Morphe eyeshadow palettes

BornThisWay94

Re: Morphe eyeshadow palettes

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I have their newest palette, the 35R Ready, Set, Gold. I had never ordered from them before and was eager to try, so I got one. Was shipped to me super fast, got to me in less than a week and it's...decent. The eyeshadows themselves smell a little funky and the packaging is obviously cheap and flimsy, but when I used them they went on my lids fine, blended fine, and stayed on the whole day.

I was expecting the mattes to be chalky and barely useable, like BH Cosmetics, but mine were surprisingly pigmented as were the shimmers. I figured "Okay, well that's a finger swatch, how about on a brush?" Naturally they didn't go on a vibrant with the brushes, as most eyeshadows don't, but they were still pretty nice and buttery. Maybe since it's their newest palette they updated the formula? Who knows. I thought it was a decent palette for less than $30 with shipping. I'd consider ordering from them again.

mischievouscat
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mischievouscat »

tbh i was super sceptical about morphe and never intended buying from them, but cult beauty had their zodiac palette for sale for around 12.99 pounds and so i got it and i have to say, the shadows are beautiful! except for slight patchiness of the dark green matte, the shadows are very pigmented and buttery imo!

Post by Guest »

Morphe isn't the worst but it isn't the best. I think it's great if you're on a budget but if you can afford to spend a little more, I'd pass. I want to get the 35R though

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

CinnamonBun wrote:Morphe isn't the worst but it isn't the best. I think it's great if you're on a budget but if you can afford to spend a little more, I'd pass. I want to get the 35R though
I have that one and have since ordered more since my last post, they're actually worth the money imo. You get a lot of different colors and they blend pretty well and have good pigmentation. My Morphe palettes are my go-to's now.

lowkeyshittalker
Informer
Informer

Post by lowkeyshittalker »

Yeah i have about 3 big palletes now and 1 of the smaller palletes. They really aren't bad for the price. I have UD shadows that are chalkier than Morphes. Ive only ordered once online though so i haven't had a bad experience there. After hearing all the horror stories i decided to wait until I'm in California and go to the store. Lol

If stress burned calories, I'd be a supermodel

Moccachocolatti
Informer
Informer

Post by Moccachocolatti »

Zoeva is better quality and cheap too. And I like Zoeva brushes and real techniques. They are soft and do not shed.
Morphe just sheds and is harsh on my skin. Especially the brushes for the face. Morphes eyeshadow brushes are ok.. but I prefer real techniques.
I dont like morphe's eyeshadows at all. I had the 35o and tried it, but it made my eyelids itch like crazy. Zoeva never makes me itch at all.

Mmmmmmmakeup
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Mmmmmmmakeup »

Has anyone tried the purple palette? It's so hard to find purples, specifically mattes. Is it worth it for the shade variety, or is it better to save my money and build my own palette? I've been looking at inglot, which has a lot of shades.

Mrose
Learner
Learner

Post by Mrose »

Mmmmmmmakeup wrote:Has anyone tried the purple palette? It's so hard to find purples, specifically mattes. Is it worth it for the shade variety, or is it better to save my money and build my own palette? I've been looking at inglot, which has a lot of shades.
I have it and all the "true" purples blend into light brown colors. If you aren't afraid of ordering from Kylie, her purple palette is worth a try if you want true purples.
sometimes... i sit in my room...and think...about us

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

My friend has the Morphe Jaclyn Hill palette and it is really good to say it's Morphe. She got it from one of the retailers here...Beauty Bay or Cult Beauty - something like that x
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

canyounot24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by canyounot24 »

They're mediocre at best. Poor colour pay out. Not worth it.

achlys
Talker
Talker

Post by achlys »

The JH palette was surprisingly good. A friend just recently gifted it to me so it's after the reformulation and repackaging nonsense but the shades are decent. Don't think it's worth $38 though.

Return to “Morphe”