pewdiepie

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie

Post by meowlizzz »

Yeah that video he made where he actually finally apologized for the Nazism stuff was stupid. You can tell by how he speaks about it that he's completely clueless. He's ignorant and blind to what is going on in the world. I don't think he understands the gravity of neo-nazis, white supremacists, etc. Even now that he says he does, I don't really believe him. It's sad. Totally clueless.

Branola
Informer
Informer

Post by Branola »

CrystallineKitty wrote:I don't feel sorry for him. He had so many chances to stop making Hitler/Nazi jokes. He was warned over and over. He didn't fucking listen. He thought he was being funny and being a hero to all the anti-PC and anti-SJW people and it finally bit him in the arse. He 100% deserves it. At the end of the day he wasn't censored but most people think he is a dick. Freedom of speech has consequences- just because you could have doesn't mean you should have.

And as a rule, anyone who is a full grown adult that thinks anti-semitic jokes are funny are dicks. I don't think any of that people that I knew who liked making Hitler/Nazi jokes were really nice people. They were jerks on so many levels.

Not saying Felix is evil but he sure is an asshole. I have seen him make a video bullying a child. He is into 'anti-sjw bullying' culture. He can fuck right off in my books.
Regarding the anti-semitic jokes I agree with you 100%. Also, he's a multi-millionaire and I think he manages his money well, so there's absolutely no need to feel bad for him and his "career setback" for multiple reasons.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

the only reason he's trying to cut ties with the neo nazis is because it'll hurt him. up until now he was just being an edgelord, not thinking of the consequences of his insensitive actions, and not caring that he was being associated with those groups, because it was getting him publicity, and those fuckers were supporting him, they were basically worshipping him. but now he sees that is actually damaging to his career so he decided it's time to tone down the edgelord act.
but that's all it is, just a pr move. he might no longer be making jokes that land him on the nazis' good side, but he'll most definitely keep making all sorts of offensive edgelord type jokes filled with sexism, homophobia and racism
The Internet knows all your secrets

Post by Guest »

in his new video he addressed his flaws including that "he doesnt care about the consequences of his actions" which is a huge step in my opinion
this doesnt make him a good guy but at least he acknowledged it and kind of tries to make it right... hopefully he wont do an ignorant shit like that in the future :roll:

takingouttrash
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by takingouttrash »

Can he cut ties with CinnamonToastKen already? He's being used by that fat purple stain on society and his wife Mary is loving it. Pewds, stop being a fucking gullible shit and ditch him. Fucking can't stand the videos he puts out with him in.

Post by Guest »

I think its because they were friends for few years and when you like someone you tend to see their good sides in these times of need
maybe he just want to help him? ( but I really dont think he deserve it :roll: )

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

Well, just when we thought that Felix was gonna distance himself from white supremecists, he says the n word (with a hard r) during a livestream. :?

https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

romr211 wrote:Well, just when we thought that Felix was gonna distance himself from white supremecists, he says the n word (with a hard r) during a livestream. :?

https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6
like i said the other week when he rennounced the neo nazis:
illegal_mind wrote:he might no longer be making jokes that land him on the nazis' good side, but he'll most definitely keep making all sorts of offensive edgelord type jokes filled with sexism, homophobia and racism
The Internet knows all your secrets

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

There are actually people defending him with the excuse that "Oh, he was playing a video game and he got angry and it was just the first thing that he said!!! That doesn't mean he's racist!!! It was just a one time thing!!! It just slipped out!!!"

1) When I and other people I know get angry at a video game or anything else, the first word that comes out isn't the n-word with a hard r.

2) I understand that sometimes people slip up. A few years ago, before I started learning more about racial issues, I used the n-word in my vocabulary. It was the reclaimed version of the n-word (the one with a soft a), and I thought it was ok for me to use because I was never actually calling black people that word in a degrading way (I pretty much used it when I was singing along to rap music and when I was addressing people in a "my homie" kind of way). I realized that it still wasn't ok for me to use because even though I'm a POC, it's still only a word that only black people have the right to reclaim, and I stopped using it. Did I have slip ups? Of course, but it was only a few because I made the conscious effort to not use it. If someone slips up, I think I would be willing to forgive them if they address the fact that they made a mistake and apologized immediately (although it's not really my place to decide if someone should be forgiven for using anti-black slurs).
I don't think it was just a slip up for Felix though. First of all, he's said the n-word before, and he's never made a sincere apology about using the word, never admitted how wrong it was to use it, and never said that he would make sure to never say it again. His apology for his use of the n-word was pretty much a "I'm sorry you guys were offended, but I wasn't trying to be malicious." The other thing is that the way he said it in the clip was so casual. It was the first thing he said when he got frustrated, which makes me think the n-word is something that he uses in his day-to-day life. It wasn't even in a "reclaimed" fashion. His tone was very similar to a racist using it towards a black person to insult them. The only reason why he probably hasn't used it in a video is because he doesn't want more people giving him backlash. And he also still hasn't addressed the backlash he was been getting, so I doubt he even cares that he said it.

Sorry for the long wall of text lol I can get carried away with my rants sometimes.

