Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

happygolucky
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by happygolucky »

Why does this girl have so many interns for such a small channel? Where did Dara go?

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

happygolucky wrote:Why does this girl have so many interns for such a small channel? Where did Dara go?
I think to mostly help her w/ "lifebyher lookbook". Not sure where Dara went, maybe her internship has ended. Speaking of the lookbook, does anybody have the access to/is in the group? They always bang on about how great it is.

mt_1980
Learner
Learner

Post by mt_1980 »

I really can't stand her boyfriend. He thinks he's funny but he's so cringey. He puts me off watching her videos but I really like her style. I also like that fact that she still buys high street and hasn't sold out and gone all high end.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Stopped watching her after she got boobs and started talking like a robot, stuck up snob.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

I just canceled my subscription from her channel and came here to check if she had a thread.

What happened to this girl?. Last year she was doing so great! Her vlogs were on point. Now. I can't remember the last time I watched a complete vlog of her. The videos became so boring. Ryan always looks so upset and makes me upset just to watch him. And Ashley doesn't seem to doing much lately.

I didn't like the idea to get an intern. Didn't she quit her job to dedicate completely to her own business? Yet she gets someone to do her job.

And now they got a puppy. Dont get me wrong, the puppy is lovely, but her Instagram is all about the puppy, the vlogs are about the puppy... I didn't subscribed to see her grumpy boyfriend and a cute puppy. I wanted to see more on her tips on fashion and fitness.

Anyway, boring videos. Boring Social media. I wanted to to gave her a second chance but waiting months and nothing changed. Content keeps getting worse and worse. Bye bye.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

Yeah, maybe if she does vlogmas again this year she'll get back on the right track, but I doubt it. It's a shame, for a while she was my favourite ytr and now I find myself skipping through her videos as well.

OT but I also don't like how she does her hair these days- I much prefer her with the straight hair. Annoying that she's got the partnership with Tarte and it is all she uses now, apart from the Dermablend. :roll:

haulbiotch
Talker
Talker

Post by haulbiotch »

lizzy wrote:I just canceled my subscription from her channel and came here to check if she had a thread.

What happened to this girl?. Last year she was doing so great! Her vlogs were on point. Now. I can't remember the last time I watched a complete vlog of her. The videos became so boring. Ryan always looks so upset and makes me upset just to watch him. And Ashley doesn't seem to doing much lately.

I didn't like the idea to get an intern. Didn't she quit her job to dedicate completely to her own business? Yet she gets someone to do her job.

And now they got a puppy. Dont get me wrong, the puppy is lovely, but her Instagram is all about the puppy, the vlogs are about the puppy... I didn't subscribed to see her grumpy boyfriend and a cute puppy. I wanted to see more on her tips on fashion and fitness.

Anyway, boring videos. Boring Social media. I wanted to to gave her a second chance but waiting months and nothing changed. Content keeps getting worse and worse. Bye bye.
This! She became so so so boring. And what is wrong with Ryan??? He always seems down and sarcastic. When did this change happen? I am trying to pin point when it all went downhill. She was such a breath of fresh air when she started. Working full time, so much energy, happy. And Ryan actually complimented her vlogs. There was a time when they were actually funny together.

Now - Ryan is miserable and she is soooo boring.

I would like to echo the question someone asked above - does anyone subscribe to the life by her lookbook? How much is it? Is it worth it? It looks a bit cringe worthy to me. ladies posting themselves in changing rooms asking for opinions.

And is this what is giving her enough money to pay 2 extra salaries? Since she was so adamant they are not interns.

blahblah20
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by blahblah20 »

haulbiotch wrote:
lizzy wrote:I just canceled my subscription from her channel and came here to check if she had a thread.

This! She became so so so boring. And what is wrong with Ryan??? He always seems down and sarcastic. When did this change happen? I am trying to pin point when it all went downhill. She was such a breath of fresh air when she started. Working full time, so much energy, happy. And Ryan actually complimented her vlogs. There was a time when they were actually funny together.

Now - Ryan is miserable and she is soooo boring.

I would like to echo the question someone asked above - does anyone subscribe to the life by her lookbook? How much is it? Is it worth it? It looks a bit cringe worthy to me. ladies posting themselves in changing rooms asking for opinions.

