Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Christian "Ghost Pepper" Goomah

Post by Spid »

Micapika wrote:
Spid wrote:He's still doing it in a shady way to claim more tax write off. Let people donate directly instead of giving it to you to donate.
But I suppose he's bringing attention and some people who might not have donated who watch him might
Yeah but he could set up a Justgiving page that would directly donate to one of the charities helping out in Houston and plug that page hard in his video. It would be quicker to do that than the roundabout way he is going about it too.

And yeah that tweet was obviously about his Alphalete IG typo. It was just timed very badly and I don't follow the Alphalete IG so never saw it.

Micapika

Post by Micapika »

Spid wrote:
Micapika wrote:
Spid wrote:He's still doing it in a shady way to claim more tax write off. Let people donate directly instead of giving it to you to donate.
But I suppose he's bringing attention and some people who might not have donated who watch him might
Yeah but he could set up a Justgiving page that would directly donate to one of the charities helping out in Houston and plug that page hard in his video. It would be quicker to do that than the roundabout way he is going about it too.

And yeah that tweet was obviously about his Alphalete IG typo. It was just timed very badly and I don't follow the Alphalete IG so never saw it.
True but that's essentially what he's doing but I suppose it would bring traffic to Alphalete too, doesn't feel like a time to plug your active wear line

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GluteActivation »

As much as I hate CG I respect him a lot for doing this. I don't even care if he gets a tax break tbh, it's for a good cause.
I don't have much $ right now so I donated $20, I'm happy that it'll be matched to $40 and will go a longer ways.
It just breaks my heart knowing how much devastation this caused.

I'm from Florida and we had back to back hurricanes in 2005 (the year of the infamous Katrina) it was such a horrid experience. I was in 6th grade, and It's something I'll never forget. 28 tropical storms, of that 15 became hurricanes $159 Billion dollars in damages throughout (thanks wikipedia for reminding me what the actual #'s were).
Last year hurricane Matthew ripped through Haiti and a majority of my old high school were Haitian migrants. I'd see their FB statuses of their families being stuck there because they're so poor, homes destroyed, some died, some they couldn't get in contact with so they didn't know WHAT happened to them. I cried so much for my friends and their families & I cried for Texas yesterday (those animal pics totally got me :( ugh and that nursing home picture :( )

So again, despite hating Christian. What he's doing is noble and spreading awareness to a good cause. If you don't have much to donate, this is a good way for your dollars to get matched.
If you're a daily Starbucks drinker, don't go to Starbucks one day this this week, save that ~$5 and donate even if you dont want to do it through CG's fund. But know that if you do that $5 will turn into $10 and can go a longer ways.
I'm not sure of other donators that are matching, but if anyone comes across them please share.

The way I see it
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The way I see it »

He's only doing this because of the crap he was getting when he mentioned his house almost got close to the water and people said he cares about nothing but him and his gf when he took off and left his dogs and family behind in the storm. He's doing it to keep his followers. I don't believe any of the money will go anywhere but his pocket. He's turned evil since he met that witch.

Micapika

Post by Micapika »

The way I see it wrote:He's only doing this because of the crap he was getting when he mentioned his house almost got close to the water and people said he cares about nothing but him and his gf when he took off and left his dogs and family behind in the storm. He's doing it to keep his followers. I don't believe any of the money will go anywhere but his pocket. He's turned evil since he met that witch.
I don't get why people are mad they left.... Like seriously they made a choice to leave like their parents made a choice to stay pretty simple if you ask me... If I were there, I'd do the same thing who would want to be there during that

LemonadeGrenade
Talker
Talker

Post by LemonadeGrenade »

The buyer who almost bought his old house a month ago is probably pretty glad they didn't close on it.

