Temptalia Part 2

Karening
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Temptalia Part 2

Post by Karening »

ColdHeartedBitch wrote:I found some old videos of her wherein she's using MAC NC20 and NC25 when she's clearly an NC40. She has the same syndrome as Jaclyn Hill but whereas Jaclyn tries to convince everyone that she's a medium to dark olive/golden tone, Christine tries to convince everyone that she's fair skinned with pink/peachy tones. And they both use massive lights to make themselves look flawless. So weird.
Maybe that would explain why the colors she shows with products are NEVER right. I mean NEVER. I've seen other bloggers use photos of the same products and they're almost always closer to being right on target. She must film with a searchlight.

Now another question I can never figure out in her reviews: how can she test each eye shadow in a palette, then say it lasted 8 hours? Does she wear four different ones on each eye? Assuming she sleeps (and never goes out, since having two different made-up eyes is gonna make her look even more certifiable), how can she go through so many palettes? And how can she claim to have tested so many different products for the same part of the face (foundation, blush, etc.) for days or weeks? I know she got fat, but even so, her face has only so much real estate! I even read her FAQ to see if she can explain this discrepancy, and she doesn't even acknowledge it. Just that she's the most thorough review evah.

Is it me, or is there a way to review so many products on the same face and claim 8 hour wear time? Or is this a steaming pile of BS?

bumbling_buzzard
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bumbling_buzzard »

Karening wrote:
ColdHeartedBitch wrote:I found some old videos of her wherein she's using MAC NC20 and NC25 when she's clearly an NC40. She has the same syndrome as Jaclyn Hill but whereas Jaclyn tries to convince everyone that she's a medium to dark olive/golden tone, Christine tries to convince everyone that she's fair skinned with pink/peachy tones. And they both use massive lights to make themselves look flawless. So weird.
Maybe that would explain why the colors she shows with products are NEVER right. I mean NEVER. I've seen other bloggers use photos of the same products and they're almost always closer to being right on target. She must film with a searchlight.

Now another question I can never figure out in her reviews: how can she test each eye shadow in a palette, then say it lasted 8 hours? Does she wear four different ones on each eye? Assuming she sleeps (and never goes out, since having two different made-up eyes is gonna make her look even more certifiable), how can she go through so many palettes? And how can she claim to have tested so many different products for the same part of the face (foundation, blush, etc.) for days or weeks? I know she got fat, but even so, her face has only so much real estate! I even read her FAQ to see if she can explain this discrepancy, and she doesn't even acknowledge it. Just that she's the most thorough review evah.

Is it me, or is there a way to review so many products on the same face and claim 8 hour wear time? Or is this a steaming pile of BS?
I've wondered the exact same thing. I don't think she goes out much. She's admitted she's a homebody and if you ever read her weekend plans in the Friday posts, they mostly consist of working or brunch. Zzzzz. She kind of seems like she has no real personality.

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

bumbling_buzzard wrote:
Karening wrote:

I've wondered the exact same thing. I don't think she goes out much. She's admitted she's a homebody and if you ever read her weekend plans in the Friday posts, they mostly consist of working or brunch. Zzzzz. She kind of seems like she has no real personality.
I remember reading that she never travels abroad either, 'no time'. You're raking it in (she used to at least), live a ittle woman! It's pretty sad.

And yes her reviews are total BS, no way she can test that much and review it all properly.

BeautyTruthSleuth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BeautyTruthSleuth »

So, two weeks ago she was involved in some drama with Juvia's Place, a makeup company. Their products are considered amazing for the price. They do not have a stellar reputation due to getting too big too fast, but they now have a staff and are fixing things.

Anyway... One of the people who helps run the Juvia's Place instagram reposted a photo from another instagram and didn't know it was her. Ironically the other instagram didn't credit her either but they didn't get any shit for it like Juvia's did.

