ThriftThick Part III - Ca$hie is sorry you feel that way!

NoKingsAllHands
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ThriftThick Part III - Ca$hie is sorry you feel that way

Post by NoKingsAllHands »

Yeah, I don't really care to be honest. I know that sounds awful. I'm probably an awful person. Oh well. The internet is often a cesspool. If personal info as far as an address is put out there, then I can see why there would be "bans". But as far as people expressing their hatred or disgust of her...it's fair game. Why should their opinions hold any weight to begin with? As the saying goes...everyone has an opinion. Boohoo if others don't like it.

allyb_
Informer
Informer

Post by allyb_ »

Bahahahaha I've gotta see one of these pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kohlehydrat
Talker
Talker

Post by kohlehydrat »

personally i do see a difference between an opinion and spewing vile hate. not the same thing at all and i can understand when people don't want to provide a space where nothing comes in but that.

what i don't get is what social function is fulfilled for people when they gather to spew hate in such an irrational, over the top form. what drives the rabid emotion, why are people so personally involved?

CrowRot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrowRot »

kohlehydrat wrote:personally i do see a difference between an opinion and spewing vile hate. not the same thing at all and i can understand when people don't want to provide a space where nothing comes in but that.

what i don't get is what social function is fulfilled for people when they gather to spew hate in such an irrational, over the top form. what drives the rabid emotion, why are people so personally involved?
It depends. It's herd mentality. In my psych class, you learn people are far more willing to go with whats popular than what they believe if its one against ten. It reinforces a sense of righteousness. Extreme threads about Cassie are filled with people shaming her body and her mental illness. Sometimes it does make some people feel better to say "At least I don't look like her". Not everyone, of course.

Personally, I think Cassie has been a dick to people. She's a bit spineless, a little deceptive, and a bit of a beggar. I still like some of her content. However, I think bringing her Dermatillomania and weight into it every chance people can without having something constructive is tasteless.

And don't take this as me saying people can't criticize her weight or her gorging herself on Pizza. I just mean maliciously targeting her weight.
"You're asking me why? I did it 'cause I was bored."

kohlehydrat
Talker
Talker

Post by kohlehydrat »

good point about the herd mentality and agree with everything else you said.
the sad thing is that these days (i'm oldish, almost 60) anyone who ventures into the public eye anywhere has become fair game for the crazies on a global scale and while the crazies have always been out there, they now have the instruments to band together and spread their agenda. the crazy fans are just as bad as the hatemongers.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

I think the problem, as someone actually pointed out on Reddit, is that this ban is not going to do anything in the long run. Once it's lifted, they'll be right back at it again. Or, furthermore, the people targeting Cassie will go elsewhere in the meantime and start problems with other people. It's not a solution. It's a band aid.
Blending is my cardio.

CrowRot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrowRot »

trickylinguist wrote:I think the problem, as someone actually pointed out on Reddit, is that this ban is not going to do anything in the long run. Once it's lifted, they'll be right back at it again. Or, furthermore, the people targeting Cassie will go elsewhere in the meantime and start problems with other people. It's not a solution. It's a band aid.
That is a good point. I can see why they’d do it, but you’re right, they’ll find another place to do it. I don’t think there’s really a viable solution for the issue of hardcore gossip forums except the people involved learning to chill.

kohlehydrat
Talker
Talker

Post by kohlehydrat »

in the meantime though it gives the remaining mods (i read some of them quit because of the threat of being doxxed by rabid cassie haters calling to arms on another website) time to process and think how they can better manage the situation. i think the whole thing is a sad affair.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

BlueHoneybee wrote:Cassie: I don't consider eggs vegetarian

Me: clicks out of video
Most vegetarians I know who don't eat eggs are Hindu. Apparently, they consider eggs to be "meat". No fish either. They do use dairy, however, so they are lacto-vegetarians. In the West, lacto-ovo-vegetarianism and pescatarianism seem to be more common.

CrowRot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrowRot »

fihe wrote:

Most vegetarians I know who don't eat eggs are Hindu. Apparently, they consider eggs to be "meat". No fish either. They do use dairy, however, so they are lacto-vegetarians. In the West, lacto-ovo-vegetarianism and pescatarianism seem to be more common.
Well, dietary Vegan (is that what lacto-ovo-vegetarianism is? I'm a dumbass) is a diet completely devoid of animal products. I think Cassie is just a vegetarian, and I don't think she's Hindu. I just think for some weird reason she doesn't think eggs are vegetarian friendly? She eats them anyways, which doesn't make sense.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

BlueHoneybee wrote:
fihe wrote:

Well, dietary Vegan (is that what lacto-ovo-vegetarianism is? I'm a dumbass) is a diet completely devoid of animal products. I think Cassie is just a vegetarian, and I don't think she's Hindu. I just think for some weird reason she doesn't think eggs are vegetarian friendly? She eats them anyways, which doesn't make sense.
Lacto-ovo-vegetarians eat dairy and eggs. Vegans do not eat any animal products. I highly doubt Cassie is Hindu, but now I'm confused, since she seems to think that lacto-vegetarianism is being a real vegetarian, yet if she does eat eggs, she's a lacto-ovo-vegetarian.

Misszell
Talker
Talker

Post by Misszell »

The sandwich in her Mukbang was HUGE. You could have literally quartered it and fed a family of 4. Just sayin.