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

a lot of people get mad when youtubers do campaigns for charity because they think that they're just doing it for a tax write-off (ex. itsjudyslife). i never understood that thought process. even if they do get a tax write-off, money was still donated to charity? the audacity! honestly there are so many fucked up things that youtubers do, raising money to give to charity for a tax write-off is hardly the worst.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Has it got damaged? I think his parents were round there in the Houston clip he showed and the water levels looked fine there.

slowblink
Informer
Informer

Post by slowblink »

Micapika wrote:
He could literally say, "Hey guys, Houston could really use some help right now. Please donate to the Red Cross at https://www.redcross.org/donate/hurrica ... ame=Harvey!" << btw, that's the link where you CAN ACTUALLY donate to the Red Cross. He could still bring attention to it, and I bet the same people would have donated. But he doesn't do stuff like that because it doesn't directly benefit him.

Cp3p0
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cp3p0 »

Spid wrote:Has it got damaged? I think his parents were round there in the Houston clip he showed and the water levels looked fine there.
In today's video his home was underwater as of yesterday. Probably about 3ft of damage. His condo was leaking and cracking at all of the windows. Which is really really odd because it wasn't flooded it was just from the constant rain. Totally looks like whoever built that house cut some major corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

slowblink wrote:
Micapika wrote:
He could literally say, "Hey guys, Houston could really use some help right now. Please donate to the Red Cross at https://www.redcross.org/donate/hurrica ... ame=Harvey!" << btw, that's the link where you CAN ACTUALLY donate to the Red Cross. He could still bring attention to it, and I bet the same people would have donated. But he doesn't do stuff like that because it doesn't directly benefit him.
Yep. This is exactly what I was saying.

He could even create a separate Justgiving or Gofundme page that gives to whatever charity so he can see how much has been donated to double it. But instead he has this shady Shopify page and has it listed so it looks like you're buying a PDF so all funds go to him. Also, there's no transparency to see how much has been donated except when he will show it on some page in a video I'm guessing.

Yamly
Informer
Informer

Post by Yamly »

Spid wrote:
slowblink wrote:
Micapika wrote:

He could even create a separate Justgiving or Gofundme page that gives to whatever charity so he can see how much has been donated to double it. But instead he has this shady Shopify page and has it listed so it looks like you're buying a PDF so all funds go to him. Also, there's no transparency to see how much has been donated except when he will show it on some page in a video I'm guessing.
I'm not 100% sure on this (I think it's even a gray area for the irs), but money you receive through crowdfunding for charity is considered a gift if the people giving money don't receive any goods in exchange, which is what's happening here.

He won't be paying any tax for receiving the gifts, so basically he got 20k for free. Now he's matching that so donating 20k of his own money, which can go toward a write off. Cool and totally fine.

Now the part that I'm not sure about (And also the shady part) is that he's of course also donating that 20k gift in his own name. So now can he write 40k in donations on his itemized deductions? If so he saves prob something like 15k on his taxes from that....so really hed only be putting 5k toward charity in the end, not 20k.

Again I'm not a tax expert so not 100% sure. Just seems weird he'd do it this way so all the money goes to him so I assume he's doing it to save a bunch on taxes. I mean still great that he's donating a ton of money that people probably wouldn't have given otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

Spid wrote:
slowblink wrote:
Micapika wrote:
He could literally say, "Hey guys, Houston could really use some help right now. Please donate to the Red Cross at [url]<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.redcross.org/donate/hurrica ... ame=Harvey[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>redcross</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>donate</span><span>/</span><span>hurricane</span><span>-</span><span>harvey</span><span>?</span><span>campmedium</span><span>=</span><span>aspot</span><span>&</span><span>campname</span><span>=</span><span>Harvey</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]!" << btw, that's the link where you CAN ACTUALLY donate to the Red Cross. He could still bring attention to it, and I bet the same people would have donated. But he doesn't do stuff like that because it doesn't directly benefit him.

That is what makes my skin crawl... i really want to give him the benefit of the doubt that's he's being honest and upfront about everything but his history gives me pause (the shady results of the summer shredding thing).

