Rude psychiatrist

Dumbo
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rude psychiatrist

Post by Dumbo »

I really need to vent right now. I just came from my psychiatrist office and she was so mean to me today for some reason. She actually told me that I deserve my problems because I refused to take antidepressants. She literally used the word ''deserved''. What kind of doctor says something like that??? And those antidepressants i refused where something I have already taken in the past ( she knows that ) and they messed my body up really badly ( which she also knows ), that's why don't want to take those again.

She really made me feel like poop. Has anyone had similar experiences? If yes, what did do you? I'm seriously considering getting a new psychiatrist now. I mean i have seen this person for over 2 years, this attitude that she had today came out of the blue.

Help :/
English is my second language so please excuse my mistakes and if I say something weird. <3

Eleabear57
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Rude psychiatrist

Post by Eleabear57 »

pm'd

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Hi....Are you doing better? Did you make a decision? Is there anything else you want to discuss? :love2:
I would be happy to talk to with you.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I work with mental health.
Have you and your psychiatrist talked about any newer medications.
Will they work better with your body chemistry.
She may have been trying to provoke a response.
I would not approve of that approach.

tt96
Talker
Talker

Post by tt96 »

hope you find a psychiatrist who actually cares for their patients, that is such negligence for ones position. hope you are okay!

juicysweatsuits
Talker
Talker

Post by juicysweatsuits »

Dumbo wrote:I really need to vent right now. I just came from my psychiatrist office and she was so mean to me today for some reason. She actually told me that I deserve my problems because I refused to take antidepressants. She literally used the word ''deserved''. What kind of doctor says something like that??? And those antidepressants i refused where something I have already taken in the past ( she knows that ) and they messed my body up really badly ( which she also knows ), that's why don't want to take those again.

She really made me feel like poop. Has anyone had similar experiences? If yes, what did do you? I'm seriously considering getting a new psychiatrist now. I mean i have seen this person for over 2 years, this attitude that she had today came out of the blue.

Help :/
I had quite a similar experience with my psychiatrist! He was more interested in my parent's occupations and my SAT scores?? Even though I'm in college already and SAT scores were irrelevant to me. He also seemed to talk down on me especially after I mentioned I'm in online college. But as a psychiatrist isn't that something that could benefit patients who deal with social anxiety, agoraphobia, and/or depression???

He also commented on my weight a lot. I'm nautrally underweight and it is extremely hard for me to gain weight, even as much as I want to! I struggled a lot with my self-image and I've always been envious of girls with curves to their body. He mentioned multiple times in my appointment that I was "too skinny". At the end of my appointment, he even made me step on the scale.

I refused to take the SSRIs he gave me, which were absolute shit. They made me feel nauseous, like a robot, and I just felt GROSS. I never went to see the psychiatrist again. I'm in the process of finding a new one.

If anyone is has experienced a similar issue with an insensitive psychiatrist just know this: YOU are the only one who knows exactly what yu're going through. The psychiatrit is not experiencing the things you are experiencing. At the end of the day, they are just there to make money. If you find a doctor who really cares about your mental health, then you are lucky. A lot of doctors nowadays just care about their paychecks.
boo, you whore.
:HK: :love2:

Return to “Health”