And is this what is giving her enough money to pay 2 extra salaries? Since she was so adamant they are not interns.
They're getting money from somewhere that's for sure. That's what makes me think it's either family money or Ryan is indeed doing well for himself. They always lived in really nice NYC apartments even when her channel was small. They live in the Sky building and rent for a 1 bedroom is at least $4K.

happygolucky
Talker
Talker

Post by happygolucky »

I agree with everyone's sentiments. I used to LOVE Ashley's videos back when she had less than 100k. I watched all of her vlogmas videos the day they went up. She's changed and become less humble. Can't tell when it started but after she got new boobs it seemed like something changed about her personality too. I always felt like they got interns as an excuse to have some more friends :rofl:

They have always lived well, but not sure if it's Ryan's family or Ashley's that is well off. I remember she used to get really mad when people insinuated that her mom and dad paid for her lifestyle and claimed that she earned it all on her own. All I know is her dad is a pilot, and they tend to make pretty decent money.

blahblah20
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by blahblah20 »

I guess it is possible with her working as a stylist (I think?) and Ryan's business they could make a large rent but it seems unlikely. Unless of course his business really does well.

pumpkinpie2
Informer
Informer

Post by pumpkinpie2 »

Even though their rent is high, they live relatively modestly. They rarely go out to bars, restaurants, shows, etc. Ashley shops mainly at fast fashion stores. I doubt they have much, if any money, saved up, but I bet they could get by if they're both making in the low six figures.

blahblah20
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by blahblah20 »

kittyg wrote:Even though their rent is high, they live relatively modestly. They rarely go out to bars, restaurants, shows, etc. Ashley shops mainly at fast fashion stores. I doubt they have much, if any money, saved up, but I bet they could get by if they're both making in the low six figures.
Good point. They don't have a car either but they do seem to take cabs a lot which can add up.

_trainwreck_
Learner
Learner

Post by _trainwreck_ »

Oh Ashley is my recent obsession. I do like her and her style quite a lot but Ryan is just off putting.
But then sometimes... Don't remember the exact vlog I saw, but Ashley made Ryan show off his gym outfit, he looked so annoyed but she was kinda hyped and all of that was so cringey to watch...
New day, new kind of cray cray

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

Most of their interactions are cringe worthy to me. Maybe he’s going through some stuff, at be beginning of her career I remember him to be more likeable.

One thing I have to say, she mentioned in a couple of vlogs ago that people have complained about the lack of fashion related content and unlike so many other youtubers, she just admitted it, apologised and actually delivered more fashion videos in the recent days, so kudos to her. Also it seemed like she was more like her old self in the videos, so I’ve been enjoying that.

Post by Guest »

hmm their parents definitely foot their rent bill thats for sure. all they seem to do is go the gym and grocery. they dont seem to do much outside of that tbh. does her boyfriend ever give her time to breathe? lol

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

After doing a little research on facebook, I've discovered that she's had many luxury bags in the past- Givenchy, Valentino, Celine etc, so I'm wondering if she's got rid of them or just isn't showing them on her yt channel in order not to appear too "luxe". Really odd. :?

happygolucky
Talker
Talker

Post by happygolucky »

I could have sworn she said on her YT she's just getting her first designer bag...and asked for advice? IDK but that seems super shady to lie about

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

I remember when she got that little white bag that was half off- she bought it with an additional coupon and she acted almost as if it was shameful to spend that much money on a bag.

Here are the photos:
https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A71B214
https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A65C392
https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5AA484EF

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

What I liked about her was she buys where normal people urually buy, Zara, TopShop, Forever21... But I think is just matter of time when she become a 'Luxury' YouTubber and then she wears nothing but Luxury brands. She started with makeup when started to get free Tarte merchandise. Ok, Tarte is not Dior or Tom Ford... but I can see her soon on that wagon.

OOT I never have understand that LifeByHer thing. What is that? Is that you have to pay to get pics of her everyday? I think the whole idea is really stupid. But these days people pay for anything.

I think people like her cause she has a nice thin body and mostly everything looks good on her. But TBH her body type is not common. People think they would get her body to 'excercise' like she does... But Im sure she is just skinny and skinny people shows muscles easier.

Anyway, Im trying to go back to her channel as keep appearing on my YT suggestions, but I really dont like when the hired another girl and she just films herself sitting with her and her boyfriend... is like... dunno...

jellyfish89
Talker
Talker

Post by jellyfish89 »

I think it's super strange that Ashley's never met her best friend Taylor's boyfriend (the one that proposed in today's vlog).

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”