Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by dissolved »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrB-gI ... QJN7HA_usg

If she already has a thread please do link me- other than that, I've been watching her for a while now, anyone has any thoughts?

notorious28
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by notorious28 »

I like her what i wore series, but the rest is so basic!

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

I personally loved her vlogs when she was a small channel- now that she has "interns" and stuff, I find myself skipping through them. I feel like yt fame got into her too quickly.

haulbiotch
Talker
Talker

Post by haulbiotch »

I was a big fan this time last year. I also liked when she was working full time. Something changed when she became full time. Also Ryan never look happy lately.
I also find the extreme vegan-non-dairy-no-sugar food obsession a bit tiresome. Does she still have the interns?

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

Ryan does the new fasting trend where he doesn't eat for 16 hours- I find it hard to believe that it is beneficial for his productivity level. She still has interns, in the last vlog you can see Jenna.
Happy they got a puppy, just wondering how that's gonna play out with their Texas trips.

Maccyd
Informer
Informer

Post by Maccyd »

I actually like Ashley and her overall style,in comparison to some British fashion youtubers she seems to put effort into finding good high street items and how to style them. That said, she is painfully thin and obsessed with organic vegan everything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

_iva19_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _iva19_ »

There's something about her that I genuinely dislike, yet I can't put my finger on it.

horcrux_dr
Talker
Talker

Post by horcrux_dr »

I only watch her vlogs and now skip those too. I like seeing her life in New York and their pretty apartment but now with the interns and YouTube as a full time job she is off putting to me. I prefer watching people who do Youtube as a side thing.

Also, I think I started disliking her when the confederate flag was clearly visible in one of her Texas vlogs around last year :?

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

horcrux_dr wrote:I only watch her vlogs and now skip those too. I like seeing her life in New York and their pretty apartment but now with the interns and YouTube as a full time job she is off putting to me. I prefer watching people who do Youtube as a side thing.

Also, I think I started disliking her when the confederate flag was clearly visible in one of her Texas vlogs around last year :?
Oh I loved her vlogs when she was working full time! Really hate the whole intern/full youtuber thing- I just don't think she has anything interesting to show anymore. Her newest vlog "what I've been working on" I had to skip the whole Jenna part/party and then Sam. I only liked the at home part. Shame.

pumpkinpie2
Informer
Informer

Post by pumpkinpie2 »

I actually really like Ashley. I think she has a genuinely upbeat personality and she puts a lot of effort into her videos. I also love her style. (Although I've only started watching her the past six months or so, so I don't know how different she was before she was doing YouTube full time.)

However, I am really turned off by her boyfriend. He comes off as being super lame and a bit condescending at times. Several times in vlogs he and Ashley have mentioned how successful he is and how much money he makes, and I just can't see how that is true. He just follows her around all day. There is rarely a moment in her videos when he is not present.

I'm sure he's doing fine, but there's no way I'm buying that he is the breadwinner in that relationship.

horcrux_dr
Talker
Talker

Post by horcrux_dr »

kittyg wrote:I actually really like Ashley. I think she has a genuinely upbeat personality and she puts a lot of effort into her videos. I also love her style. (Although I've only started watching her the past six months or so, so I don't know how different she was before she was doing YouTube full time.)

However, I am really turned off by her boyfriend. He comes off as being super lame and a bit condescending at times. Several times in vlogs he and Ashley have mentioned how successful he is and how much money he makes, and I just can't see how that is true. He just follows her around all day. There is rarely a moment in her videos when he is not present.

I'm sure he's doing fine, but there's no way I'm buying that he is the breadwinner in that relationship.
Ryan is just weird to me. Ashley claims she can't describe what Ryan even does and then she plugs those conferences she and him attend where a ticket is quite expensive. It gives me con artist and pyramid scheme vibes to me.

Maccyd
Informer
Informer

Post by Maccyd »

What does he actually do for a living?

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

I think he works in creative development/media, she mentioned it in the previous Q&A. They have an “office” at wework, but I heardy ever see him go there in the vlogs. I find it weird that he’s always with her as well.

Maccyd
Informer
Informer

Post by Maccyd »

dissolved wrote:I think he works in creative development/media, she mentioned it in the previous Q&A. They have an “office” at wework, but I heardy ever see him go there in the vlogs. I find it weird that he’s always with her as well.
Ah ok thanks, Yes, in all the videos I've ever watched he's just lurking about in the background or following her around. He's weird.

pumpkinpie2
Informer
Informer

Post by pumpkinpie2 »

They said in a recent video that he "owns a business that helps websites utilize Google adsense," which is oddly specific. And then he says that he started the business ten years ago. So he just started a company when he was like 18 and that's his deal? That makes no sense.

I get such bad vibes from him.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

http://reediculous.me/

that's his company's website. I think he's older than 28, no?

pumpkinpie2
Informer
Informer

Post by pumpkinpie2 »

That website is just a bunch of buzz words thrown together. It doesn't really explain what the company does. And it doesn't list a single client they've done work for.

Does anyone know how old he is? He doesn't seem that much older than Ashley?

jellyfish89
Talker
Talker

Post by jellyfish89 »

I agree with some of you who said that you were formerly big fans who've been turned off a bit in recent months. I subscribed to ashley when she has ~25K subs, and found her and her style refreshing. since going full-time with yt, something is no longer sitting right. so many of her vids are sponsored and I don't feel like she does a good job of disclosing.

The thing with ryan is, I think he comes of bland because he's trying to do reputation management, which from his work website seems like a service they offer lol. I definitely think he does have a personality and opinions but keeps them off camera because he doesn't think it's smart to come off as polarizing. My boyfriend works at an ad agency and has a coworker that does basically ryan's job as a side hustle. It pays decently, but clearly not enough where she'd want to quit her full-time gig. Essentially, there are online platforms that people like ryan can subscribe to that give you data on which search words lead searchers to his client's websites. he can then use that data to find insights and structure a search optimization strategy for his clients. his website looks super dinky though.

Can someone link me to the texas blog with the confederate flag please? I'm super surprised to hear this and am even more put off...

pumpkinpie2
Informer
Informer

Post by pumpkinpie2 »

Thanks for giving some insight into Ryan's job. I believe it is a real thing now lol. I still find it hard to believe that he's *super successful* with it as he spends most of his time working on Ashley's stuff.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

Don't get me wrong, I love my dog and treat him like a baby at times as well, but this IG obsession about calling yourself mom and "mom life" (when she's brushing her teeth holding Stella) needs to stop. And dog accounts. Smh.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”