ANYWAY. At the end of the day, if he's truly giving as much money as he says he is to charity I won't knock it. I def found other ways to donate that I prefer but if he got some people who wouldn't have donated otherwise to give some money, awesome. I hope he does donate some alphalete clothing though.

gymsnark
Learner
Learner

Post by gymsnark »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Micapika wrote:
The way I see it wrote:He's only doing this because of the crap he was getting when he mentioned his house almost got close to the water and people said he cares about nothing but him and his gf when he took off and left his dogs and family behind in the storm. He's doing it to keep his followers. I don't believe any of the money will go anywhere but his pocket. He's turned evil since he met that witch.
I don't get why people are mad they left.... Like seriously they made a choice to leave like their parents made a choice to stay pretty simple if you ask me... If I were there, I'd do the same thing who would want to be there during that
Yeah, getting mad about that is irrational and bizarre. Who cares WHY he's raising money also. That is irrelevant. What matters is that he's raising it and matching it. I doubt he's going to pocket the money :roll:
1) How do you know he's going to use the money the way he says?
2) How do you know he's really going to match the donation?

Some people are naive ...

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I talk a lot of shit about CG, and I still don't like him for how he treated Nikki, London, and how shady/greedy he was becoming. But I really respect him for donating and planning on volunteering to help victims. I can see that he's being very genuine and truly wants to help out how he can.
It's insane that after the $ match it broke $50K!!! wow just wow!!! I'm glad he's divvying up the funds and donating them to different organizations, and SO GLAD he's NOT donating to the Red Cross. Like seriously FUCK the people that run Red Cross, they're scum.
I hope he donates to an animal shelter too.

If you guys know me you KNOW I'm seriously anti CG & BB and pro NB, but I have to respect them for using their platforms to spread awareness as well as actually going out there themselves to participate in the relief efforts.
I love NB dearly, but she really hasn't done shit besides tweet a few links and talk for about 1 minute in a random video saying to donate. If I were her, I'd hop on a flight to Texas and go help out in person. Instead she made a few tweets then hopped back on GOT's dick (if it were to have one). If she put as much effort into making a hurricane awareness/donation video as she does her GOT reviews, and use all of her SM platforms to encourage people to donate, I'd respect her more.
And I know she's in Cali but that's no excuse. There are plenty of people with less money than her who have actual jobs (sean serantos and some of his friends who are in Cali as well) and they're headed to Texas and they're not even from there....

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

I'm not going to donate to CG, but I'm not going to knock him for fundraising. If it comes out he pocketed some, then I'll judge. Also, why are people mad he left his house? Isn't it the responsible thing to do? A lot of people who weren't forced to evacuate got stranded and had to be rescued. If he stayed behind and rescuers had to use resources to save him wouldn't that be worse (not knocking the people who did have to be rescued, but come on it's not really worth the risk to stay behind if you don't need to and have other options). God, I hate defending CG, but come on. I'll stick to judging him on his choice in women and inability to keep track of his wallet.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

In the latest video - Joe's mom must have thought WTF when she saw Nabiel with a GoPro strapped to his head filming the furniture moving. Not sure it needed to be in the footage. The potential buyer of CG's old place really dodged a bullet. And yeah the new house is poor workmanship if it's leaking water surely?

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

lol why are people complaining about not knowing where money is going when donated to CG when you don't even know where tf it's going with the red cross. only a percentage of the donations people have sent in for harvey will be used by the red cross for disaster relief. which is even more maddening than whatever tf CG is doing because this is the "go-to" organization that everyone is using to donate their money to, yet not all of the money will go towards harvey related issues.

Micapika

Post by Micapika »

Lurkosaurus Rex wrote:lol why are people complaining about not knowing where money is going when donated to CG when you don't even know where tf it's going with the red cross. only a percentage of the donations people have sent in for harvey will be used by the red cross for disaster relief. which is even more maddening than whatever tf CG is doing because this is the "go-to" organization that everyone is using to donate their money to, yet not all of the money will go towards harvey related issues.
Yeah not hating but he probably should have chosen a smaller charity since the red cross don't actually help as much as they do. My friend told me during Katrina they did very little to help their family

GluteActivation
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

So I've been a little addicted to watching these Top 15 videos on YT. This specific channel alternates narrators, but this guy sounds just like Goomah.
(I think the videos are slowed down, so put it on 1.25 or 1.5 speed to get the effect)

https://youtu.be/8bWhdDQEnZw

Return to “Christian Guzman - Archived Threads”