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

Is the goal of her mukbangs to gorge herself and eat like a pig or is this just an excuse for her to overeat? Honestly the thought of her stuffing herself is just gross to me.

fleekthis
Talker
Talker

Post by fleekthis »

I can't even hate-watch Cassie anymore. Between the victim attitude, the mukbangs which disgust me, and the lack of skills- which I used to appreciate a bit as someone that isn't a guru and doesn't want to always feel compelled to wear some smokey eye and winged liner to work, I'm done.

I don't need a YTer that has a zillion fancy lights and backdrops, but can you at try to blend your make-up? Lint roll your cardigan? At least maybe change your cardigan once in a while?

NoKingsAllHands
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NoKingsAllHands »

fleekthis wrote:I can't even hate-watch Cassie anymore. Between the victim attitude, the mukbangs which disgust me, and the lack of skills- which I used to appreciate a bit as someone that isn't a guru and doesn't want to always feel compelled to wear some smokey eye and winged liner to work, I'm done.

I don't need a YTer that has a zillion fancy lights and backdrops, but can you at try to blend your make-up? Lint roll your cardigan? At least maybe change your cardigan once in a while?
Yeah, I can't hate watch the broad anymore. I'm with you on that. I'll go to her channel every now and then, really just to look at the comment section. Also to see if she's still making an ass of herself, which is pretty obvious that she is.

suspenders
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by suspenders »

I gotta say that I didn't realize how severely Cassie is balding!! Hollyyy cow, it's so bad! It turns my stomach to see it. Part of me wants to give her props for putting it out there knowing we're all gonna talk about it!

CrowRot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrowRot »

Sits back in chair.

So, she was raised super duper devote catholic, but she didn't understand "Mother!" ? I'm not at all trying to be a pseudo-intelligent wankoff here, but it was pretty straight forward if you're familiar with the bare bones of the bible. I went to church maybe 10 times in my life and understood it. Minor spoilers below but this really tells me how bad Cassie is at identifying metaphors and imagery, despite being an art major. Obviously, this is my interpretation of it, but relaying it to my dad who's SUPER christian, I think I got most of it right.

Spoilers below in bold with a TL;DR version beneath it:

God created the Earth (the husband creating the house and his Wife, who's mother earth). Mother Earth presses her ear to the wall of her home and hears a heartbeat, and you can see a healthy heart beating in the wall. A man shows up first (Adam) and praises the Husband for his writing, then comes the man's wife (Eve). God's wife ( the mother earth) grows weary of the couple and wants him out, but God loves the praise and invites them to stay. Eventually the two go into God's office and shatter the stone he used to create the house ( Adam and Eve disobeying God for temptation of the Apple).

God screams at them for destroying it and they run off into another room of the house yet refuse to listen to Mother Earth, and eventually Adam and Eve's children (Cain and Able) show up and fight over the will Adam left which excludes one of the sons. In his rage, Cain murders Able and flees. A ton of people show up to the home to mourn Able's death, and eventually they start going into rooms, ignoring Mother Earth when she asks them to stop, they start painting the house, and eventually they sit on a sink and jump on it till a pipe bursts and fills the floor with water (the flood). She presses her ear to the wall again and the heart beat is slower and the heart visual blackens.

Mother Earth screams for them to leave, and all the humans vanish for 8 months while God gets the Earth pregnant. Before she has her baby, humans come back after God gets inspired by his wife and her pregnancy to write his next book (the Bible). Humans burst through the door, take pictures, ask for autographs, do interviews, etc. God lets them stay because he loves the attention and praise. Mother Earth gets angry and overwhelmed again, because like last time their home (the Earth) is being destroyed and filled with garbage. The crowd turns into a party, which turns into riots, which turns to war and starvation, and you get the connection of current humanity. Mother Earth gives birth to her baby, Jesus, and God wants to show him to the crowd. Mother Earth refuses, because she knows they'll kill the child with reckless behavior. The humans leave gifts, and God becomes angry his wife won't let him hold their child. Days pass of them staring each other down, and she falls asleep eventually and he steals her child. God steals the child and passes him around to the humans who worship him, then eventually break his neck ( dying for their sins ) and then break him up and eat him and worship whats left of his eaten corpse (probably how we worship him dying on the cross). The house is in shambles, and the heart in the house dies and turns black. Mother Earth runs into the basement and dumps oil on the ground and uses Adam's lighter to set the home on fire. The house and the humans go up in flames, and God pulls a barely alive Mother Earth out of the rubble. She asks why her love wasn't enough, and God says it can never be enough, or he cannot create, and that's what he was made to do. He asks her for one last gift, her love, and he pulls out her heart which turns into the stone he used to create the first house. A new house and a new "Mother" are born from the stone and the wreckage, and the movie begins again.

TL;DR : The Mother is the Mother Earth, the Husband is God, the House is the World, and it's a commentary on how humans destroy everything they touch, God is an egotistical ass who lives to be worshipped, and the Earth is dying because of our neglect. My interpretation, at least.

That was a lot, but I'm just baffled at how daft she is to emphasize how super religious she was raised, yet she couldn't grasp the movie at all. I dunno, it just opened my eyes to how she can't grasp general concepts despite having learned the content. Kinda reflects on her art background, yet she really doesn't involve that in her videos which she makes her income off.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

She makes me really self concious about how I eat a sub sandwich..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

Nazzababy13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nazzababy13 »

Did anyone see Cassie on The Doctors today?

Nazzababy13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nazzababy13 »

Nazzababy13 wrote:Did anyone see Cassie on The Doctors today?

Idk how did her hair but it looks reaaaally bad.

Return to “Thrift Thick”