So Temptalia copyright strikes the photo on the JP instagram and got the pics removed. Naturally the person behind the JP instagram reached out to resolve it and eventually the owner got involved. They seemed to have worked everything out, until Temptalia decided to be petty hours after the fact and went on a big Twitter rant about it, failing to mention that they resolved everything before her rant:

So this was all seemingly squashed until today when she decided to be petty by throwing shade at the brand, again.

This is a pic of a Juvia's Place palette.

This is her shading them on her page.

I always spoke out against Juvia's Place but I recently spoke to the owner and she assured me that the way T made it all look from the beginning to right now is not how it exactly happened.

I honesty just think it's petty for her to randomly drag them again two weeks after the fact when everything was already resolved.

I lost a lot of respect for her, and it seems like she's jumping aboard the petty drama train that so many influencers and bloggers are on nowadays.

For some reason, I can totally picture Jeffree Star attempting to befriend her since his enemy Doe Deere encouraged her customers to harass her by emailing her to tell her how awesome Lime Crime is. I guess she thinks she needs to start drama and be petty to remain afloat these days..... Sad.

Calling it now.... Her and J* will be besties in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NNYsMrEff
Debater
Debater

Post by NNYsMrEff »

I’m new to this forum so please forgive my ignorance. Can somebody give me some cliff notes on why she’s so hated? Her reviews are always near the top of google searches for me so that’s why I had to come over here to abhorred bloggers to see what’s up.

On that note I’m working on her first thread from start to end but that may take a little bit, hence the request. Other extra curriculars: I finished muse’s thread (omg magic, guys), just had an aneurysm reading amrezy’s.

Persephone7
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Persephone7 »

She can be short with people. If someone says something in her comment section that she misinterprets as negative, she can be very rude in her reply. Instead of asking the person who made the comment to clarify something, she’ll scold them in a nasty way, even though that person didn’t even mean anything bad in the first place.

I like to read her reviews, but the swatch pictures can be misleading. As people here have mentioned, she has gained weight over the past few years, but I have no problem with that. It happens, and she’s still attractive. But her smile isn’t as big and sincere as it was a few years ago, which makes her recent pictures not as nice as they used to be, and her extremely heavy-handed blush application is so unflattering, and it does not give any idea of how the blush would look in real life.

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

New user here, but I remember reading once in an old post about how she will post items in a collection individually, as opposed to a master posts of sorts, in order to maximize ad revenue....and once I learned this I saw how infuriating this is! All those Tom Ford lipsticks- does anyone really need to get a different update a day on them? I remember that being really bad, especially because there were just so many. Oh, and the MUFE face powders (blushes, bronzers, highlighters). I think she reviewed the lot of them, individually, and all in separate posts. And while sure, it may in theory get you more profit, your content looks the same. I never want to see a Tom Ford lipstick again (unless I'm being given a present in that case yes please)

Caropops
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Caropops »

I love the concept of her page but find the layout almost impossible to find any info that I am after. If she fixed that it would a bomb website

Karening
Informer
Informer

Post by Karening »

BeautyTruthSleuth wrote:So, two weeks ago she was involved in some drama with Juvia's Place, a makeup company. Their products are considered amazing for the price. They do not have a stellar reputation due to getting too big too fast, but they now have a staff and are fixing things.

Anyway... One of the people who helps run the Juvia's Place instagram reposted a photo from another instagram and didn't know it was her. Ironically the other instagram didn't credit her either but they didn't get any shit for it like Juvia's did.

So Temptalia copyright strikes the photo on the JP instagram and got the pics removed. Naturally the person behind the JP instagram reached out to resolve it and eventually the owner got involved. They seemed to have worked everything out, until Temptalia decided to be petty hours after the fact and went on a big Twitter rant about it, failing to mention that they resolved everything before her rant.
I don't follow Temptalia that much, unless I'm desperate for swatches that NEVER resemble what they look like in real life. But her shading Juvia's Place is just BS. She should be paying anyone to 'steal' her shitty photos. Usually no one is that desperate.

Persephone7
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Persephone7 »

Karening wrote:I don't follow Temptalia that much, unless I'm desperate for swatches that NEVER resemble what they look like in real life.
So true!!! She needs to fix her lighting.

