What makeup products do you not wear?

mychelle+
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What makeup products do you not wear?

Post by mychelle+ »

For me, it's false eyelashes, eyeshadow primers, lip glosses, and setting sprays.

laladoll
Learner
Learner

Post by laladoll »

lipliner (tho i really wanna join the fad haha! sucks for my perpetually chapped lips), primer (occasionally i'll use mac paint pots), falsies.

chunkemonke
Talker
Talker

Post by chunkemonke »

Lipstick, lipgloss, tinted balms. No matter how much I moisturize my lips no color seems to look good on me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not USED to wearing color on my lips, or my lips just aren't lipstick material ... :(

Falsies or waterproof mascara, falsies because I have long lashes that are straight so I would imagine it would look stupid plus it looks like too much effort, and I'm just scared of gluing them on haha. And waterproof mascara because I can never get it off.

I also don't usually wear foundation unless I feel more self conscious than usual, because I hate the feeling of anything on my skin (even moisturizer.) But! I just started moisturizing in the past year though and I'll never go back lol. :D

Nickelliebear
Learner
Learner

Post by Nickelliebear »

I skip on highlighter more often than not.

Falsies aren't something I dig out often either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toodaloo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by toodaloo »

I don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes. I have never been able to find one that does not smudge.

Deir
Learner
Learner

Post by Deir »

Lip gloss (nasty), primer (lazy), and eyeliner (lazy).

orilla

Post by orilla »

I never wear lip gloss, for some reason whenever I try to I just freak out and wipe it off. I also blot whatever lipstick I'm wearing. I like matte lips. :(

I also never wear highlighter. I own a couple but I'm always too heavy handed and can't see it showing up on my skin so I apply more and then my face just looks discoball-esque. Wah.

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe »

Lipgloss - disgusting;
Face primer - I've never felt a need to use it. Eyeshadow primer - yes and it's made a difference, but the face one - not really;
Foundation - because lately I'm too lazy to put it on in the mornings and get away with concealing. Pretty sure I won't wear it either when it gets hot and I feel it clogging the f@ck out of my pores;
Bronzer and/or a contouring product - ain't nobody got time for that. At least not me. I'm okay with a little bit of blush.

like-a-dq-blizzard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by like-a-dq-blizzard »

Lipgloss. I can't believe it was ever my favorite thing. The only exceptions are stains like the MUFE Aqua Rouge things.
I don't really use bronzer either, I never feel like I need it.

chickennugget
Talker
Talker

Post by chickennugget »

chunkemonke wrote:I'm not sure if it's because I'm not USED to wearing color on my lips, or my lips just aren't lipstick material ... :(
I think it's impossible for someone not to be able to wear lipstick! Trust me, you just have to get used to it. At first I hated lipstick and thought I looked crazy. Now I love it and have an amazing collection that is slowly approaching embarrassing (not to me!). Finding the right color also has a lot to do with it.

I would go somewhere that sells lipstick that you can try on first, such as a MAC counter. Not necessarily to buy anything (though if you see something you like and would wear, get it if its within your budget), but just to get a feel for what you like and what looks good. This way you can find colors more easily at drugstores, etc.

For getting over the way it looks, I would just go somewhere cheap and purchase a .99 cent lipstick or something. I think Wet n Wild have them... pick a color (or a few) you like and just wear it around your house, looking in the mirror whenever you pass one for a couple days. If you still really don't like it after getting used to it, you may just not like lipstick, or you may just need to find a better color/different finish. It's tricky, but I wouldn't just give up. Lip products add a lot to a look for some people. :)

chickennugget
Talker
Talker

Post by chickennugget »

Double post; should've added this but forgot. :/

Lipgloss: I hate it. So sticky and gross.
Bronzer: I don't like shimmer on my face and nothing shows up on me anyway.
Highlight (powder/cream/concealer): haven't found one I liked.
False lashes: have one pair, can't figure out how to put them on correctly. :(

ThatPerson
Debater
Debater

Post by ThatPerson »

primer - nope

false eyelashes - aint nobody got time for that

eyeshadow - nice but aint nobody got time to be sat blendin shit first thing in the morning

highlighter - meh

lipgloss and lipstick - i hate having to reapply it all the time.

Chunky_Cocoa
Learner
Learner

Post by Chunky_Cocoa »

False eyelashes - I'm crap at applying them, and they're imo only for special occasions. I don't have lots of special occasions. (sidenote: :? to the chick who says individual lashes are easier than mascara. wut?)

Eyeliner colors on my waterline other than black or nude - brown eyeliner doesn't show up on my skin. And I see ladies on YT putting all sorts of green and blue and purple in the lower waterline... :(

Bronzer - I'm black, so I don't really see the point of it. Nature's done the bronzing for me.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

bronzer: never
eyeshadows: few times a year
false lashes: never
face primer: nah

Lefaineant
Informer
Informer

Post by Lefaineant »

eyebrow products since i don't need it

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

Bronzer - I'm very pale so it just looks weird on me imo
Lashes - Only for special occasions. I do like the look of them but they're so expensive here
Highlight - Just haven't found one I like on me yet and I'm too cheap to start a massive hunt for one :rofl:

Neatfreak
Learner
Learner

Post by Neatfreak »

Somehow primers never worked for me. It just made my make-up blotchy. Fortunately with a good setting spray my foundation stays in place since I have really dry skin.

_N_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _N_ »

concealer. always creases under my eyes, which ends up making me look older, and never completely covers my pimples so i'll stick with just foundation to cover my pimples . less hassle. as for my under eyes, i've just accepted my fate of looking like a raccoon for lyfe lol

canyounot24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by canyounot24 »

I rarely wear blush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I don't wear:

Face primer. My skin isn't oily, so as long as I moisturize my face well I have enough moisture in my skin for my foundation to stay on well and prevent patchiness. Plus, it's just one more thing to put on your face in the morning and I don't need more layers on my skin...

Heavy foundation. Just feels gross and I don't need the coverage.

Any cheek products: blush, bronzer, contour powder, highlighter. I'm pale so bronzer looks weird, trying to contour/highlight is pointless on my face and I'm really sick of that trend so I've avoided it at all costs. I don't mind blush, but it always looks weirdly placed on me. Plus no matter what I feel like it makes me feel too "done up" and fake.

Heavy eye makeup & liquid liner. Again, doesn't suit me and looks gross on me lol.

Lip liner. I don't wear heavy or matte lipsticks so there's no point.

Lip gloss. Gross and sticky.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”