as nothing more than a friend. I don't want to potentially start a relationship with someone less than six weeks before our spring semester ends and I go stay at my parents place for the summer (two months) either. To make things harder, everyone who knows (around five of my closest friends/co-workers) about my feelings says I should go for it (one even going so far as threatening to casually "slip" and tell him about my feelings for him if I didn't). Also, I haven't dated since I was seventeen since my first and last relationship (our break-up) was somewhat traumatic so I think I've got issues there too that are holding me back.

Tl;dr *Guy is friends ex. Bad break up but okay terms now.
*Friend has already given me the ok.
*I can see myself with him
*I have doubts- I don't want another WWIII if we don't work; I don't want to put myself out there if he thinks of me as just a friend; AND I'm especially hesitant because the semester is ending in less than six weeks and I'll be a few hours away from here for a couple months.
*Despite this, everyone who knows (about five or so friends/co-workers) want me to go for it.

Rachelle10211
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Should I "just go for it" or keep things how they are?

Post by Rachelle10211 »

In my opinion, if you two are mature adults and, good friends like you say; I think you should get him alone and have an adult conversation with him about how you feel. Lay it out there that you are interested in him romantically, but by no means want it to ruin your friendship if he doesn't reciprocate the feelings. If he doesn't feel that way things may be a bit weird after it happens but, if he truly is a good friend and, good guy he will come around. I've had a similar situation, we were co-workers and instead of addressing the situation, I put the flirt game on high and made a fool of myself. Just think, if it doesn't pan out and he runs for the hills, there are another 7 billion people out there to choose from.

aaliyah345
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by aaliyah345 »

Lifes too short hunni, just go for it :tu:

Bumblebee88
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bumblebee88 »

I would definitely go for it bbe

Return to “Relationships”