Post by Guest »

What the actual fuck !
I entered the stream earlier today and saw people saying in the stream ( who pays donations for their comments to show on screen ) that "you can say what you want" or "Im a black man and I dont mind" etc
I only stayed for few moments because I was checking what he was doing but damn, he really makes it hard for his fans to defend him

and it doesnt look like he`ll lose subs anytime soon, just like Jake Paul his fans dont give a shit :?
why is it always ok for white dudes to be offensive in the western media ?! if he was KSI he wouldve been done by now :x
no wonder Trump in a president with all the sexual assault shit

P.S. I saw the clip, he apologized right away BUT the fact that it slipped is still not OK, that means it was in the back of your head and you were thinking about it
the link to the clip : https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

KittyGussip wrote:P.S. I saw the clip, he apologized right away BUT the fact that it slipped is still not OK, that means it was in the back of your head and you were thinking about it
the link to the clip : <a class="vglnk" href="https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>oddshot</span><span>.</span><span>tv</span><span>/</span><span>s</span><span>/</span><span>g</span><span>_</span><span>05U6</span></a>
This doesn't show up in the clip that is linked, but apparently he said afterwards "I forgot that I was streaming", which proves my point that he's only willing to say the n-word when there's no cameras rolling. He probably says it while filming videos and just edits it out. The beauty of livestreams is that you can't edit out the stupid shit you say. :rofl:

KimiNiMuneKyun
Talker
Talker

Post by KimiNiMuneKyun »

That clip made my stomach lurch. It slips out so easily for him. It makes you wonder how often he uses that word. In some of his videos, he says "nibba", which tbh, is still disgusting.
I also I find it funny that anti semitism and racism was just a joke, but now that it's affecting him, well now those jokes are not ok! And he didn't think Nazis were still a thing? How about he uses the internet to read the news rather than just collecting donations and looking at memes???
With all the disgusting things Felix says, it makes me wonder about Marzia. Does he say this kinda stuff around her? Does she laugh at it or ignore it? Does she join him?
What a vile person.

KimiNiMuneKyun
Talker
Talker

Post by KimiNiMuneKyun »

lmao why does he want to use the N-word so badly?

Felix reminds me of Onision. One video he's preaching about equality or whatever and has this holier-than-thou attitude. Then in the next video, he's back to making shitty offensive jokes.
Last edited by KimiNiMuneKyun on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

romr211 wrote:
KittyGussip wrote:P.S. I saw the clip, he apologized right away BUT the fact that it slipped is still not OK, that means it was in the back of your head and you were thinking about it
the link to the clip : <a class="vglnk" href="https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>oddshot</span><span>.</span><span>tv</span><span>/</span><span>s</span><span>/</span><span>g</span><span>_</span><span>05U6</span></a>
This doesn't show up in the clip that is linked, but apparently he said afterwards "I forgot that I was streaming", which proves my point that he's only willing to say the n-word when there's no cameras rolling. He probably says it while filming videos and just edits it out. The beauty of livestreams is that you can't edit out the stupid shit you say. :rofl:
in the clip he said "Im sorry I shouldnt have said that"
but like I said -and you agree with it- it doesnt matter because it was in the back of his head and he probably says it alot
I think he says it while recording because Brad -in the same clip- was laughing, either he is used to editing it out or he as well doesnt see a problem with saying the n-word
he did say before he plays alot of games in his free time that he doesnt record, I bet he says it off camera and streaming feels like youre not recording for editing later aka he was chilling and didnt give a shit
and yeah Im still mad and I heard him say Nibba which is still fucked up

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

I still don't understand people saying it's ok because he was just angry at a video game. Saying the n-word while getting angry at a video game is something you expect from a 12 year old boy playing Call of Duty, not a 20-something year old Youtuber.

Post by Guest »

if any of you know the indie game"Firewatch" -its a nice game check it out- the lead developer is taking a stand against Pewdiepie
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
( its a long thread, check his twitter to read it )
do you think this will actually lead to game developers to stop him from streaming their games ? maybe he career is FINALLY over ?!
I can hope :roll:

bbbubblyyy
Learner
Learner

Post by bbbubblyyy »

Can someone tell me what's the significance of him saying it with a "hard R"?

But seriously who even has that word in their vocab? Especially some whiter than white dude from Sweden. Everyone knows not to say that shit. How dumb can you be? I would hope that this is the end for him but I'm not holding my breath, plenty of people defending him already.

liarliar_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by liarliar_ »

I love pewdiepie and don't think he's a racist but what he said and the way he said it was awful. I think he just truly doesn't care about how people feel but I don't believe he said it because he's racist. I doubt he did it for attention because who would want negative attention like this. I believe he doesn't see the harm in saying it but is inconsiderate of the impact on other people because he's selfish. He's probably thinking "oh, it's just a word, I'm not actually racist so it's totally fine"

It's still extremely wrong though and I'm really disappointed. He apologized after but it didn't even seem like he saw it as a big deal so I can't count that as an apology. It seemed more like an "oh, sorry I said it on the stream" but not "oh shoot idk how that even came out of my mouth." Like someone said on twitter, it wouldn't have come out if he wasn't used to saying it. It's like when I'm at work and the word shit slips out because I say it when I'm outside of work lol.

I hope he apologizes for saying it and says he'll take a step back to truly evaluate how words like that impact others regardless of whether he doesn't see it as a big deal. It just isn't his place to make that decision and it's dangerous for young people watching him to think that it's ok to say as long as you aren't actually racist. It isn't "just a word" to many people and he has no right to say it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KimiNiMuneKyun
Talker
Talker

Post by KimiNiMuneKyun »

KittyGussip wrote:if any of you know the indie game"Firewatch" -its a nice game check it out- the lead developer is taking a stand against Pewdiepie
[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>vanaman</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>906983891935797248</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>vanaman</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>906984318685155328</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
( its a long thread, check his twitter to read it )
do you think this will actually lead to game developers to stop him from streaming their games ? maybe he career is FINALLY over ?!
I can hope :roll:
I was just gonna post this lol.
[tweet][/tweet]
A response to those tweets.
Can someone tell me what's the significance of him saying it with a "hard R"?
It's racist. Whether said with an A or a R, if you aren't black, then there's no reason you should be using that word (however in more academic setting, I think the word may be acceptable to use but idk). But out of all the words he could have used, he chose that one, which leads me to believe he is comfortable using it and uses it often.

Return to “pewdiepie”