I used to post comments to her blog, but I hate the way she plays favorites with her members. While one regular member can post how much she dislikes a product, if I said the something similar, I'd get a rude comment back from Christine. I still check out her reviews sometimes, but I am not a member of her "mean girls" community anymore.

Post by Guest »

Persephone7 wrote:
Karening wrote:I don't follow Temptalia that much, unless I'm desperate for swatches that NEVER resemble what they look like in real life.
I used to post comments to her blog, but I hate the way she plays favorites with her members. While one regular member can post how much she dislikes a product, if I said the something similar, I'd get a rude comment back from Christine. I still check out her reviews sometimes, but I am not a member of her "mean girls" community anymore.
Long time lurker here, finally made an account. I agree with the above posters who say "How can she still be relevant?" What the f has happened to her over the past few years? Foundation that is way too light and way too heavy, garish eye & lip & cheek colors. Clown makeup. Kabuki theater makeup, downright scary looking. I used to be able to kind of tell what products would look like, but she piles it all on so heavily any more it's freaky.

Someone asked her a bit ago if she could post some subtler looks like she used to and of course she replied with a bitchy comment that basically said that if you didn't like her style, sod off. Don't even want to give her the clicks any more but sometimes I go and look for a laugh. She must not get much free stuff lately; she pushes the same few brands over and over.

gossipMania
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by gossipMania »

I think she does not bring anything relevant, a majority of the good reviews I find on the non-popular websites pictures also. I don't even think that Christine is trying to step up the game.

GuruG
Learner
Learner

Post by GuruG »

Ok, I'm now convinced she's either colour blind or doesn't understand colour vocabulary. MAC powder kiss shade "sultriness" has "warm undertones"?? Bitch WHERE??? I bought that shade specifically because it's neutral pink leaning cool toned. It's super close to my natural lip colour, which is almost lavander. How's she a makeup authority? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

Not the happiest with her at the moment. Her photos are not accurate or true to life, color wise. And she changed her blog layout AGAIN to maximize page views. She took away the product grades from the front so you have to click on the individual review to see it. Now the blog looks horrendous and messy.

Post by Guest »

I don't know how many products I've purchased based on her swatches that ended up basically being an entirely different color family once they arrived. The only reason I visit the site anymore is to do a quick drive-by and get names of new products in order to look for swatches elsewhere.

pinkalicious
Talker
Talker

Post by pinkalicious »

I'm so sick of her posting eye looks, I go to that site to see new releases and all she does is post eyeshadow looks. Atm she is doing Sydney Grace eyeshadow looks. She should put those pics on her Instagram instead of on Temptalia. I agree with others, the colour accuracy is terrible. Sometimes there's even a pink light on some swatches that makes you think it's a duochrome product when it's not. The Stans in the comment section are the same people who always post. It's funny how many people DON'T comment anymore on her posts. I used to check it everyday to see what products were coming out, now I do once a week if that, just because I'm so sick of the crap she posts. Another annoying thing was when she put together her own palette ideas. That's the kind of shit that should be reserved for Instagram, not a review site.

Catyogurttasteflavor
Debater
Debater

Post by Catyogurttasteflavor »

I usually go there for swatches and new release news, once in a while. But she can't put makeup on. Seriously. After all these years, girl just cannot do her own makeup and is stuck in the late 2000s (I remember her from Specktra.net and MAC was all the rage). Is it possible to be a "good reviewer" but have bad skills?

iwatchyoutube
Debater
Debater

Post by iwatchyoutube »

Wow. Haven't seen a photo of her in YEARS. Did she gain weight? Did she get work done? What happened .... ?

Post by Guest »

Age and weight gain. Not kind to any of us, but when you're a beauty blogger it's doubly cruel.

I gave up checking her site -- same few brands, same garish looks, same stans in the comments. Buh bye, relevancy!

Post by Guest »

Christine looks like a beached whale on shore. She used to be pretty rip

Return to “Temptalia”